• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is all available inventory released at 13 months window?

CourtShorr

Reaction score
Is all the inventory available at the 13 month window or do they open some at the 12 month window too?

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Common thought is that half of inventory is held although there is no real understanding of how many people own 2+ weeks and reserve at 13 months for any given interval. I can;t imagine there are ever 50% of weeks owners reserving at 13 months (other than the DC which we have no idea what they do.)

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is all the inventory available at the 13 month window or do they open some at the 12 month window too?
MVC only confirm that “no more than” 50% of inventory is released at the 13 month mark.
They have never shared, to my knowledge, how much is actually taken up at this time at any of the resorts.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I am a DP/enrolled weeks owner. I can usually see everything available to book at 13 months. The only exception is the Ritz Carlton. I once reserved RC St Thomas at 13 months but lately I can‘t see inventory that early even though I am Presidential level and should be able to book at 13 months. Usually, I need to keep checking to find anything available for a full week at RC St Thomas. I have only been an owner since 2018 in the DP program so I do not know all the ins and outs yet. And I have only visited Maui, Ko Olina, Newport Beach, Lake Tahoe and Ritz Carlton St Thomas and Ritz Carlton Northstar Tahoe within the MVC system. I love Ko Olina, Newport and Ritz St Thomas. I would have loved Lake Tahoe except it is South Tahoe. We ski in North Tahoe but the Ritz is very hard to book in North Tahoe during ski season and when I can get it during ski season, it takes a fortune in DPs. Our favorite place to ski is Squaw Valley but Marriott has no Resorts there. So MVC has great Tahoe coverage but not at the location we prefer.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't imagine there are ever 50% of weeks owners reserving at 13 months...
If you swap that around to "50% of weeks owned by multiple week owners reserved at 13 months" I believe it to be true at Waiohai and even more so at MOC Sequel. I've spoken with a number of owners at Waiohai who own 4+ weeks and book them consecutively in Jan and/or Feb. And heard rumor of MOC Sequel owners who own 8+ weeks.

From experience I can say that even into June MOC Sequel Oceanfront is booked at 13+2 weeks. I had to try a couple of weeks in a row to get my consecutive Waiohai+ Waiohai+ MOC Sequel reservation booked.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
If you swap that around to "50% of weeks owned by multiple week owners reserved at 13 months" I believe it to be true at Waiohai and even more so at MOC Sequel. I've spoken with a number of owners at Waiohai who own 4+ weeks and book them consecutively in Jan and/or Feb. And heard rumor of MOC Sequel owners who own 8+ weeks.

From experience I can say that even into June MOC Sequel Oceanfront is booked at 13+2 weeks. I had to try a couple of weeks in a row to get my Waiohai+ Waiohai+ MOC Sequel reservation booked.

What is MOC Sequel?

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Common thought is that half of inventory is held although there is no real understanding of how many people own 2+ weeks and reserve at 13 months for any given interval. I can;t imagine there are ever 50% of weeks owners reserving at 13 months (other than the DC which we have no idea what they do.)
It is probably very resort and season dependent.
Club Son Antem Gold Season June/July is a short 3 weeks and extremely popular so availability at 13 months out goes very quickly.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
On the points side as noted it's 50% max available at 13 months. On the weeks side I'm not sure there's a limit if one qualifies to reserve at 13 months out).

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
On the points side as noted it's 50% max available at 13 months. On the weeks side I'm not sure there's a limit if one qualifies to reserve at 13 months out).
Yes, it is the same on the weeks side, 50% max available at 13 months.
However, if for example you own say 8 weeks, subject still to this restriction, you can book all those at the same time as 8 consecutive with the first of the eight having a check in 13 months out. So effectively you are booking the last of the eight 15 months out.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
Regarding DC points availability, I have found the inventory release at 13 months to vary significantly between resorts. I'm not sure if it varies by season, but I've noticed that Surfwatch typically only has the 3BR available at 13 mo, and Canyon Villas only releases studios at that time (March reservations). I've observed similar patterns for other MVC resorts, I've learned to check daily because the actual release day of week also varies.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Regarding DC points availability, I have found the inventory release at 13 months to vary significantly between resorts. I'm not sure if it varies by season, but I've noticed that Surfwatch typically only has the 3BR available at 13 mo, and Canyon Villas only releases studios at that time (March reservations). I've observed similar patterns for other MVC resorts, I've learned to check daily because the actual release day of week also varies.
Agree. Was watching Marbella/Spain for 2021 booking and it was just like a year ago, inventory loaded 2 days earlier than 12 month release date and also in the afternoon Eastern US time. Nothing ever earlier. Not at all as published on the release calendar, but consistent nonetheless.

Last edited:

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agree. Was watching Marbella/Spain for 2021 booking and it was just like a year ago, inventory loaded 2 days earlier than 12 months release date and also in the afternoon Eastern US time. Nothing ever earlier. Not at all as published on the release calendar, but consistent nonetheless.
I've noticed that several Hilton Head resorts release inventory on Thursday afternoons instead of the Tuesday morning release common to other locations.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Similarly in Phuket.
Mai Khao Beach Resort almost always has Points availability at 13 months, whereas Phuket Beach Club very often does not have Points availability until nearer the 12 month mark.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, it is the same on the weeks side, 50% max available at 13 months.
However, if for example you own say 8 weeks, subject still to this restriction, you can book all those at the same time as 8 consecutive with the first of the eight having a check in 13 months out. So effectively you are booking the last of the eight 15 months out.
I know that's what it says but I'm not sure it's as stringent on the weeks side esp if stringing weeks together.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know that's what it says but I'm not sure it's as stringent on the weeks side esp if stringing weeks together.
We may never know for sure, but I have once had experience calling in to make a multiple consecutive week booking for Club Son Antem at exactly the 13 month release time to find no availability and had to wait for the 12 month mark.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We may never know for sure, but I have once had experience calling in to make a multiple consecutive week booking for Club Son Antem at exactly the 13 month release time to find no availability and had to wait for the 12 month mark.
I've never had that but what I was really referring to was when one is making a string of reservations and the first week IS available. Now it may just be that the available weeks go to that situation then one calling exactly 13 months out finds less or no availability. You're right, we'll never know for certain in all likelihood.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've noticed that several Hilton Head resorts release inventory on Thursday afternoons instead of the Tuesday morning release common to other locations.
I've seen the reverse at 12 months out, esp when the release date would fall on a holiday. I've seen inventory released on Tuesday when it should have been Thursday. I've also see it come available all times of the night rather than at 9 am, other times it's right at 9.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've seen the reverse at 12 months out, esp when the release date would fall on a holiday. I've seen inventory released on Tuesday when it should have been Thursday. I've also see it come available all times of the night rather than at 9 am, other times it's right at 9.
This is why I've learned to check a few times daily when I really want to go to a resort at a specific time. The only consistency is the inconsistency between resorts and seasons.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
This is what the Grande Vista Reservation Procedures have to say about this;

1592925892955.png

6scoops

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm a weeks Gold season owner at Oceana Palms, there is usually plenty of inventory from week 20 on, I've never even had a hard time booking 4th of July week at this resort around the 12 mos mark, not even being on right when it is released. I think this may be because Oceana does not have a ton of weeks owners. I keep getting a message that nothing is available at all when I go to check for next year. This is odd to me. Is anyone else seeing this?

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm a weeks Gold season owner at Oceana Palms, there is usually plenty of inventory from week 20 on, I've never even had a hard time booking 4th of July week at this resort around the 12 mos mark, not even being on right when it is released. I think this may be because Oceana does not have a ton of weeks owners. I keep getting a message that nothing is available at all when I go to check for next year. This is odd to me. Is anyone else seeing this?
I booked 10 units including OF & 3 BR at OP for 4th of July one year well under 12 months out. It's low season for that area of FL.

6scoops

TUG Member
Reaction score
I booked 10 units including OF & 3 BR at OP for 4th of July one year well under 12 months out. It's low season for that area of FL.
Wow, exactly! It is low season in FL... this is why I've never had a problem booking. I feel like Marriott's booking system is malfunctioning, for weeks owners at this resort. Do you book these as a weeks owner or points owner?

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, exactly! It is low season in FL... this is why I've never had a problem booking. I feel like Marriott's booking system is malfunctioning, for weeks owners at this resort. Do you book these as a weeks owner or points owner?
These were all on points. While we looked at the resort considering a purchase when it was a hole in the ground, the area just didn't grab us. We've stayed there 3 times, the last was 3 or 4 years ago for the trip mentioned. Enjoyed the stays but to be honest, nothing dramatically special. We prefer HHI but that's personal preference. I think part of it is not having the commercial activities close by and part having more of an infrastructure for restaurants, grocery and the like.

6scoops

TUG Member
Reaction score
These were all on points. While we looked at the resort considering a purchase when it was a hole in the ground, the area just didn't grab us. We've stayed there 3 times, the last was 3 or 4 years ago for the trip mentioned. Enjoyed the stays but to be honest, nothing dramatically special. We prefer HHI but that's personal preference. I think part of it is not having the commercial activities close by and part having more of an infrastructure for restaurants, grocery and the like.
We originally bought here to force us to plan a yearly trip to visit my husbands Grandmother who lived near by, we fell in love with the resort and Not to mention I found a resale for 3K way back in 2010. I need to give HHI a try at one of the Ocean front resorts, I did like it there, but we didn't stay right on the beach as it was a last minute prime summer trade. This inventory not showing available has to be a huge computer glitch or Marriott is manipulating the inventory. I know they can do that, because I've had a problem once before. I had to hold a couple of villas hostage under a cash stay and was able to force the manager find me a room under MVC weeks inventory when the computer was telling me there was none. He asked me not to tell anyone else he could do that......