• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is Grande Ocean Sales office open?

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
If so, has anybody been for a presentation?

Are there still offers to enroll a pre-June 2010 week with the purchase of a week's vacation?

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
I believe they moved in to the new sales office 2 weeks ago. I haven't been there yet but talked to a sales manager who said it is great there. If you want the contact info for the sales manager send me a PM.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
If so, has anybody been for a presentation?

Are there still offers to enroll a pre-June 2010 week with the purchase of a week's vacation?

There have been Encore Packages offered that allow you to enroll pre-June 2010 weeks. Usually you have to suffer through a sale presentation to be offered these. They don't usually or require a weeks vacation. I don't think they are offering these for the first time in the door. It is offered on the back end of the presentation to get you to come back.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Sales Office across from Grande Ocean has been open about 3 weeks. We attended a presentation during that time. It's very nice but it's a high-crime area. ;)

I would also suggest suffering through the presentation and then buying the Encore Package, IF AND ONLY IF it includes the waiver of the enrollment fee.

Otherwise I see Encore Packages as exorbitant in cost---we can usually get back into "whatever" resort for a full week (not the 3-4-5 nights of the pkg) and for LESS that what they charge. I've NEVER viewed it as a"deal", but I would if it included the fee.

Bottom line, enroll pre-2010 weeks via Encore purchase and then RENT your points. Never a deal to buy points but people still do....it's a mystery to me. You need at least 4500 points to do anything worthwhile with them, and that's about $54,000+.

$54,000 might book a high season week at a nice resort, but only a week. It will NOT book a VERY high season week in Hawaii or in Park City or Summer Oceanfront Hilton Head, or some others. Would you REALLY want to pay that price for one annual week, plus pay the annual maintenance fee? I cannot imagine.

A lot of folks buy a minimum 1000-1500 points and then realize they can't book squat with them. Check the DC points charts for points required for resorts/seasons and SEE what it takes to book a decent week, or a series of nights, whatever moves you, and you'll be shocked. There's a legitimate reason the reps hate and ridicule TUG. TUG educates and enriches in a real way.

Last edited:

Finntastic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sales Office across from Grande Ocean has been open about 3 weeks. We attended a presentation during that time. It's very nice but it's a high-crime area. ;)

I would also suggest suffering through the presentation and then buying the Encore Package, IF AND ONLY IF it includes the waiver of the enrollment fee.

Otherwise I see Encore Packages as exorbitant in cost---we can usually get back into "whatever" resort for a full week (not the 3-4-5 nights of the pkg) and for LESS that what they charge. I've NEVER viewed it as a"deal", but I would if it included the fee.

Bottom line, enroll pre-2010 weeks via Encore purchase and then RENT your points. Never a deal to buy points but people still do....it's a mystery to me. You need at least 4500 points to do anything worthwhile with them, and that's about $54,000+.

Does Hilton Head Island have a lot of crime? My 1500 points is getting me a three bedroom villa (1250 points) on Canadian march break. All a matter of perspective. Rain of shine there ain't no snow! I'll take it! Sooooo tired of snow. :cheer:

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Does Hilton Head Island have a lot of crime? My 1500 points is getting me a three bedroom villa (1250 points) on Canadian march break. All a matter of perspective. Rain of shine there ain't no snow! I'll take it! Sooooo tired of snow. :cheer:

I was alluding to the fact that Hilton Head has a lot of "crime" around the 'beautiful' new SALES OFFICE. Highway robbery, if you will. You'll just have to think about that statement for a while, I guess.

Glad you're happy, though, really, and I begrudge no one.

Yes, there are good stays for your 1500 points, but the way you did it was quite expensive. For the 1200 points required on that stay you're touting, I could have done stay that for $625....that's my point.

Not exactly how I'd like to spend $18,000+ plus annual maintenance fees. Like I said, some continue to do it.

Finntastic

TUG Member
Reaction score
I get the joke now! Yes I absolutely agree with you that our 1500 points was obtained in a very expensive way that we would never do again. Fortunately for us we only plan to travel in the off seasons. Hilton head in March, Branson in late August (school here starts after Labor Day). Making the best of a dumb purchase. Anything after this. RESALE!!