• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is it best buying Disney resale?

luvsvacation22

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Grand Californian-VGC
Animal Kingdom-AKV
I live in California and I have heard about the new timeshares at or next to the Grand Californian. My understanding is they are not selling these timeshares now but are selling DVC timeshares in Orlando, then when the Grand Californian timeshares are available you can add on. For all you wonderful Tug members out there is... Is it best to buy resale as is the case of most timeshares ( except for the ongoing Marriott debate) or buy direct?

What are benefits from buying direct or resale? Is this a good time to buy Disney considering the posts about Disney losing value in the future? I will appreciate any and all advice you are willing to send my way! Thanks!

Dorene

S

Steamboat Bill

Complicated question, but resale owners are treated exactly the same or non-resale owners.

Best advise is to buy at the exact DVC location you want to stay at and if that is California, then you need to buy direct from Disney.

You may want to buy a small 25-50 point contract now resale as it (may) give you an early jump on the California property as I assume it will sell-out very fast.

luvsvacation22

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Animal Kingdom-AKV
Great Thank you! Where is the best place to buy resale?

luvsvacation22

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Animal Kingdom-AKV
What I mean is resale company?

luvsvacation22

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Animal Kingdom-AKV
Thank you Steamboat Bill! :)

Jpollo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai
60 Day Priority on VGC

According to DVC, the earliest purchase priority is being offered to all owners who made their initial purchase through a California-based sales Guide.

Not sure if there will be a "phase II" priority period for current DVC members who previously bought resale.

Jason

luvsvacation22

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Animal Kingdom-AKV
Thank you! We have decided to buy direct through DVC California. We will probably sign papers this week, just waiting to see what will happen with this recent financial crisis we are having in the US and globally.
Dorene

Jpollo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai
Luvsvacation22, where are you purchasing, and are you considering Grand Californian when it becomes available?

I'm hoping to purchase at GC and have been researching it a bit. I'd consider buying into DVC in order to to buy during the priority period, but right now I'd have to buy from direct (which I may do... still gathering info).

jason

luvsvacation22

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Animal Kingdom-AKV
Luvsvacation22, where are you purchasing, and are you considering Grand Californian when it becomes available?

I'm hoping to purchase at GC and have been researching it a bit. I'd consider buying into DVC in order to to buy during the priority period, but right now I'd have to buy from direct (which I may do... still gathering info).

jason

Jason,
I will IM you the details! Thanks!