• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is Bloomberg Holdings Enterprises in Playa a "SCAM ???"

xzwpq6

Reaction score
Hope one of You knowledgeable X-Perts may be able to help Me out .....

We are presently Owners of two(2) Weeks @ The Royal Sands.
On Nov. 10th., My Wife & I attended a Timeshare Presentation orchestrated by
Bloomberg Holdings Investments wherein We were taxied to 5th. Avenue in
Playa Del Carmen; Taken to a Nice Breakfast & then listened to a 90-Minute
Presentation. For this, We were promised two(2)bottles of Tequila & $250.
Specifically what We were interested in was trying to eliminate some of Our Maintenance Fees by selling to "Bloomberg" Our Lawrence Welk Week in Escondido,CA & a Second Week @ The Royal Hasciendas in Playa Del Carmen.
The Sales People showed Us how They could do This for Us. What They would
do would be to give Us (what I felt were) very exorbitant Price$ for Our Villas. After deducting Their Steep Commissions, We would still "net" nearly $40 000.
that They would put in an Escrow Account that We could with-draw from whenever We needed to. Also, We would get 100-Weeks to draw from 1-3 ~or~ whatever #of weeks We would desire; Select Villas from Their Inventory
& Pay Their supposedly discounted rates with "Zero" Maintenance Fees due. Moreover; We could X-Change two(2) weeks from Our 100-week Bank every January & Bloomberg in turn would Pay Us $3000. to use toward Their Vacation Packages that We select.

Is there anyone within the TUG Membership Universe who has experienced a similar situation that can help address Our Concerns ???

Thankyou & Respectfully Submitted !!! ........... Paul T.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seems to good to be true to begin with, your timeshares are not worth anything close to that. Now, no maintenance fees, I own Vida in Mexico. It has no maintenance fees, you only pay a maintainence fee when you use it, this year $749.00.

Do you have to buy something to get this deal and if so, why did they use the $40,000 from what they gave you for your timeshares? I suspect not. So, how much did they want for this great deal?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
This is the problem:
They would put in an Escrow Account that We could with-draw from whenever We needed to.

My guess is that there is no escrow Acct., and the offer is bogus.

They will send you (fake) Docs showing that $40K has been deposited in a fake escrow Acct., and ask you to pay their commission directly to them.

Once they have the commission, you will never hear from them again.

Last edited:

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Did you sign a contract with them? If so, rescind while you still can. Mexican law gives you five days to rescind a timeshare purchase so don't delay. Follow rescission instructions exactly as stated in your contract (if you can find them).

xzwpq6

Reaction score
Thanx for the "Scoop !!!"

Thankyou for Your Helpful Response.

No, We have not signed any Papers // Contracts ~or~ anything else. Looks like We may just "Walk".

They chose not to pay us Our promised $250.USD until We either sign
"Yes" ~or~ "No".

Thanx Again !!! .............................. Paul // xzwpq6

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Thankyou for Your Helpful Response.

No, We have not signed any Papers // Contracts ~or~ anything else. Looks like We may just "Walk".

They chose not to pay us Our promised $250.USD until We either sign
"Yes" ~or~ "No".

Thanx Again !!! .............................. Paul // xzwpq6
Good for you! That's pretty sleazy of them not to pay you what they promised for sitting through their sales presentation. That's a good indication of what kind of organization you are dealing with.