• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is it possible to sell bundled timeshares?

MisaccTss

TUG Member
Reaction score
We bought a timeshare at Massanutten some years ago. Then a couple of years later we bought at Wyndham at Waikiki Beach Walk (Biennial). As part of the Wyndham deal the Massanutten contract was cancelled but we're on the hook to pay the annual maintenance fee still. Since the combined fees for both were and still are reasonable, we agreed. Now we're at a point where the timeshare no longer serves our needs and want to sell or cancel both contracts. What's our best option, given that we have two contracts tied together?

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
It doesn't sound to me like the Massanutten contract was cancelled at all. If you're still paying for it, it sounds like you still own it. Not sure how that worked, but it sounds to me like you were taken advantage of.

Most timeshares have underlying deeds that are recorded in the location where that timeshare exists. So you probably have two separate ownerships. They are separate things. Unless I don't fully understand what you're asking, I'd think you'd have to sell them separately.

Dave

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
It doesn't sound to me like the Massanutten contract was cancelled at all. If you're still paying for it, it sounds like you still own it. Not sure how that worked, but it sounds to me like you were taken advantage of.

Most timeshares have underlying deeds that are recorded in the location where that timeshare exists. So you probably have two separate ownerships. They are separate things. Unless I don't fully understand what you're asking, I'd think you'd have to sell them separately.

Dave

Yeah I agree. It sounds like you have two separate ownerships.

If you’re still getting a maintenance fee bill directly from Massanutten (business as usual) then you’re still the owner of record and nothing changed with that original ownership.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wydham probably lowered their sale price to you by claiming they gave you credits for your Massanutten. You still own both timeshare and they are in no way linked to one another. You will have to get sell or give them away separately. It is unlikely a new owner wants both at the same time.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Even if you had set up the Massanutten week as a PIC Plus week with Wyndham, giving you the option of using it to get more Wyndham points, it would not have changed your underlying ownership of that week, which is not managed or otherwise related to Wyndham. The sole relationship between Massanutten and Wyndham is through RCI. You will need to sell or give them away separately; the PIC Plus arrangement, if it exists, wouldn't be transferable as a bundle in my opinion.

MisaccTss

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all your responses. I hate to admit this, but I do think we were duped. I logged into my Massanutten account today and it does say that the contract is cancelled, but we're still on the hook for payments. It's an amount that's over $200 and rising. The timeshare is worthless. Don't know if we can dump our Wyndham timeshare because of the link to Massanutten. I tested to see if I can make a reservation for Massanutten, and I couldn't.

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
That sounds very strange and might bear looking into. If it were me, I would contact Massanutten to find out the status of the week I owned there. Massanutten doesn't really sell "contracts" for weeks, instead they sell deeded weeks that you own in some form and are obligated to pay maintenance costs and property taxes on. Sounds really fishy to me. It also seems odd that you owe $200 and rising. In any case, you wouldn't be able to reserve there with an unpaid MF due.

MisaccTss

TUG Member
Reaction score
That sounds very strange and might bear looking into. If it were me, I would contact Massanutten to find out the status of the week I owned there. Massanutten doesn't really sell "contracts" for weeks, instead they sell deeded weeks that you own in some form and are obligated to pay maintenance costs and property taxes on. Sounds really fishy to me. It also seems odd that you owe $200 and rising. In any case, you wouldn't be able to reserve there with an unpaid MF due.

Thanks a lot. I'll call Massanutten tomorrow. We haven't missed a single payment yet, and we haven't utilized this timeshare even once!

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Thanks for all your responses. I hate to admit this, but I do think we were duped. I logged into my Massanutten account today and it does say that the contract is cancelled, but we're still on the hook for payments. It's an amount that's over $200 and rising. The timeshare is worthless. Don't know if we can dump our Wyndham timeshare because of the link to Massanutten. I tested to see if I can make a reservation for Massanutten, and I couldn't.

Hmm...
What type of payment is it? A monthly loan payment? Monthly or annual maintenance fee payment? And who does the payment go to Massanutten or Wyndham?

MisaccTss

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmm...
What type of payment is it? A monthly loan payment? Monthly or annual maintenance fee payment? And who does the payment go to Massanutten or Wyndham?

Payment is the annual maintenance fee. We pay it to Massanutten. There is no debt on the timeshares.

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Every year? It sounds fishy... $200 won't get you a timeshare... Contract cancelled and you have to pay for what?
Sounds like a triennial ownership... that's what I have at Massanutten and the fees are now approx $200/year.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Back to your initial question; you may be able to use Wyndham’s Ovation program to give them back the Waikiki Beach Walk ownership if it’s paid off. I’m not sure if Massanutten takes deedbacks. Or you could try to give them away here; read the sticky note on the subject at https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...-your-timeshare-and-avoid-getting-scammed.44/ first. In any case, you’ll need to figure out the details of what you own first.

