• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is Maui airfare up or down from last year?

titan7

TUG Member
Reaction score
We go every year around the 2nd to third week of sept. Every year for past 7-8 I can always grap RT direct from lax to Ogg in the $435-$475 range. This year I can't find anything on American for under $563. I usually see the bottom around mid July but it did not drop. I am wondering if the economy is going to mean this is the new low. We are at MOC 9/19- 10-4.

Ty1on

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We go every year around the 2nd to third week of sept. Every year for past 7-8 I can always grap RT direct from lax to Ogg in the $435-$475 range. This year I can't find anything on American for under $563. I usually see the bottom around mid July but it did not drop. I am wondering if the economy is going to mean this is the new low. We are at MOC 9/19- 10-4.

You've answered your own question!

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Have you tried Hawaiian or Alaska? Do they have direct flights from LAX to OGG?

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you tried Hawaiian or Alaska? Do they have direct flights from LAX to OGG?

I have been looking at LAS to any HI and LAX to any HI over the past month, for various flight dates, and I'm not seeing any super deals.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I know earlier this year my daughter and son in law flew direct San Jose, CA to Maui for about $400 rt each. They did have to be a little flexible on the day of week they flew. They used Hawaiian.

And for next April dh and I are flying direct Oakland to Kona for $500 each rt on Alaska (but it was booked through American). We are flying on Saturdays.

titan7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah i think 550ish is the new low. I will wait till next week and purchase if they don't drop

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Too late for this year, but for next year and future years:

Get an Alaska Airlines Visa card. It will cost you about $80/year. With that membership comes an annual two-for-one certificate, permitting a second passenger on the same Alaska Airlines itinerary for $119 (+/-) round trip. So your second ticket next year will cost you about $200.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Too late for this year, but for next year and future years:

Get an Alaska Airlines Visa card. It will cost you about $80/year. With that membership comes an annual two-for-one certificate, permitting a second passenger on the same Alaska Airlines itinerary for $119 (+/-) round trip. So your second ticket next year will cost you about $200.

Hmm, I wonder if there are similar card deals for airlines that fly to P Vallarto...

maui-or-bust

Reaction score
I have been flying out of lax and john Wayne for years, when prices where low.
For the last 4 years I have been flying out of San Diego with Alaska Air and the fares have been $350.00 to $425.00 , love the companion fare , with tax is $150.00.
I leave the day before the flight due to the 7:00am leave time, which I love, In Maui by 10:00am. I found the Best western yacht harbor hotel, $135.00 a night , down the street from the airport and it has 14 days of free parking.
Taxi fare at 5:00am is $10.00. Hope this helps.

letsgosteelers

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been flying out of lax and john Wayne for years, when prices where low.
For the last 4 years I have been flying out of San Diego with Alaska Air and the fares have been $350.00 to $425.00 , love the companion fare , with tax is $150.00.
I leave the day before the flight due to the 7:00am leave time, which I love, In Maui by 10:00am. I found the Best western yacht harbor hotel, $135.00 a night , down the street from the airport and it has 14 days of free parking.
Taxi fare at 5:00am is $10.00. Hope this helps.

I'm not sure i follow, you are paying $135 a nt to avoid paying for parking???

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I'm not sure i follow, you are paying $135 a nt to avoid paying for parking???

I'm sure this is $135 for one night at the hotel that includes 14 days of parking.

Sent from my iPad

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I've been doing Park and Fly hotel stays for awhile now. For us it's a little
Cheaper to stay at the hotel with two weeks free parking compared to parking at
The airport for two weeks. Not to mention it saves us a few hours of rest
Because we don't have to get up early and drive one or two hours to the
Airport. It makes a big difference on those long Hawaii trips.

maui-or-bust

Reaction score
The park and fly hotel there is great, 14 free days and $5.00 a day after that.
Works well, as were gone 2 to 3 weeks at a time. Hard to find cheap long term parking in San Diego. I would fly out of LAX, but no code sharing on
the companion fare with Alaska Air.

ThreeLittleBirds

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was the same or a bit more. Booked our miles portion and pay portion in March for December.

On Sunday, United added a direct flight home from Lihue. I was able to switch my miles flight and grab 3 seats allowing us to stay an extra day and have a direct flight.

On Sunday, United also made a significant schedule change to our other flight. I was able to cancel that due to the schedule change, get a full refund, and took advantage of a new super low fare to get us to OGG. $340 per person from DEN. It was just over $1k for the 3 of us to fly there.

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just booked a flight from Maui to San Diego on August 24 for $233 which I think is a pretty good deal. What is odd is the connecting flight from Maui to Honolulu is on a big Boeing 767.