• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is it worth visiting Disney World next summer?

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
How much would a 3 night cruise for 2 adults and a child in a balcony stateroom on a similar cruise line like Royal Caribbean or Princess cost?
Depends on specifics but maybe $1000-1200 with fees and taxes.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I'd agree, we have back to back in a suite for 2 weeks with 2 adults for little more than that next fall.

What cruise line? Is it a balcony suite? I wonder how cruise lines make money on a 2 week cruise for so little esp now with no revenue and all the changes they will need to make to get sailing again. I noticed that Disney has kept its prices high for staying onsite. I guess I was comparing the 3 night cruise to 3 nights staying onsite. It is so expensive to stay onsite. At least on a cruise, we get all meals and entertainment included.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Depends on specifics but maybe $1000-1200 with fees and taxes.

For all 3 people included? I have not seen cruises that cheap with a balcony unless those are special deals due to covid? But then again, I have only cruised on Windstar.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
What cruise line? Is it a balcony suite? I wonder how cruise lines make money on a 2 week cruise for so little esp now with no revenue and all the changes they will need to make to get sailing again. I noticed that Disney has kept its prices high for staying onsite. I guess I was comparing the 3 night cruise to 3 nights staying onsite. It is so expensive to stay onsite. At least on a cruise, we get all meals and entertainment included.
RCCL, Junior suite with balcony.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
For all 3 people included? I have not seen cruises that cheap with a balcony unless those are special deals due to covid? But then again, I have only cruised on Windstar.
No pretty normal prices but it varies a fair amount with the location and specific time of year.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
How much would a 3 night cruise for 2 adults and a child in a balcony stateroom on a similar cruise line like Royal Caribbean or Princess cost?
Probably less than $700pp. THough sometimes finding 3 night cruises on cruise lines other than Carnival can be difficult.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I feel very lucky. Last night, I was able to re-trade into a 3 bedroom at Marriott Imperial Palms....
Congratulations! The Imperial Palms is our favorite Orlando MVCI resort.
On another notes, since we are booked Fri-Fri, I am tempted to add on a 3 day Disney cruise from Fri-Mon. It is a little less than $4000 for a verandah stateroom for 2 adults and a child...
You keep asking the difficult questions...;-)

For over ten years we have very much enjoyed sailing with our kids and sometimes our parents on DCL cruises. But as others have pointed out DCL definitely commands a premium price.

On the other hand, you couldn't pay me to cruise on Carnival even pre-COVID. On the other, other hand, to a young girl a DCL cruise might bring with it the taste of 'Disney Magic' that might still be missing from the parks in June 2021. On the fourth hand I'm not sure the ship will be any better than the parks next summer and there is no way we're cruising in 2021 anyway (I have a DCL North Sea cruise still 'on the books' that is waiting to be swapped out once they announce Summer 2022 itineraries).

I'd be happy to talk about DCL with you via PM if you wish.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Disney cruises are super expensive!
Yes, we did last Summer 3 cabins, full week, 9 people with 3 kids. Total for 7 nights out the door ocean view (9b) was $19K. I was hoping for a FL resident discount, they did offer such for the 3 & 4 night the same week but not the 7 night. $4K seems high to me for a 3 night on DCL even pre covid unless it's a holiday week.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just priced out a 3 day Royal Caribbean cruise for the same sailing date out of Port Canaveral in a balcony stateroom. It is $2124 so almost half the price of a Disney cruise. However, the stateroom is only 2/3 the size and there are no Disney characters. ;)

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just priced out a 3 day Royal Caribbean cruise for the same sailing date out of Port Canaveral in a balcony stateroom. It is $2124 so almost half the price of a Disney cruise. However, the stateroom is only 2/3 the size and there are no Disney characters. ;)
Holiday week?

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holiday week?

