• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is Hyatt exercising ROFR on new purchases?

boraxo

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra, Villa Resorts (Mexico)
8K for EOY August 2 bedroom. Also paid for this year's assessments (since I'm using it this year) and closing costs.
Purchase price $8,000.00. 2021 Maintenance: $3003.58. Club Dues $157/year. Closing costs: $1.7K ($950.00 w/ title insurance, resort transfer $650.00, and admin. $99). 2-bedroom oceanfront, middle-floors, 5-8. I'm told that we just closed (mid July).
So, it sounds like I got a much better deal than the members were offered at the sales presentation. It's my first timeshare, so I don't know. I plan to use it, not trade it, so I see it as breaking even and having a washer/dryer. I bought through Red Week.

That's a tremendous deal compared to direct sale pricing! Is that $3k annual maintenance or just paid EOY? If for some reason you don't use it you can easily rent it and probably make back your purchase price in a couple of years. Alas our schools start August 10 now, so August doesn't work for us. Plus my wife won't stay in Kaanapali anymore :)

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
8K for EOY August 2 bedroom. Also paid for this year's assessments (since I'm using it this year) and closing costs.
Purchase price $8,000.00. 2021 Maintenance: $3003.58. Club Dues $157/year. Closing costs: $1.7K ($950.00 w/ title insurance, resort transfer $650.00, and admin. $99). 2-bedroom oceanfront, middle-floors, 5-8. I'm told that we just closed (mid July).
So, it sounds like I got a much better deal than the members were offered at the sales presentation. It's my first timeshare, so I don't know. I plan to use it, not trade it, so I see it as breaking even and having a washer/dryer. I bought through Red Week.
Wow!!! That is Fabulous! Congratulations! Where did you find this?

Citygal

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Hawaii
That's a tremendous deal compared to direct sale pricing! Is that $3k annual maintenance or just paid EOY? If for some reason you don't use it you can easily rent it and probably make back your purchase price in a couple of years. Alas our schools start August 10 now, so August doesn't work for us. Plus my wife won't stay in Kaanapali anymore :)
3K EOY. Thanks for the positive feedback. I live in Chicago so EOY should work. There is a nonstop to Maui on United. Yes, my daughter is going into HS so I'm taking a chance on the week (depends which college right? :)).
But, with all the other stuff, it was really more like 12.5K. Closing costs and this year's assessment (since I'm using it this year).

Citygal

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Hawaii
Why won't your wife stay in Kaanapali anymore? Nothing bad I hope.

gratiem

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Ka'anapali, Hyatt Highlands, Riviera Beach & Spa
RedWeek but asking was 30K I think.

Nicely done! I've pinged a few people via RedWeek for HKB weeks, and ultimately settled for more almost 3x what you paid for an EOY 2BR. It was the right week for me but the price was difficult.

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score

You got a good deal. Congratulations!

Bill4728

Reaction score
We just cleared ROFR on an EOY Carmel ocean view for $1650 Unfortunately, After waiting 4 weeks for the current owners to sign off on the deed, the closing company said they were told that the current owners would be able to sign anytime soon and cancelled the deal.

boraxo

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra, Villa Resorts (Mexico)
Just passed ROFR on a Hyatt High Sierra week.
I'm happy for you but that's not particularly useful without knowing the level. Above Gold?

Why won't your wife stay in Kaanapali anymore? Nothing bad I hope.

She's become a bit of a snob and doesn't appreciate the mass market crowd that stay at the hotels and crowd the elite lounges. They overcrowd the pool area to the point it is difficult to get a chair and then make a lot of noise at the pool (I'm talking about the adults not the children) blasting their music. Apparently I've spoiled her because she only wants to stay in Wailea now at the Four Season, Andaz, Grand Wailea, etc. :)

To be fair I've always found the timeshares in Kaanapali to be preferable to the hotels, we never had any problems at the Marriott or Hyatt timeshare pools (haven't stayed at Westin timeshares yet). But Wailea is definitely more upscale

SunandFun83

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Canyon Villas, Grande Vista, Ocean Pointe
Hyatt: Coconut Plantation, Hyatt Pinion Point
It would be great to know purchase prices and ROFR for Hyatt weeks. Kal has a database and a way to report sales. Please report your sales to share prices with all owners.

Kal has been so good about sharing information.