• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2018/Closed ] Is LT Transfers legit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne&Jim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kaanapali Villas North OF (annual)
Westin Kaanapali Villas North (annual)
Westin Kaanapali Villas North (bi-annual)
Westin Mission Hills (annual)
Cliff Club at Snowbird (annual)
The Ridge at Tahoe (annual)
Count us among the LTT fan club members — we used them to change title on 3 existing timeshares, and when we purchased two additional timeshares this year. They were fast, professional, and great communicators.

Boiled pizza? There must be an inside joke somewhere that I need to look up...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Venter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Club Son Antem, Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve, Marriott Vacation Club @ Los Suenos, MVC points, Sheraton Lakeside Terrace, Sheraton Flex, Westin Flex, Aventuras
I am talking to a broker who says LTT is not licensed to sell Arizona timeshares. Is this true and if so does anybody have someone else to suggest?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
LTT doesn't sell timeshares at all - they are a Title Company - they do the title work to transfer deeds between owners. The broker may be right, or he may want you to use his affiliated title company, which is to his financial advantage.

Before I believed the broker, I would call LTT and ask if they can transfer Arizona deeds.

L.T. Transfers
www.lttransfers.com
readylegal@gmail.com

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
You don't need a license to assist with timeshare closing in Arizona. You can even do it yourself without any closing company.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
LT Transfers is so good & so economical at what they do, & so popular because of it, that some of the other formerly favored timeshare closing service agencies have virtually given up -- canceled their TUG ads & everything.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Venter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Club Son Antem, Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve, Marriott Vacation Club @ Los Suenos, MVC points, Sheraton Lakeside Terrace, Sheraton Flex, Westin Flex, Aventuras
You don't need a license to assist with timeshare closing in Arizona. You can even do it yourself without any closing company.

Could you pm me some more info on this please. This guy says 'they are not licensed to conduct escrow and settlement in Arizona which is a requirement under Arizona law, where the resort is. My title company is licensed to conduct closings and settlement there. If you have someone else you wish to use, I would need to see there license from the Arizona Department of Insurance' and I wonder if it has anything to do with escrow and insurance?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
The easiest way to do this it to call LTT and ask them...

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Could you pm me some more info on this please. This guy says 'they are not licensed to conduct escrow and settlement in Arizona which is a requirement under Arizona law, where the resort is. My title company is licensed to conduct closings and settlement there. If you have someone else you wish to use, I would need to see there license from the Arizona Department of Insurance' and I wonder if it has anything to do with escrow and insurance?
Who is, "This guy'?

Venter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Who is, "This guy'?
This guy is the broker. I do not want to give names at this stage as I already feel uncomfortable posting our correspondance, but I also do not want to be done in.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Not sure about escrow, my Hyatt Piñon Pointe transactions involving LT Transfers were direct payments between buyer and seller, without escrow.

I wouldn't trust a broker about licensing requirements, they want your business and are not interested in you learning you don't really need them.

You can do a simple Arizona transfer yourself. You need to take the existing deed and modify it by inserting current info on buyer and seller. Then the seller signs the new deed before a notary. Then you send the deed for recording to Arizona county. Then you send the recorded deed to Hyatt.

No transfer company required and certainly no license. You can hire a closing company like LT Transfers to make sure everything is done correctly.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, it is best to use a attorney in the state the resort is in. Is LLT Legal Timeshare Transfers either currently or in the past? If so, I believe their was a long thread on the issue of licensing ect.

AZLatin5

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Pacific Palisades
Wyndham Oceanside Pier
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I live in az and purchased a resale in Az and Ca I used LTT for both without issue.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
In my opinion, it is best to use a attorney in the state the resort is in.

In my opinion, it completely foolish to pay an attorney to do a little routine paperwork.

Is LLT Legal Timeshare Transfers [licensed] either currently or in the past? If so, I believe their was a long thread on the issue of licensing ect.

Seriously? - We all know that you are "Robert/rrLongwell/lcml11" so don't try to pretend that you aren't the very same Robert from that thread.

It went badly for you - let me refresh your memory:
-You tried and failed, to throw LTT under the bus.
-You came out looking like a fool, because LTT is has an attorney on staff and they are licensed.
-It was also priceless when you inadvertantly posted your own home address in the thread.

Let me know if you'd like to discuss this further, Robert.

Last edited:

Venter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If I want an Estoppel, can I contact the resort myself with the deed number etc?
Could I set up the Escrow myself? Do they keep the money and thwn pay once I have the deed and title?
You guys are great with tgis education thing.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
You may want to see if they do escrow accounts. You can contact the resort before owning the deed, however, do not be surprised if you have to get from the seller/seller agent.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If I want an Estoppel, can I contact the resort myself with the deed number etc?
Could I set up the Escrow myself? Do they keep the money and thwn pay once I have the deed and title?

-Some resorts will send an Estoppel directly to an owner, and some will only send them to the title company, but I don't think they will send it to a buyer. You don't have the authority to request it.

-Redweek offers escrow, but it's not cheap, and you will have to see if the broker you are buying from will agree to it.

-If you have never transferred a title yourself before - you would be better off using a professional title company.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
A review of the website page listed below gives the procedures to follow if someone is selling a timeshare. It appears to me that this firm solicits for seller/seller agent customers. Did not see any mention of procedures for buyers to follow on this page. The above poster indicated that you might want to consider a professional title company if you never transferred a title yourself before. That is a thought worthy of consideration.

http://www.lttransfers.com/index-2.html

Last edited:

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.

LT will hold the check from the buyer and release it to the seller once the transfer is complete. I’ve completed this type of transaction with LT for a Hawaii timeshare, sold for $3K. This was a private sale between individuals.

I purchased a Hawaii timeshare in a different transaction and used a licensed Hawaii escrow agent in that case,the amount was $12K. I purchased through a broker.

Brokers will tend to want to use a licensed escrow agent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
LT will hold the check from the buyer and release it to the seller once the transfer is complete. I’ve completed this type of transaction with LT for a Hawaii timeshare, sold for $3K. This was a private sale between individuals.

I purchased a Hawaii timeshare in a different transaction and used a licensed Hawaii escrow agent in that case,the amount was $12K. I purchased through a broker.

Brokers will tend to want to use a licensed escrow agent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I don't think they do this anymore to Hawaii and they now offer an escrow service for an additional $50 through a separate entity in those states where they can. Hawaii is not one of them.

Last edited:

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
LT will hold the check from the buyer and release it to the seller once the transfer is complete. I’ve completed this type of transaction with LT for a Hawaii timeshare, sold for $3K. This was a private sale between individuals. <snip>

In my experiences with LTT (all were private transactions with no broker involvement), the escrow of funds was handled by a (GA) licensed attorney, whose name I don't recall. Unless I'm mistaken (always a distinct possibility), the buyer check gets written to the escrow account and is cashed. Those funds are then held in escrow with / by attorney; a different check is issued to the seller via attorney after closing. In other words, escrowed funds are not literally "held" by LTT itself. This makes perfect sense, of course; if buyer issues a bad check, it's not useful to pass that same bad check along to the seller later.

Perhaps an unimportant distinction; just chiming in with a relevant point / clarification.

None of my transactions involved Hawaii and I do not claim to know anything at all about procedures or requirements which may be unique to Hawaii timeshare transactions.

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Does LT transfers have a web site? What is the phone #? Thanks.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

Talent312

TUG Member