• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is a Bluegreen deed back possible? No loan, all fees current, just want out!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Vacations
We are Bluegreen Silver Members (20,000 points a yr). We paid cash for the deed so it's paid off … no loan. But we simply do not use it (lots of reasons - no pets allowed, most resorts too far away, aging parents restricting our travel.) Can we just contact Bluegreen and tell them we want out? We do not want to try to sell the deed or points. We just want out of the deed and no more maintenance fees. We have read that BG has a ZERO TOLERANCE strategy with some of these legal firms that advertise on tv and radio. Thought I'd start here before going any further. Help anyone?

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
The timeshare industry has an owners site for people who want to exit their timeshare. https://responsibleexit.com/. Bluegreen is on that site. That doesn't guarantee that they will assist you, but they SAY they will. The legal firms and the exit companies are being pursued by many of the large timeshare companies. Getting involved with one may work to your disadvantage.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
You can at least try to give it away on the TUG Bargain Deals sub- forum at the top of the Buying, Selling, Renting forum. It's free. And TUGgers Lt transfers does the transfer very reasonably. Then you're done. Good Luck!

All those upfront fees outfits that we know of are SCAMS. Once they have your money, they have no incentive to do anything except charge you more when it doesn't sell.

Jim

BonCon12

TUG Member
Reaction score
We want to be totally done from our 27 year old Bluegreen TS. Has anyone used Wesley Financial Group to get rid of this Bluegreen ownership?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We want to be totally done from our 27 year old Bluegreen TS. Has anyone used Wesley Financial Group to get rid of this Bluegreen ownership?
I think you got some good answers in your other thread;

Jeddy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreenpoints; Hotel Blake (Chicago), Ellis Square (Savannah), Christmas Mtn (Wisconsin Dells), Outrigger Beach Club (FL)
I concur with Passepartout; start with a listing here on TUG in the ForSale or BargainDeals boards, and give it some time.
Free is always better that for-cost.

Key point: there are always ownership transfer costs (taxes, deed change fees, etc). Decide whether you want to offer to pay them, share or subsidize the buyer, or require buyer to pay them all. Your listing should include the resort name, point count and/or week dates, anniversary date, and annual maintenance fees without club membership.

Best wishes going forward!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Yes! It took some time but Wesley Financial got me out.
I'll bite, what did they do to get you out and how much did they charge you?

awilliams

Reaction score
I'll bite, what did they do to get you out and how much did they charge you?
They wrote a letter and then used some regulatory agencies like the BBB to really get their attention. They emphasized the lies and pressurized sales tactics that were used during the initial signing of the contract. It was expensive it was around 4k. I would definitely try it yourself before paying, but I had and wasn't getting anywhere. I also didn't have a mortgage left, i think there is a different process when there is debt involved.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
They wrote a letter and then used some regulatory agencies like the BBB to really get their attention. They emphasized the lies and pressurized sales tactics that were used during the initial signing of the contract. It was expensive it was around 4k. I would definitely try it yourself before paying, but I had and wasn't getting anywhere. I also didn't have a mortgage left, i think there is a different process when there is debt involved.
So they did what you could simply do for free yourself. Bluegreen has a deedback program for timeshares that are paid in full. Had you tried this route and were unsuccessful? Was your ownership a week or points?

Last edited:

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

Your first posts on your first day of TUG registration turn out to be a success story / endorsement regarding Wesley Financial Group, whose radio ads currently saturate the airwaves. Personally, I have never previously heard or read of anyone achieving a magical exit from their contractual timeshare obligation as a result of paying several thousand dollars to this (or most any other) "exit company".

Also, as already noted above, BlueGreen reportedly now has it's own "deedback" program, making the upfront fee "exit companies" (including Wesley Financial Group) both unnecessary and irrelevant. In short, your tale might be true, but just color me dubious. :ponder:
If your story is indeed true (...still dubious), then you wasted $4,000 to accomplish what could have been done for almost nothing.

P.S. In regard to your preceding post, BBB is not a "regulatory agency" and BBB has no legal authority of any kind. BBB is just a paid membership organization for commercial entities and, as such, BBB has no governmental affiliation (or authority) whatsoever.

