• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is it worth visiting Disney World next summer?

Monykalyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just re-traded into a 3 BR/3 bath at Grande Vista. I think it is better unit than the 3 BR at Imperial Palms because it has an extra bathroom and sleeps 12 vs 10. It is about 100 sf bigger.
We were in a 3 bedroom in August for a week-it is WONDERFUL having that much space!! And the kids will still love the pools! Our 5 year old grandson sure did.

If cruises are back to "normal" (I expect more vaccine available, and likely some good treatments by late next spring) I'd do the cruise too!!

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
not knocking a DCL--it's a great experience, but being onsite at AKL and taking advantage of all the WDW complex has to offer is a very different experience than Marriott ( fine option for a WDW park visit). I meant to do all that activities of WDW resort and not go into the parks. However, I don't know if all activities will be operational even by next year and if they'll be open to other resort guests (AKL can go over to Ft W, etc.). Pre-Covid, WDW offered activities such as archery lessons, horseback riding, renting little boats, smores, pottery painting, etc.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
not knocking a DCL--it's a great experience, but being onsite at AKL and taking advantage of all the WDW complex has to offer is a very different experience than Marriott ( fine option for a WDW park visit). I meant to do all that activities of WDW resort and not go into the parks. However, I don't know if all activities will be operational even by next year and if they'll be open to other resort guests (AKL can go over to Ft W, etc.). Pre-Covid, WDW offered activities such as archery lessons, horseback riding, renting little boats, smores, pottery painting, etc.

I have stayed onsite at Disney at Animal Kingdom Lodge and other resorts. I loved staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge and I would like to stay there agin one day but I do not think it makes sense to do it until Covid is over. I am more tempted to do a Disney cruise that stay at Animal Kingdom again. If I did not have a free Marriott week that will expire in 2021, I would be tempted to stay at Animal Kingdom again. Staying offside is a good opportunity to explore the other parks in Orlando that I have never been to like Universal, SeaWorld and Legoland.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Okay, I might be splurging. I am thinking of staying at Marriott Imperial Palms for 6 nights (have a free week with II from Sun to Sun). Then moving to Animal Kingdom for 2 nights (Sat-Mon). Then taking a 4 night Disney cruise from Port Canaveral (visits Nassau, Disney's private island, and a day at sea). Then drive down to Miami for 8 nights to visit my family. This will be our first big trip with our adopted daughter, who will be 9 next summer. I think it is worth a splurge while she is still young enough to be awed by everything.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay, I might be splurging. I am thinking of staying at Marriott Imperial Palms for 6 nights (have a free week with II from Sun to Sun). Then moving to Animal Kingdom for 2 nights (Sat-Mon). Then taking a 4 night Disney cruise from Port Canaveral (visits Nassau, Disney's private island, and a day at sea). Then drive down to Miami for 8 nights to visit my family. This will be our first big trip with our adopted daughter, who will be 9 next summer. I think it is worth a splurge while she is still young enough to be awed by everything.
Your family members are going have a blast . Visiting Disney first and staying at Disney Animal Kingdom meaning you will only have to touch your luggage once and that is load your luggage for the Disney Bus. A Disney crew member, will pick - up your luggage from your timeshare villa . Next you and your family will board the Disney Bus to Port Canaveral for your Disney cruise . You and your family will be on the ship under 15 minutes. All of your checked luggage will be brought to yours room by a Disney crew member.

I hope you have this Disney Cruise package plan.

Your daughter will have so many children in her age group to play with. Disney have excellent planned activities all day and evening for children. You will see her for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Please tell her to order more than hamburgers, pizza and fries. LOL.

Please kept your Disney luggage tags as souvenirs. The private island is Awesome.

Our last Disney Cruise was about twelve (12) years ago when our Grandson and Grandaughter were 13 and 9 years old.. it was Awesome; total cruising party were seven adult's and three children. We all rated the total vacation and cruise experience a TEN (10) PLUS.

Last edited:

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
Great Plan. Our Younger kids didn’t stay in kids club very much. Imho the club is better for outgoing kids and not shy ones (mine). My Older tween loved it.
But there’s so much to Do the ship. We had a great time as a family with character breakfasts, movies, shows,family crafts/games,snorkeling, biking around CC. You’ll have a wonderful time.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I booked it all. 6N at Marriott Imperial Palms in a 3BR, 2N at Animal Kingdom in a 1 BR savannah view, 4N on the Disney Dream, then 8N in Miami. It should be a blast!

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Our Disney cruise experience was during their first season, but our kids loved it. Our 10 year old daughter would disappear into her club after breakfast and meet us after dinner in time for that night’s show, and our 14 year old son would hang with us for the day’s activities and disappear into the teen hangout after dinner. So they both had lots of individual attention from us.

chromeo

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC x 4
Their trend before shutdown was to constant hard ticket events (villain parties, etc). It also would not surprise me if the new version of Fastpass allows you to buy Fastpasses when they come back. So, maybe you can stay at the Marriott, and for a few hundred bucks you can go buy a few Fastpssses and then to villain night, which would really be a cool last trip.

If there are no hard ticket events or upsell Fastpasses, I would stay on site. Especially as a last trip, you need to at least get on a couple rides, which is impossible without Fastpasses. Spending an expensive vacation waiting in 90 minute lines is no fun.

Another consideration is if the extended hours are still there for onsite guests. Nothing beats a Wednesday night in an emptied out park, after it's cooled down and the fireworks have ended.

Of course, you could accomplish these goals with a suite at Art of Animation for a couple of nights, you don't have to go bananas on Animal Kingdom for a whole week.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I keep editing my plans for next summer. Now I am booked for a week at Lakeshore Reserve and we are doing the weekend Disney cruise. We will go to Miami to visit family for a week before we go to Orlando. I decided to skip Animal Kingdom because we are changing hotels a lot. I shortened the Disney cruise to 3 nights because I am thinking of doing a 7N Disney cruise in 2022. The 3N is on Disney Dream and the 7N is on Disney Fantasy so we can experience two different ships and itineraries. The 2022 cruise is over our daughter’s birthday so that will be a surprise for her birthday. I am thinking of splurging on a 1 bedroom concierge suite for the 2022 cruise. I saw that off season 1 bedroom suites are significantly less expensive than if you sail in the summer. It is is almost half the cost if you sail off season.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Okay, I decided to change the cruise to a 7N Eastern Caribbean cruise in January 2021 because I wanted to book a 1 bedroom concierge class suite over Alivia’s 9th birthday week instead of over the summer. It is about half the price in January compared to the summer. I paid in full today because the agent said if DCL cancels and I have already paid in full, we will get a 125% cruise credit on a future cruise (or a refund if they cancel). So that means I can move it to her birthday week in 2022 and have an almost $4000 credit. Frankly, I do not think I can spend $4000 in credit but it is nice to have if they cancel on us. We can also change the date within 15 days of sailing. So I decided not to spend the extra $1200 in travel insurance. I also paid in full so I could reserve a cabana on Castaway Cay but they were already sold out. However, I got the exact room I wanted and I got all the excursions and onboard activities I wanted. So I think I can deal with a beach chair and umbrella. LOL

Update: All the cabanas at Castaway Cay said sold out last night. So someone on Facebook recommended emailing the concierge. This morning I received a reply and he booked a cabana for us! Now this cruise is absolutely perfect for us in every way. I hope Disney does not cancel it.

Last edited: