• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

iPhone 4S??

judyjht

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am getting ready to treat myself to an IPhone 4S. I will use Verizon Wireless (best in my area). Is there anything I need to know before I pull the trigger? I am planning of switching my business line over to the iPhone and get rid of the land line. Also, what are your favorite apps?? Free is good but I am open to anything. TIA and happy holidays to all. :cheer:

irish

TUG Member
Reaction score
i have the verizon iphone 4s and love it..3 APPS i use a lot are: pandora, occasions, and pedometer(cant remember if i paid for them or they were free)
i use siri very rarely but it IS very cool.
hope you love it too..

lvhmbh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Flashlight and Webster's Dictionary. I use the dictionary for pronunciation and helping the 15 yr. old. Flashlight when I get up at 5:30 a.m. to get him up for school (don't want to wake DH).

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
I've heard that it's best for a business to get 'unlocked' phones so they aren't held to ransom by a 3 year contract per employee.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
I just got one but from Sprint.
Sprint has the unlimited plan for data, texting and mobile to mobile.

I'm having fun with the phone. I've already put like 50 apps in it. There are some neat travel ones but I've got mostly Disney in there right now. :D
I like the "Around me" app that tells you what restaurants, shops, hotels, pretty much anything that is around you. Siri can then navigate to it.

I love the streaming radio. I use it all the time and with the unlimited plan don't have to worry about going over on the data plan. :cheer:

As for Siri, I really can't get her to understand me much. She keeps saying that "that's for another time". :shrug: I do like that you can tell her the name of someone and say cell or mobile and she'll dial for you while driving. Only problem is that sometimes she dials people that I didn't say. :crash:

There are tons of free apps. All kinds of business calculators and fun things to play like games. I even put a diet one on there that tracks my daily caloric intake and weight. :eek:

If I lose this puppy someone can take on my whole identity. :ignore:

Mosca

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just gave DD hers for Christmas (early). The best thing I can say is that she hasn't asked me anything about how to use it. She figured it out pretty quick. I'm Android, I don't know anything about them myself.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
I just got my iPhone a few weeks ago, so still learning about apps. So far, my favorites are Angry Birds (this game is addictive!), Navionics for a back-up GPS system on my boat, Red Laser for price checks, and Sky View to identify stars, planets, and constellations. Today I downloaded Gazelle from Quest Labs as a place to keep track of my medical info, doctors, medications, and so forth. I just started going to a new doctor, and it would have been nice to have had all this info organized while filling out the new patient paperwork. I'm anxious to learn about more apps to make the smart phone a more valuable tool for me. I also just loaded Flashlight. We got home from vacation last night after dark, and I had a hard time finding the keyhole. That will help!

Also, if you use your camera a lot, set up iCloud. It is so cool that it transfers your photos from the phone into a folder on your PC using your WiFi connection.

Last edited:

Numismatist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Love mine, I bought a Mophie (www.mophie.com) case for it. It doubles as a spare battery. When the iPhone gets low, just flick a switch and you have 100% again.

Don't use Siri much, I find it much easier to just type it.

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
I'm enjoying my iphone too, but finding the screen very small for games and reading emails, etc. Been getting headaches as a result. Guess my ipad spoiled me as it doesn't bother my eyes like the iphone does on the very small type.

Brian

emilyarnette

Reaction score
Personally, I have an Android. I love how everything from my background that changes every 30 minutes to my text messaging is completely customizable. My phone is so personalized to my liking that I feel like it is a part of me. ;) However, my husband SWEARS by his iPhone. We have a few similar apps that we like to share together, and luckily they are so popular that they are made both for Android and iPhone.

Some Great Apps:

1. Words With Friends - it seems like everyone plays it. I can link it to my Facebook, and it shows over 200 people that play.

2. Groupon & Living Social - Shows you daily coupons and savings in your area in a very organized sense.

3. Foursquare - I finally got my parents into this program. You "Check In" at places. Some places offer a special, for example, every time you check into Chili's you get a free chips & salsa. If you get 3+ friends to check in with you, you get a free appetizer. It's really a great app- especially for exploring new places.

4. Expensense - keeps track of your expenses and accounts. It is totally customizable with categories and sub-categories.