• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is it too late to rescind?

DrMuj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok first of all, I know this was not a good idea in retrospect. My parents and I went to a "timeshare information" meeting on 06/15/2017 where we agreed to transfer our timeshare ownership to RCI platinum points via Florida Vacation Villas Club using Allied Solutions Group in hopes of decreasing maintenance fees. We are equal owners in the current timeshare and were told that would continue this arrangement with RCI. On 6/21/2017 Allied Solutions, the company that held the meeting, contacted my mother via email that some of the paperwork, mainly the Membership Agreement had to be redone. They want to change the RCI ownership from 3 equal owners to 2 main owners plus an additional owner. No money or deeds have changed hands. Even though we are past the original rescind period, we have not signed the "new" agreement. My interpretation is that we do not have a valid agreement and can cancel the transaction. Is this correct? Thanks for your help!

P.S. By the way the "fantastic dinner" they offered at the meeting was cold pizza from Dominos

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok first of all, I know this was not a good idea in retrospect. My parents and I went to a "timeshare information" meeting on 06/15/2017 where we agreed to transfer our timeshare ownership to RCI platinum points via Florida Vacation Villas Club using Allied Solutions Group in hopes of decreasing maintenance fees....My interpretation is that we do not have a valid agreement and can cancel the transaction. Is this correct? Thanks for your help!

If it was in Florida, then you have passed your 10-day rescission period. You can try to rescind. It wouldn't hurt to follow the directions given.

If I am reading correctly, you have not paid any money yet so do not pay any. If you have paid, then try disputing it with your credit card company.

The one thing we do not recommend is contacting a legal firm that claim, for an upfront fee, that it can somehow cancel your contract.

DrMuj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Correct, we haven't paid any money.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
First of all, you can't transfer a TS to RCI. No one "owns" anything in RCI. RCI is a voluntary exchange service for those who own a TS unit. RCI memberships can be in "weeks" or "points" depending on the TS you own. So, either you still own your TS and paid to convert your RCI membership from weeks to points, prolly for an absurd amount of $$ -- if your resort allows that -- or maybe you gave away your TS and bought something else entirely.

Regardless, tell them you want to cancel your contract. I'd also show your paperwork to an attorney who specializes in real property law and knows something about TS's for a low initial "consult" fee. Do not pay thousands upfront to anybody claims they can cancel your contract.

Last edited:

DrMuj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you. Since they want us to sign a new, corrected contract which we haven't do they even have anything. The blank paperwork that they want us to sign is exactly like the first one with some changes that they need to "record" while we're signing it. How would I find a legit attorney?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
sounds like perhaps you just signed up for this "company" to do something for you...vs actually done anything related to your deed or ownership at the resort.

if they havent collected payment and are asking you to sign more things, id inform them you changed your mind and do not wish to move forward using their services.