• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is DEX A Last Resort?

hvsteve1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
While I see posters opining DEX is a lousy deal for points owners like me, I have 12,500 points expiring this year. Am I correct in assuming dumping them into DEX is the only way to keep them from evaporating into the ether assuming I have no travel plans in the next year to use them in II?

cindyc

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Kohala Suites, HGVC - Boulevard, HGV - Sedona Summit (deeded weeks), Sheraton Desert Oasis
I think October 31 is the last day to roll points into 2021. But, you can only roll 25% at this point in time.

I do think DEx is an option or -- and definitely check this with more expert people-- maybe RCI.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

hvsteve1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think October 31 is the last day to roll points into 2021. But, you can only roll 25% at this point in time.

I do think DEx is an option or -- and definitely check this with more expert people-- maybe RCI.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
The points in question were already rolled from previous years and will expire.

awa

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think that's true. That's what the platinum customer service agent told me on the phone about the points we can't use.

csalter2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Diamond Resorts Gold
While I see posters opining DEX is a lousy deal for points owners like me, I have 12,500 points expiring this year. Am I correct in assuming dumping them into DEX is the only way to keep them from evaporating into the ether assuming I have no travel plans in the next year to use them in II?

I am not a DEX fan at all, but in your case which is a use’em or lose’em scenario, DEX is the best alternative.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
DEX will not be anything we'll have to deal with. Checked in at Carlsbad Village Inn today and while Cliff napped I applied for Transitions for our last two (of originally five) contracts. Can't wait to be rid of Diamond, and can't wait to move to Carlsbad permanently, hopefully next year.

clipper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You may also use it to reserve something in II and pay for e-plus to exchange it for something else later.

Kauaigal

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamond Resorts International
I may be in the wrong section, but desperately need advice on how to cancel our DRI membership. We have over 11000 points that need to be used by 12/31/2020. Had heard that DRI will consider cancellation for a fee. If that is true, I know they said that we need to be paid up on our maintenance fees (2020 yes) and that any points not used would be lost. I would truly appreciate anyone’s input. We are seniors and not planning to travel in the near future. Thank you for any help. Kauaigal

csalter2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Diamond Resorts Gold
I may be in the wrong section, but desperately need advice on how to cancel our DRI membership. We have over 11000 points that need to be used by 12/31/2020. Had heard that DRI will consider cancellation for a fee. If that is true, I know they said that we need to be paid up on our maintenance fees (2020 yes) and that any points not used would be lost. I would truly appreciate anyone’s input. We are seniors and not planning to travel in the near future. Thank you for any help. Kauaigal

If you’re from the US, Diamond has its Transitions program, which for $1000 per contract you can return you Ownership. However, you can have no future reservations on the books, owe no maintenance fees or outstanding bills or loans on the ownership. In addition, it must have been bought from the developer, as in Diamond. It cannot have been bought from another or third party. If you go on the Diamond website, after you’ve logged in, on the left side of the screen you will see, My Accounts and click on it, then click on to Profile Settings. You will see the link that says, Transitions and click on it. It will show you the contracts you have that are eligible for the Transitions program.