• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is it hard to get reservations at HGVC Waikoloa?

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
I was thinking of using my sister's HGVC Bay Club 7000 points for Waikoloa. We would need a 2 bedroom unit. Is space only available there at 9 months out? Is Easter week (April 11-18) an impossible week to get, possibly a partial week during that time? I have a week on Maui starting April 18 and was thinking about adding another island for the week before if I can get reasonable airfare.

Not sure why I am not planning out 12 months in advance like I usually do....:shrug: , but I've been unmotivated in planning anything for 2009.

My other option would be to go in November 2009 for the week before Thanksgiving. Is 5 nights not enough time at Waikoloa with two kids? 7 nights better?

Oh, and my sister hasn't paid her 09 dues yet, so can't search ahead for me past December 2008....:(

Bill4728

Reaction score
Per HGVC rules, you can only reserve at a different resort than you own at 9 months or less from travel. So if you want to travel in April you should try an reserve ASAP.

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Per HGVC rules, you can only reserve at a different resort than you own at 9 months or less from travel. So if you want to travel in April you should try an reserve ASAP.

Thanks, Bill. Since it is already 6 months out, I was wondering if it would already be sold out. I will have to call my sister and pay the dues for her so that I can search. But before I do that, I thought I would gauge how impossible or possible this late booking would be, just in case anyone would know offhand.

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh, and my sister hasn't paid her 09 dues yet, so can't search ahead for me past December 2008....:(

Depending on where your sister owns she may not be able to search on line right now. However, she still should be able to call and find out about availability.

I see and 8400 2bdrm plus for 4/11-18.

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for checking! I'll have her call and check availability, then. I can only use her 7000 points...I don't think she wants to borrow 2010 points for me.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
or you will have to consider less than a full week. Weeks at the new resorts are higher than the standard points required for the Bay Club.

Your points do not go that far.

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
or you will have to consider less than a full week. Weeks at the new resorts are higher than the standard points required for the Bay Club.

Your points do not go that far.

That is true and you are correct. ....but getting a Bay Club unit will be easier than Waikoloa, especially during a holiday.

short

TUG Member
Reaction score
I see several Bay club 2 br units for the dates you are looking for but you should have her pay her dues and book as soon as possible.

Short

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi, thanks everyone! My sister called and checked availability, and my dates are available so far....

So questions...is this a great resort for kids, ages 7 & 10? Is there a beach? Is there a charge for parking? How close/far is the nearest grocery store?

We would either do the full week (April 11-18) or a partial week (April 14-18) in a 2 bedroom. The other option is just to stay the whole time on Maui (we will be on Maui April 18-25). I am not thrilled about island hopping, but how else will I see these great resorts :D ?!? Is Waikoloa the best? Is it a non-smoking resort?

Thank for the help :hi: . We are Maui veterans and newbies to the rest of the Hawaiian Islands, having been to Kauai, Lanai just once, Hawaii and Oahu twice.

HatTrick

Reaction score
Hi Denise,

Non-smoking, no charge for parking. Waikoloa Village Market is only 10 minutes away. HGVC is not on the beach, but the Hilton and Marriott hotels are on the beach, and there's a small beach park nearby.

Roger