• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Inventory doing weird things

Hawaii2022

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham, Hilton
The concern that my family has is that Wyndham is paid to manage and control the inventory at every Club Wyndham Resort. Wyndham has many ways that they use the ownership they still own. We have been told a couple times by the resort front desks that the resort is overbooked from Extra Holidays. This happened the last time we stayed at the Wyndham Grand Desert. The resort front desk was trying to get us to downgrade our booking from a 2 bedroom lock off to a 1 bedroom deluxe. The concern is that Wyndham is compensated to manage/control the resort inventory for our Club Wyndham owners. It can be a conflict when Wyndham is the largest owner and has many different ways that they use the ownership that they own.

Wyndham is the only Club Wyndham owner that has control of the resort's inventory, not all of the 100,000's small owners.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
WBC gets turned back on….saw it an hour the other day and then goes completely gone. My question is…..is this legal? I’m sitting on thousands, thousands of points I can’t book (personal use)?

please don’t chime in telling me “they may be really booked up”. They are not. I’m on-site. I’m not going to have that argument because it’s ABSOLUTELY untrue.

is there not a legal obligation to provide me as as n owner access to unused inventory? If not, Wyndham is in full control of keeping me paying maintenance fees on something that they are denying me access to that I own?

Florida Attorney General Complaint? Any advice?
My advice is don't waste your money.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Back to inventory.

I just book a resort for a stay 2 days from now at La Cascada in SA, TX. Got a call back from the resort within 2 - 3 minutes. They were alreday looking at their inventory because they were overbooked, and they have no idea how I booked a unit, and they didn't recognize my name.

They offered to downgrade me to a 1BR which also was not appearing online.

So still inventory issues out there. No idea what is up.

ladawgfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Platinum owner at various resorts
The restricted inventory problem at Bonnet Creek is beyond ridiculous. I’ve been told by VC’s that the renovations have been completed in tower 6 for over a week, yet there are still no 3 or 4 BR units available until November 2022! Sure shows Wyndham’s concerns for making more inventory available for owners’ priority reservations! I sure am happy to continue to pay maintenance fees for inventory I can’t use. It’s time for Wyndham to stop their BS and start showing some service to their owners. Wyndham used to be one of the premier timeshare companies, but has rapidly progressed to the worst.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just checked Extra Holidays. Three and four bedroom units are available at Bonnet Creek beginning in January 2022.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is a 3 bedroom in January 2022 at Bonnet Creek.

Screenshot_20211127-191516.png

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
If any one is interested, Bonnet Creek added a bunch of inventory for one bedroom deluxe condos for December, including Christmas and New Year. Some in January too.

ladawgfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Has anyone gotten an explanation from Wyndham why the 3 & 4 BR units at Bonnet Creek are still being blocked from availability and when the issue will be resolved?

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Has anyone gotten an explanation from Wyndham why the 3 & 4 BR units at Bonnet Creek are still being blocked from availability and when the issue will be resolved?

The unofficial response I received back from Wyndham specific to WBC and in general regarding inventory blocks is as follows:

Specifically, at Bonnet Creek, they have expanded renovations that are impacting 3 and 4 bedroom units for a significant period of time. Sometimes Inventory Management has to put large blocks of inventory on hold, if they discover an issue and it can take them a while to troubleshoot and release the holds.

ladawgfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The unofficial response I received back from Wyndham specific to WBC and in general regarding inventory blocks is as follows:
Thanks for the response.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
You could even get a 1 bedroom deluxe at a 20% discount (for Christmas week), earlier today.

I've noticed some other funkiness, or in my opinion funkiness, but I know the various explanations that will come back and not wasting my breath. Wyndham's sandbox, they can do as they please... and they do.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I see available inventory doing what it is suppose to do after the reservation restrictions were put in place. Normally I've been able to pick up a discounted Clearwater cancellation for over the holidays, but not this year. This tells me owners are booking reservation for personal use, not for rental income. So I'll spend the holidays at Bonnet Creek.

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
I see that Clearwater is available now at 11 months (November 2022) but not any availability at 10 months or less. So my theory is that right now this resort only opens up inventory at 11 months and beyond so that only qualified owners (CWA and recipocal ARP I think) can book. That way they save their high demand inventory for those owners only. Just a theory waiting to be dis-proved.

Bob

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I see that Clearwater is available now at 11 months (November 2022) but not any availability at 10 months or less. So my theory is that right now this resort only opens up inventory at 11 months and beyond so that only qualified owners (CWA and recipocal ARP I think) can book. That way they save their high demand inventory for those owners only. Just a theory waiting to be dis-proved.
I only have 10 month access (no deeded or CWA ARP, nor VIP RARP), and I can see all kinds of availability right at 10 months. It does book up quickly, but at the 10 month date (11/1/2022) I can see 1 and 2BR deluxe, and 1 and 2BR PR available for booking. Waiting even until 9 or 8 months can be too late at Clearwater.

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
After writing that of course the 11 months turns into 10,9, 8 etc. Duuhh. Amazing that it fills up so fast at 10 months except for the cancelations near 60 days.
We checked in to Clearwater today in a room reserved almost 12 months ago.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
So what is 'working as it's supposed to'?
How can you tell that owners are booking reservations for personal use?
At Clearwater, I saw NYE's available a couple days ago (sure wish I could have used that). I was able to book the weekend of Jan 7th about a month ago. I don't think the black out dates had anything to do with that. I'm pretty sure I saw Christmas week stuff when I was on the search for Jan 7th, but can't say 100%. It wasn't what I was looking for so I was not paying super close attention, I didn't try to actually book it, but pretty sure the dates were bolded). I checked
Bonnet Creek 3 and 4 bedroom units are still MIA til November, I wouldn't call that doing what it's suppose to (not what I think it's suppose to do, but likely what Wyndham would like it do, we never have figured out their motivation).
15 days out is still an optimum time to find last minute stuff, just have to be a bit more diligent overall. 2 years ago we went to Clearwater in February and I was able to find 2 rooms for us about 30 days from checkin. That wasn't working as it was supposed to then but it is okay if it happens now?
You will never convince me Wyndham is doing anything good on my behalf.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
You will never convince me Wyndham is doing anything good on my behalf.
Well, no organization is perfect. I'm sure they have at some point....

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Well, no organization is perfect. I'm sure they have at some point....
OK, I stand corrected. They did sell my father 1.4+ million points. An extra 400K when he was already VIP Platinum. At the time I thought it was such a waste and was mad at them for taking advantage of him. And now here we are VIP Founders. I guess you just never know. So thank you, Wyndham for that.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I see available inventory doing what it is suppose to do after the reservation restrictions were put in place. Normally I've been able to pick up a discounted Clearwater cancellation for over the holidays, but not this year. This tells me owners are booking reservation for personal use, not for rental income. So I'll spend the holidays at Bonnet Creek.

Huh? That escapes my logic.

So you’re saying when the big bad mega renters roamed the world, you could find discounted rooms. But now that there are no reservations available, that means it’s owners using them for themselves. What’s your evidence? Even anecdotal evidence that suggests that? To suggest that mega renters were canceling prime reservations and now they aren’t - simply doesn’t make sense to me. Especially if you’re able to find rooms at Bonnet Creek. Why aren’t owners staying at Bonnet Creek? Why could you find rooms there? Because people cancel plans all the time, and some last minute. Not all this worlds ills rest on mega renters. Just keep the facts in front of us.

Wes.