Last edited:

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Good luck with your BlueGreen Deed back. Please post the results thanks. :thumbup:

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue Green Boyne

Why pay anyone 4K when all it would cost is 500 bucks to transfer it to someone else's name and BG would likely exercise ROFR and you'd be free of it?

sharewhereMiMi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Massanutten VA,
Presidential Resorts Wilderness VA, Wyndham Myrtle Beach SC,
The Quarter House, New Orleans LA
and here I sit, calculating numbers for optimum price per points, etc trying to decide the best way of getting INTO a BG Contract so our family can get a couple of weeks in Savannah BG Ellis Studio...
Any new TUG stories for BG Ellis?

edited to say: we will be utilizing TUG market place for “adoption” of a BG contract

Reactions: RX8

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC

It isn’t uncommon for these less than ethical exit companies to post fake glowing reviews on forums to drum up business. Common themes are first time posters who search out forums AFTER they are supposedly done with their timeshare to post something nice about a company to whom they just paid thousands of dollars. Not saying you are a shill for Wesley as you could be a real former owner but understand we have seen it many times before.

If you are truly a former TS owner than what Wesley likely did was happily collect your $4,000 and then did a deed back through Bluegreen’s program, something you could have done yourself. These exit companies are not consumer advocates. They are in it for the upfront fee, period. They are going to to keep owners in the dark about their true options. Sadly, these become their “success” stories and glowing reviews which helps bring in more unsuspecting upfront fee opportunities.

Last edited:

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are truly a former TS owner then what Wesley likely did was happily collect your $4,000 and then did a deed back through Bluegreen’s program, something you could have done yourself.
We have to understand that many people who own say only one Week they have had for years, and which they no longer use, have no clue what to do and just want out, will happily pay someone thousands to be done with it ...

I remember many years ago, just to see what was happening, I went to one of those Post Card Company presentations. When I left about 70% of the people there who fit this profile were sitting at tables with the presenters writing checks. And this was back when getting rid of Weeks was a lot easier than it is today...

George

Last edited:
Reactions: RX8

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
We have to understand that many people who own say only one Week they have had for years, and which they no longer use, have no clue what to do and just want out, will happily pay someone thousands to be done with it ...

I remember many years ago, just to see what was happening, I went to one of those Post Card Company presentations. When I left about 70% of the people there who fit this profile were sitting at tables with the presenters writing checks. And this was back when getting rid of Weeks was a lot easier than it is today...

George

I agree although I am not too sure about the "happily pay someone" part. Unless one has a lot of income paying thousands of dollars has to be painful. You are also correct that many don't have a clue as to what to do and that plays a big part. TUG is here for that part but what I don't understand is how some only find TUG to post support about an exit company AFTER they have paid them thousands of dollars to dispose of their timeshare (not directed to OP only as we see that quite often). If one can search after why can't they search before paying some unknown outfit thousands?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
This is probably a person who works for Wesley. Another poster who owns Hilton was quoted $100,000 to get them out of Hilton.

Jeddy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreenpoints; Hotel Blake (Chicago), Ellis Square (Savannah), Christmas Mtn (Wisconsin Dells), Outrigger Beach Club (FL)
and here I sit, calculating numbers for optimum price per points, etc trying to decide the best way of getting INTO a BG Contract so our family can get a couple of weeks in Savannah BG Ellis Studio...
Any new TUG stories for BG Ellis?

edited to say: we will be utilizing TUG market place for “adoption” of a BG contract

(August 10, 2021) Visited BG Ellis earlier this year.
Nice apartments, but plan on utilizing the BG garage ($25/day) because on-street parking in downtown Savannah is IMPOSSIBLE.
I'm a Gold BG member; checking the Ellis/Savannah availability calendar. Only few days mid November 2021, starts to open up in mid-April 2022.
So you need to plan WAY in advance...

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
(August 10, 2021) Visited BG Ellis earlier this year.
Nice apartments, but plan on utilizing the BG garage ($25/day) because on-street parking in downtown Savannah is IMPOSSIBLE.
I'm a Gold BG member; checking the Ellis/Savannah availability calendar. Only few days mid November 2021, starts to open up in mid-April 2022.
So you need to plan WAY in advance...

We've never been able to get BG in Savannah using our points. Only once could we get a couple of days of Bonus time.

TimeshareTraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen ShoreCrest,
Massanutten Summit,
Eagle Point,
This is probably a person who works for Wesley. Another poster who owns Hilton was quoted $100,000 to get them out of Hilton.
Wow. I can't help but think that if they offered Hilton $100K to take it back, Hilton certainly would. But calling Hilton or posting it up for $1 somewhere would have roughly the same effect without breaking the bank.

TimeshareTraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen ShoreCrest,
Massanutten Summit,
Eagle Point,
We've never been able to get BG in Savannah using our points. Only once could we get a couple of days of Bonus time.
Savannah is such a lovely town. And there just aren't that many timeshares there. I can see why that is so popular.

Jeddy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for reminding me...
yes, when I checked, I got my Ellis on BonusTime; it happened to be available just before I was passing through.
Luck of the draw.