• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is $18K too high for Marriott Ocean Pointe???

Smooth Air

TUG Member
Reaction score
Considering buying @ Marriott Ocean Pointe. Does anybody know the "going rate" for a 2BR Oceanside (not Oceanfront) Platinum week? The one that I am considering does not have 2006 usage so first usage wld be 2007. I think we can work out something for $18,000 but I am wondering if that is too high where there is no 2006 usage. What do you think??? :confused:

suenmike32

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MOW
Hi,
I purchased 2 (2BR) OS units at OP 2 years ago. One was for 19K, the other for slightly under 18K. Both of these were resale.
Right now, the developer cost for a 2 BR OS unit is around 34K (give or take).
Personally, I think it's a good buy at 18K. Some will disagree and say you can get it for less on e-bay. I say, "go find it".
If you hang around wondering...it'll be gone. :D
Mike

suenmike32

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MOW
One more thing....I think not having 2006 is a bummer, however, unless you can squeeze them for another "K" or so, the price, (in my estimation), is still very good.
Sorry I didn't put that in the last reply.
Mike

JBRES1

TUG Member
Reaction score
OP price

Let me put it this way. " If you don't want it for $18,000.00 I know of people that do"
The units are selling in the reslae market for more like $19,000.00 and up for a platinum OS unit, so $18,000.00 sure is a good price. As for the usage starting in 2007 , I don't think thats bad . The platinum season goes from weeks 1-17 and 51,52. Weeks 1-17 are gone for 2006 for the most part, and 51 and 52 would be a tough request at this time. Most owners make their requests for high demand weeks very early, so I would bet the 2006 Christmas/new years weeks are also gone for 2006.
Good luck, Jim Breslin

ArBravesFan

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
As of 12/29/05 here are the developer prices for Marriott Ocean Pointe:

Platinum
3 - bedroom OF 46,900
2 - bedroom OF 36,900
2 - bedroom OS 33,900

Gold
3 - bedroom OF 34,900
2 - bedroom OF 25,900
2 - bedroom OS 19,900

Silver
3 - bedroom OF 26,900
2 - bedroom OF 23,900
2 - bedroom OS SOLD OUT

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Seth Nock said:
$18k is an incredible price. Resale market is $19,000- $22,000.

It just seems funny to see that $18K for a timeshare "...is an incredible price".

Don't get me wrong, I went to Ocean Pointe, and loved it! I love Marriott's as a rule.

STILL, I simply don't have the money or guts to plunk down $18K for a timeshare.

I guess it's all relative.

Pat

jerseyfinn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MMB MVO
18K is a very good price for a 2BR oceanside Platinum unit at Ocean Pointe.

As to the 2007 first usage. Just make certain in your contract that the seller has paid all of the 2006 M/F and that you're acquiring the unit free of any other fees or assessments. Otherwise, just wait it out enjoy your new resort. The new development going on up the road from the resort in Riveria Beach means that new walking distance restaurants and shops will be on the horizon for Ocean Pointe owners to enjoy.

Barry

Judy999

TUG Member
Reaction score
Riviera Beach development

:) Do we know when the targetted beginning and completion dates are? I am very excited about this.

It will be great. Thanks

Judy :)