• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is Club Wyndham a scam?

woodstock2816

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
I just purchased a club wyndham membership. I am nervous that it is a scam. Does anyone have input?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I just purchased a club wyndham membership. I am nervous that it is a scam. Does anyone have input?
How much did you pay? When did you buy? Can you still rescind?? If you can rescind, rescind and buy resale!

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Welcome to TUG! No Wyndham is not a scam. Wyndham is one of the largest timeshare companies in the world. That said - here on TUG - we always recommend not purchasing from the developer and buying on the resale market for pennies on the dollar since the vast majority of timeshare contracts are not worth anywhere close to what the developers charge when purchased on the resale market.

How long ago did you purchase? If you literally just purchased within the past few days you can likely rescind your developer purchase - it depends on the state in which you actually made the purchase as state laws vary for the cooling off period for timeshare purchases from as high as 15 days on down to three days. RESCIND NOW if you can - then we can help you to determine if timesharing is or is not a good match for your vacation preferences/styles once that initial step has been taken.

I'm a Wyndham timeshare VIP owner myself - and we love our Wyndham timeshare - but it's not for everyone at the same time. Let's deal with your rescission first - whether you can still rescind or not - and then we'll go from there.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Scam? No.
Did you overpay? ABSOLUTELY, YES!

When did you purchase and in what state? You may still be able to rescind and save yourself thousands of dollars!

R1964

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Holiday Club
Not a scam but if you just purchased rescind and look at resales they are pennies on the dollar to sometimes free.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Scam? No.
Did you overpay? ABSOLUTELY, YES!

When did you purchase and in what state? You may still be able to rescind and save yourself thousands of dollars!
I want to add that timeshares and vacation clubs like wyndham work well for some but not for everyone's travel needs. So it certainly may not work 100% like described and you should probably rescind and do some research before getting into something that you aren't sure about and don't understand.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
You need to rescind as soon as possible. Do not overpay. It's as simple as that. Buy resale.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you provide more details about this purchase such as how much you paid? How much have you already put down? Is it a timeshare with actual deeded property or is it a travel club membership?

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
@woodstock2816 we hope you are well. mind sharing how much you'd save with rescission? As half of tuggers initially bought developer TS, there is no shaming.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
@woodstock2816 we hope you are well. mind sharing how much you'd save with rescission? As half of tuggers initially bought developer TS, there is no shaming.