It is for the July 9th sailing for 3N in a family stateroom (299 sf) with verandah. The price is $3928 for 2 adults and a child.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My DH does not like the big cruise lines but will make an exception for Disney.

cman

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is for the July 9th sailing for 3N in a family stateroom (299 sf) with verandah. The price is $3928 for 2 adults and a child.
Interesting. I priced it for a suite and this is the price that I got;
1600975917432.png

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Disney really jacks up the price in the summer.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
DCL is a fantastic experience IMHO and not just for kids. The dinners are even a curated experience. 3 days for $4K is an OK price. you could book and decide next spring. I'd spend the $ and do DCL vs another cruiseline. And I'm a bargain shopper. Except for the kids clubs, there's not a lot for kids on the other lines, unless you go with a bigger ship. DCL is the bomb (and my kids don't even like the DCL kids clubs). I cannot imagine how they'll even run kids clubs unless everyone is vaccinated by then. You won't be sorry with DCL, IMHO.
And, it's 3 nights, who cares about a balcony? Just get an outside cabin. You'll be very busy on the ship and private island.

Last edited:

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
And, it's 3 nights, who cares about a balcony? Just get an outside cabin. You'll be very busy on the ship and private island.
From our 'what it's worth department' I second elaine's suggestion to dispense with the verandah. The only cruises on which we get one anymore are those on which we expect to spend a day or more 'sightseeing' from our room - e.g. Alaska or Norwegian fjords. On a 3 night cruise you are unlikely to be in your room much.

After trying an inside room once I also second elaine's suggestion to get an outside cabin - not having the ability to see outside in the mornings and track the changes in light from inside the room was unbearable to us. That said, some people love the 'magic portholes' of the interior cabins on the Dream and Fantasy.

Monykalyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
I still get sticker shock over DCL prices. Have a NCL 7 day in a club balcony suite for 4 people (Eastern Caribbean) for January for just over $4k- and it includes the specialty dining, drink package etc. doubtful it will be sailing but I’d take 7 days over 3 any day. Have a balcony on Carnival Panorama in Jan 2022 for just over $2k (3 people, if my 2 daughters school schedules allow will get them an inside). Still debating about switching to Haven area on that one.
Why not tack on a day or 2 at a Magic Kingdom resort or Animal Kingdom Lodge?

great catch on Imperial Palms! Kids are gonna LOVE the World Center pool and slide!

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Let me add that this is essentially a holiday weekend as it starts 5 days after the 4th which is on Sunday so a lot of people will be traveling that week. We've sailed on both but more RCCL and truthfully, we personally prefer RCCL though we enjoy both. Roughly double is c/w what I've seen in the past though they are much closer if they have a FL resident rate and one qualifies as we do.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
I'd also consider just tacking on two days at AKL and enjoy the resort. Assuming the resort is in full swing, there are many free/low fee activities at AKL, such as animal enrichment (talking to an African guide while making seeded molasses pine cones for the animals to eat), outdoor movies every night, cookie decorating, campfire (maybe with smores) and at other resorts, such as going over to FT Wilderness to fish (son caught a little bass there) or rent bikes and they have a great campfire sing a long with Chip and Dale (you can buy smores stuff or bring your own), riding the boat from Disney Springs to OKW or SSR.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
I also have found DCL to be more expensive as a mass market cruise line.

Comparing prices when kids are in school vs summer vacation time is like comparing apples to oranges.

For a 9 year old, I would think he/she would love a DCL cruise even though you are paying a 50% premium.

Like Dean our preferred cruise line is RCCL but will also cruise MSC at least once every other year. MSC had some excellent prices where you could cruise 2 weeks in their Yacht Club vs one week on an Oasis Sky suite. Now the prices on MSC are closer to 80% of RCCL. Still a good deal in my book but not the great deal of a couple years ago.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just re-traded into a 3 BR/3 bath at Grande Vista. I think it is better unit than the 3 BR at Imperial Palms because it has an extra bathroom and sleeps 12 vs 10. It is about 100 sf bigger.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'd also consider just tacking on two days at AKL and enjoy the resort. Assuming the resort is in full swing, there are many free/low fee activities at AKL, such as animal enrichment (talking to an African guide while making seeded molasses pine cones for the animals to eat), outdoor movies every night, cookie decorating, campfire (maybe with smores) and at other resorts, such as going over to FT Wilderness to fish (son caught a little bass there) or rent bikes and they have a great campfire sing a long with Chip and Dale (you can buy smores stuff or bring your own), riding the boat from Disney Springs to OKW or SSR.

We are spending a week in Orlando in Marriott Grande Vista. I can’t see taking on days to stay onsite after being there for 7 days. I would prefer to do a cruise than stay more days in the resort.