• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is HICV taking longer than usual to transfer ownership?

josegm888

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndam Grand Desert; Bonnet Creek
Hi,

Does someone know how long it takes (approx.) for HICV to transfer ownership? Deed was sent to title department on 26Feb and still waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach Myrtle Beach
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
HICV Orange Lake Kissemee
3 to 6 months it seams

Happytravels

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are down to three!!
We started a deed back in Sept. 2020 and still waiting on the release.

josegm888

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We started a deed back in Sept. 2020 and still waiting on the release.

Jeez. That’s absurd. How hard is it for them to do their job efficiently. I honestly don’t get it. If other resorts can get it done in a couple of months there’s no valid reason for it to take that long.

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach Myrtle Beach
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
HICV Orange Lake Kissemee
Honestly they really don’t care how long it takes, MF’s have to be paid and they make nothing on this.
Priority is anything else going on at the time.
It’s all paperwork done online so the “Covid “ excuse is BS

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark
I started my sale in October. Deed was sent March 4th. Still waiting. Its a little absurd.

Rdub79

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holliday Inn Club Vacations
I started my sale in October. Deed was sent March 4th. Still waiting. Its a little absurd.
Yes that is a little absurd. I bought a deed in mid January and it took about three months to show up online in my account. I wonder if the transfer/closing company matters?

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you join the HICV owners facebook page you can get a direct connection to "Marjorie C Counselor". I think its a direct line to owner services. "She" will usually get back to you within a few hours. I just got an update there yesterday. The deed has been transferred and my account has gone to cancelations. She said it was a mater of days now.

josegm888

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you join the HICV owners facebook page you can get a direct connection to "Marjorie C Counselor". I think its a direct line to owner services. "She" will usually get back to you within a few hours. I just got an update there yesterday. The deed has been transferred and my account has gone to cancelations. She said it was a mater of days now.

Thank you!

Happytravels

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are down to three!!
We tried to get in this group to get some action. They will not let us in because we never converted to THEIR points system. So here we are still waiting. They keep calling for mf's I told them to talk to your HORIZON dept. It's been with them since Sept. 2020. When we surrendered the deed we had to pay out the rest of the year which we did, they told us we were not responsible for mf's after that.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ok, This was just closed out. Check is being sent via UPS. Took nearly 7 months.

josegm888

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

This advice worked like a charm. Transfer occurred probably a week after I spoke to Marjorie. Thanks! As a note, whenever a seller tells you they have previous year points saved up and ready to transfer don’t count on those points. As per a HICV counselor and my recent experience, seller had over 70k 2020 points in the account and because it was a resale contract and I’m not a family member those point did not transfer. Only points in current year did. Not sure if someone has had a different experience but unfortunately that was my case.

Bmatrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Elite
This advice worked like a charm. Transfer occurred probably a week after I spoke to Marjorie. Thanks! As a note, whenever a seller tells you they have previous year points saved up and ready to transfer don’t count on those points. As per a HICV counselor and my recent experience, seller had over 70k 2020 points in the account and because it was a resale contract and I’m not a family member those point did not transfer. Only points in current year did. Not sure if someone has had a different experience but unfortunately that was my case.

which resort did you buy for?