• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

is it too hot and humid at Massanutten in July

davenlib

TUG Member
Reaction score
we are booked into Massnutten July 4 2009. we are coming from Southern California. Is it going to be unbearably hot and humid during that time and should we cancel and go a different time of year. we want to be comfortable. We will have two kids with us ages 14 and 11. please help....:shrug:

cinamongirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just returned from a week in July at Massanutten. The weather was beautiful - hot every day but I did not find the humidity to be overwhelming. Also, the AC in the units worked magnificiently & kept the townhouse pleasantly cool.

caribbean

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Don't know what you consider to be comfortable. Average highs in mid to upper 80s, but don't count out the possibility of 95. VA is always humid in summer, often in the 80-90% range, but not as high in Harrisonburg as it is when you get closer to the coast.

Last edited:

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Its can be a bit humid but the weather is bearable and there should be plenty to do inside, outside and in the water. Its usually about 80-95 degrees.

jwq387

TUG Member
Reaction score
hot and humid in july at massanutten

Don't know what you consider to be comfortable. Average highs in mid to upper 80s, but don't count out the possibility of 95. VA is always humid in summer, often in the 80-90% range, but not as high in Harrisonburg as it is when you get closer to the coast.

I know it FEELS a lot more humid throughout Virginia in July-August. However, I just checked the National Weather Service Climate records for these two months throughout VA. 80-90% humidities occur between 11pm-5am, that is late at night, and early in the am. Humidities between 11am and 5pm- average between 42-58%. This is a common misconception about relative humidity. Still very hot.

Ann-Marie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Summit @ Massunetten, Sheraton Desert Oasis
We were there 7/18-25. It was hot, but not all that humid. I would do it again in a heartbeat!!

anne1125

TUG Member
Reaction score
We did 4th of July week this year at Massanutten and the weather was great. It's the mountains so it is nothing like Williamsurg, Va which is horribly humid in July.

Go and enjoy.

Anne

Ann-Marie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Summit @ Massunetten, Sheraton Desert Oasis
Anne, is the July 4th fest as big of a deal as they make it sound? I have 4 units reserved for 2010, and am trying to decide wether to use them or trade them. We would not be there with any young children. Probably all adults.