• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is anyone else planning to go to Maui in the next couple of months?

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Hope everyone has a great time. Don’t fret and go.

Our WKORV 2 trip was excellent - 2 weeks in B2 OFD (Ownership and SOs) and didn’t move around much from our beach spot out front. The reef was fantastic (as always) and calm ocean conditions most of time. Great weather!
We never had dinner out once, but had fantastic grilled meals. (ty Costco and Foodland)

If tourism is down - not apparent at resorts or West Maui. Surprised I had to cancel my rental for 2nd week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD
We will have the same cabana next Saturday. I’ll be watching the LSU game at 6:00 am next Saturday before getting to the cabana around 9:00. I’m going to start a new thread mid-week to remind those TUGgers in the Ka’anapali area.
We’ll try to remember to stop by next Sat.

cherylK

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar
We have a family trip set for next month in Nanea and WKORV, but with Governor Ige asking tourists not to come until at least November, I'm thinking of cancelling our vacation. Again. (Sigh...) We're all vaccinated, but I want to be respectful. I also don't want to spend weeks in lockdown. Is anyone else booked for Sept/Oct? What are you going to do?

We were in the same boat but I made the decision to cancel. I had 176,000 tied up in it. I will probably lose a lot of it. We cancelled last year as well so it must be used by 12/31/21. I work in Covid research. It would be wrong if I went. If the governor is asking you not to come I believe it's the responsible thing to do. What really "stinks" (I'll just say that instead of what I really want to say) is that Vistana should give us some other kind of option since we're being responsible and doing what we were asked to do (specific to Hawaii).

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
We were in the same boat but I made the decision to cancel. I had 176,000 tied up in it. I will probably lose a lot of it. We cancelled last year as well so it must be used by 12/31/21. I work in Covid research. It would be wrong if I went. If the governor is asking you not to come I believe it's the responsible thing to do. What really "stinks" (I'll just say that instead of what I really want to say) is that Vistana should give us some other kind of option since we're being responsible and doing what we were asked to do (specific to Hawaii).

Apparently more people obliged the Governor than he expected. The hotels took a big hit. It appears the timeshares not as much. When we checked in last week we were told Nanea was at 80% occupancy but Ritz-Carlton Kapalua was at only 30% occupancy for the week. Every restaurant we've eaten in the past six days has resulted in us being thanked for coming to Maui. The workers were just getting back on their feet when they were surprised by the Governor's request.

Additionally, Maui implemented additional Covid restrictions for inside dining effective last Wednesday. I think it has been kind of a roller coaster with the hospitality industry in trying to ramp up and then ramp down.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
So why don't you say what 'other kind of option' you think they should give? I'm no Stephen Hawking but I believe for the foreseeable future there will continue to be 7 days in a week, 365(366) days in a year and only X number of units of which most if not all are 'owned' by someone who will be expecting to vacation there in 2022,2023,2024...etc. They can't simply create more availability just because there's a global pandemic and you'd like them to. It's as much out of their control as it is out of yours.

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grand Chateau, Sheraton Desert Oasis,
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
Just got back from Westin Nanea Ocean, they were at about 80% occupancy. There was plenty of space on the beach, good distances between tables at restaurants and almost all did check our vaccination cards and photo ID for indoor seating (reservations were required at many places though, sometimes weeks in advance). I would feel confident to go again (the sooner the better).

gregb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN
We are winding down our annual three week stay at WKORN this Saturday. The place is busy, but not overly crowded. Only two restaurants on site are open, Auntie's Kitchen for breakfast and lunch on the South and Pailolo food truck for lunch and dinner on the North. About 1/2 of the pool chairs have been moved out to the lawn area. Reservations are hard to come by for resturants in town, but if you walk in early or late, you can usually get in, after a wait. Most pool and beach services are available. But with the shortage of servers, pool side service is slow. Our friend Jamie is still providing outrigger canoe rides from the front lawn on weekday mornings. Book him early, as he does fill up.
Greg

RC51Tofuman

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Nanea Studio (no longer owned)
Westin Flex (currently own)
Arrived yesterday Westin Nanea
Our first time at Nanea using our Flex
Booked in January 3 bedroom Villa OceanView
Building 1
We love it!!!
a8d9126c788ac8cbfb7e723d03fe064c.jpg
ff0eb082eb3157006a474163a8a228a9.jpg
c1313d5142ee665109aa7feef2c6b8a1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow!!! That is an oceanview unit??? It's gorgeous!!!! Looks as good as any oceanfront view we've had!

RC51Tofuman

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Nanea Studio (no longer owned)
Westin Flex (currently own)
We have an owner update scheduled Sunday.
Not quite sure if we went to go

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
We have an owner update scheduled Sunday.
Not quite sure if we went to go

If you say "not quite sure if we want to go" then you don't want to go!! :)

tstiv1996

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV-Bella
Does anyone know if you can get a TV at KORV N/S Cabanas?? Thanks!!

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Wow!!! That is an oceanview unit??? It's gorgeous!!!! Looks as good as any oceanfront view we've had!
It's an OF unit; all of the 3bd units at Nanea are OF.