MisaccTss

TUG Member
Reaction score
You folks have been amazing. Thank you all so much!

I got in touch with Ovation Wyndham and they've agreed to take our Waikiki Beach Walk timeshare back. I also phoned Massanutten and as you all indicated, we are still the legal owners of this timeshare...triennial. They don't take back deeds, so I want to give it away. If I want to list it on Tugbbs, do I need a paid membership? There's no debt outstanding and our annual fees are up to date. Apparently we have a week coming up next year! Wow...the things you find out when you stop being complacent or stupid. :(

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Wow...the things you find out when you stop being complacent or stupid. :(

Don't feel bad about this. You are not alone. Many people are given impressions that things are a certain way, when they're not. The golden rule in timesharing is "If a salespersons lips are moving, they're lying." They can and do say anything to make a sale. It's all about their commission. At least you now know exactly what is what. That's a good thing.

The other good news is you now have only one timeshare to pass along to a new owner. It's a process to sell a timeshare, and you're in a good place to do that. Start by asking Massanutten to send you an Estoppel about your ownership. That's a fact sheet letter that describes what you own, so you can provide that information to a potential new owner. It will contain things like what week you can reserve, or whether it's a floating week, (meaning you can reserve any week within a certain range of weeks, or even any week of the year.) it will tell you the unit size you own (how many bedrooms), maintenance fees you're paying, whether there are any Special Assessments or taxes due, and any other pertinent information about things. A new owner will want to know that information.

Once you know exactly what you have to sell, there are several places on Tug to do that. Start by looking at the top of this Forum for a Sticky titled "How to Sell Your Timeshare." That will get you started.

Good luck!
Dave

Last edited:

MisaccTss

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't feel bad about this. You are not alone. Many people are given impressions that things are a certain way, when they're not. The golden rule in timesharing is "If a salespersons lips are moving, they're lying." They can and do say anything to make a sale. It's all about their commission. At least you now know exactly what is what. That's a good thing.

The other good news is you now have only one timeshare to pass along to a new owner. It's a process to sell a timeshare, and you're in a good place to do that. Start by asking Massanutten to send you an Estoppel about your ownership. That's a fact sheet letter that describes what you own, so you can provide that information to a potential new owner. It will contain things like what week you can reserve, or whether it's a floating week, (meaning you can reserve any week within a certain range of weeks, or even any week of the year.) it will tell you the unit size you own (how many bedrooms), maintenance fees you're paying, whether there are any Special Assessments or taxes due, and any other pertinent information about things. A new owner will want to know that information.

Once you know exactly what you have to sell, there are several places on Tug to do that. Start by looking at the top of this Forum for a Sticky titled "How to Sell Your Timeshare." That will get you started.

Good luck!
Dave

Thanks, Dave, will read up on the information posted. I actually have two timeshares I need to sell. I have another one at Grandview Vegas. This one has never been a problem. It's just that we don't want to deal with timeshares anymore.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are giving it away for free you can post in the bargain bin section without a paid membership.

If you are trying to sell in the Marketplace then I believe a membership is required.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
A tip for the fastest way to give away a timeshare: Make the offer enticing to a buyer. By that, I mean you should agree that you will pay the transfer costs, or include a reserved week at the resort they can use. I think you said your Massanutten could be reserved next year. Prepay that year's maintenance fee, and include that week's use in the deal. The new owner won't have to pay out of pocket to take over the ownership, and the bonus is they get a week's use for free. Something like that. There are plenty of timeshares available for sale or for free, so you need to make your deal a better option for the new owner.

As to the paperwork, there is a transfer company called LT Transfers. They are Tug members, and are very highly regarded. I have used them several times, and I'll use them again, when I need their services. They are very professional and fast in what they do. They will handle the paperwork processing for the transfer for you, for very low cost. I think to do a transfer in either Virginia or Nevada they only charge $150 in each case. Their website is http://www.lttransfers.com.

Dave

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I have had lots of success finding new homes for my timeshares.

If you are planning on gifting them like I did, I used Tug Bargain section and listed them in the tug marketplace. I used LT Transfers as the closing company, was very happy with them.

MisaccTss

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are giving it away for free you can post in the bargain bin section without a paid membership.

If you are trying to sell in the Marketplace then I believe a membership is required.

I can't seem to find the bargain bin section you're referring to. I'm planning to give my Massanutten timeshare away and throw in the closing costs too.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I can't seem to find the bargain bin section you're referring to. I'm planning to give my Massanutten timeshare away and throw in the closing costs too.

There is a subforum in this same Buying, Selling, Renting forum called Bargain Deals. Don't post your ad till you have details I mentioned. It'll save you a lot of hassle.

Dave

Last edited: