• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is closing company ligit?

Carter611

Reaction score
Contacted by Exclusive-Property Management of 251 Kearny St, San Francisco, CA 94104 with purchase offer for my property. 6% closing fee paid after closing and check has cleared. They claim to be a closing company. Has anyone had contact or done business with these guys. They have a real physical address

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Warning - Proceed With Caution!!!

Contacted by Exclusive-Property Management of 251 Kearny St, San Francisco, CA 94104 with purchase offer for my property. 6% closing fee paid after closing and check has cleared. They claim to be a closing company. Has anyone had contact or done business with these guys. They have a real physical address

Just a quick Google search reveals:

(1) Website created 12/24/11
(2) Phone number is a Voice over Internet number

Even though the address they list may be real, most, if not all scammers, are NOT at the address they list. They use an address to make themselves appear legit but are likely working from some boiler room in another state or country. The fact that they say there is no upfront fee doesn't mean anything. The scammers will spring on you a "fee" or "tax" that must be paid before they can send you your big check. Once they have that, you won't hear from them again.

These scammers are seen time and time again. Many simply close shop when the heat is on and start a "new" company. Since they contacted YOU with an offer to purchase, likely at a price that is too good to be true, this in itself is a HUGE RED FLAG. Combine that with the fact that they just popped up in this world, their website has spelling errors, they have testimonials from October when they didn't even exist, and that this CLOSING company is cold calling timeshare owners would lead me to believe that they are out to SCAM you out of your hard earned money.

Last edited:

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tell them you'd proceed but only if you choose the closing agent.. They will say no because the offer is a scam! Report them to the Attorney General in California as well as the state where your resort is located and the state where you live. You can find a list of all the US Attorneys General at http://naag.org

Carter611

Reaction score
Scam closing company

Just a quick Google search reveals:

(1) Website created 12/24/11
(2) Phone number is a Voice over Internet number

Even though the address they list may be real, most, if not all scammers, are NOT at the address they list. They use an address to make themselves appear legit but are likely working from some boiler room in another state or country. The fact that they say there is no upfront fee doesn't mean anything. The scammers will spring on you a "fee" or "tax" that must be paid before they can send you your big check. Once they have that, you won't hear from them again.

These scammers are seen time and time again. Many simply close shop when the heat is on and start a "new" company. Since they contacted YOU with an offer to purchase, likely at a price that is too good to be true, this in itself is a HUGE RED FLAG. Combine that with the fact that they just popped up in this world, their website has spelling errors, they have testimonials from October when they didn't even exist, and that this CLOSING company is cold calling timeshare owners would lead me to believe that they are out to SCAM you out of your hard earned money.

Thanks for info. -- that's what I thought too. May ask to pick my own Closing Co.. How did you know the number was a voice over internet number? " Iam so-000 green" Thanks again