• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Introducing HGV Max — Our New Membership Program fm HGVC to DRI members, email 4/12/22 email

DRIless

Reaction score
Dear Owners and Club Members,

Since our acquisition of Diamond Resorts in August 2021, we promised to keep you informed of important updates as we integrate our two companies and develop improved membership programs. Today, I’m excited to share news about the launch of HGV Max, a new membership platform that brings together the best of Hilton Grand Vacations Club and Diamond’s The Club into one.

What Is HGV Max?
HGV Max will provide Members with features and benefits, including discounts across the Hilton portfolio of hotels and resorts, the opportunity to experience invitation-only special events and access to more than 60 additional properties in more places. Diamond Owners and The Club Members can buy in to HGV Max now to take advantage of these new benefits.

To learn more about HGV Max, visit my.hgv.com/hgvmax.

What Are the Benefits?
HGV Max Members have immediate access to more than 80 resorts within The Club exchange network with complimentary reservations at these properties. The great features and benefits current Members enjoy today will stay in place, such as borrowing Points, depositing Points to Destination Xchange for immediate or future stays, and access to Travel-Related Member Benefits including cruises, guided journeys and special events under HGV Ultimate Access — our revamped experiences platform, formerly known as Events of a Lifetime.

Future benefits coming to HGV Max Members later in 2022 and beyond include

• An Expanded Portfolio of more than 140 properties featuring access to Hilton Grand Vacations Club and Hilton Club resorts, starting six months or less before check-out.
  • HGV Max Rate with Hilton providing 10% savings off the regularly published rates on reservations at over 6,800 Hilton hotels and resorts.
  • Complimentary Guest Certificates allotted annually (based on Member tiers).
  • Conversion of Points to Hilton Honors Points for use across the entire Hilton portfolio.

What’s Next
We will continue to share information about HGV Max, including future membership benefits. News and updates about the program will also appear in your new quarterly Club Traveler newsletter.

We look forward to helping you create new memorable vacation experiences at one of our many properties around the world soon.

Best wishes,

Gordon Gurnick Signature
Gordon Gurnik
Senior Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer

Last edited:

DRIless

Reaction score
Not a lot new here beyond what's been discussed, but this is official for what it's worth.
Here is the info behind the link in OP:

HGV Max: Vacation Ownership That Works For You

When you become an Owner with us, you’ll join a select group of travel enthusiasts who share the belief that life is better with vacations.
No vacation is ever on repeat with our best-in-class HGV Max membership.
Our Points-based vacation ownership program is uniquely flexible to fit your specific vacation needs. From weekend road trips to international expeditions and everything in between, HGV Max membership is your way to visit your wish list — with the comforts of home wherever you go.
The benefits of HGV Max membership go beyond bucket-list vacations.
When you become a Member, you’ll enjoy exclusive discounts across the Hilton portfolio of hotels and resorts and access to exclusive events like concerts, unique culinary experiences and more. Plus, you’ll experience a level of service that’s synonymous with the Hilton name, with a membership team that’s ready to inspire your next getaway and help you get the most out of every vacation you take with us.
+ What Is HGV Max?
HGV Max is an exciting new program that provides Members with features and benefits, including discounts across the Hilton portfolio of hotels and resorts, and access to invitation-only special events and over 140 properties in sought-after destinations in the continental United States, Hawaii, Japan and Mexico.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
On April 4, 2022, HGV Max Members will have immediate access to the following features:
  • Existing Club Resort Portfolio of 80+ resorts within The Club exchange program.
  • One Annual Club Dues Payment, regardless of how many eligible timeshare interests or Points are owned (exclusions apply).
  • Complimentary Reservation Transactions when booking within The Club resort portfolio.
  • Borrow Points from your next allotment for use within The Club program (fee applies).
  • Save Current-Year Points for use the following year (fee and use restrictions apply).
  • Destination Xchange Access by depositing Points for immediate or future stays within the Destination Xchange network.
  • Partner Experiences such as cruises, guided journeys, flights and more.
Benefits coming to HGV Max later in 2022 and beyond include:
  • Expanded Resort Portfolio with self-service booking at over 140 properties, featuring a new reservation window starting six months before check-out (exceptions apply).
  • Complimentary Reservation Transactions when booking at over 140 resorts.
  • Borrow Points for use within the expanded portfolio of over 140 properties (fee applies).
  • Complimentary Guest Certificates allotted annually (based on Member tiers).
  • Hilton Honors™ Points Conversion using your ClubPoints for use at Hilton hotels and resorts.
  • HGV Max Rate with Hilton providing 10% savings off the regularly published rates when making reservations at over 6,800 Hilton hotels and resorts.
Click here to download a PDF of the HGV Max Program Fact Sheet.
+ Frequently Asked Questions
What is HGV Max?

HGV Max is a new membership program that gives Members access to more properties in more destinations, special events and discounts across Hilton’s portfolio of over 6,800 hotels and resorts.

How do I become an HGV Max Member?
There are different ways to become an HGV Max Member. For more information, please fill out our Inquiry Form. Select “New Membership Info” from the subject drop-down menu and let us know you’re interested in HGV Max in the message section. One of our program experts will contact you.
If I become an HGV Max Member, does this change any of my existing fees?
Your Club Dues and some transaction fees may change depending on the timeshare interest you currently own. HGV Max Club Dues will be $281, which is an inclusive fee with additional features and benefits. Please refer to the latest version of The Club Member Directory, available here.

How is HGV Max different from my membership in The Club?
HGV Max is a new program within The Club that provides Members with Hilton discounts, automatic Hilton Honors status and the ability to use your Points in more places, including over 60 Hilton Grand Vacations properties later in 2022. As an HGV Max Member, you’ll also be able to convert your Club Points to Hilton Honors Points for use at more than 6,800 hotels and resorts across the Hilton family of brands and will receive an annual allotment of complimentary Guest Certificates (based on membership tiers).

Will my Member benefits as part of The Club go away if I don’t join HGV Max?
Your current Club membership will continue to exist, and you’ll continue to access the benefits associated with your membership, as noted in The Club documents.

I’m a Diamond Member. Am I automatically an HGV Max Member?
If you purchased a vacation ownership interest in Diamond Resorts after January 14, 2022, you will have the option to opt in to HGV Max. If you made a purchase after April 4, 2022, you will automatically have access to HGV Max. For more questions, please fill out our Inquiry Form. Select “New Membership Info” from the subject drop-down menu and let us know you’re interested in HGV Max in the message section. One of our program experts will contact you with more details about your existing ownership and whether it qualifies for HGV Max benefits.

I own resale Points with Diamond Resorts. Am I eligible for the HGV Max program?
Resale Points are not eligible for HGV Max program benefits. However, there are other options for you to be able to access the new membership program. For more information, please fill out our Inquiry Form. Select “New Membership Info” from the subject drop-down menu and let us know you’re interested in HGV Max in the message section. One of our program experts will contact you with more details about your existing ownership and how you can access HGV Max benefits.

I’m a Member of The Club. If I join HGV Max, will I have access to the Embarc collection?
We are reviewing how to expand HGV Max to include Embarc collection properties. However, at this time, Embarc collection properties are not part of the HGV Max program.

Will HGV Max impact inventory availability for existing Members of The Club?
Your Home Collection and Home Resort Advantage reservation windows remain unchanged. HGV Max reservations may only be made six months or less prior to the check-out date. We always recommend booking as early as possible.

Is there a way to join HGV Max without making an additional timeshare purchase?
We are currently working on additional ways for Members to join HGV Max. For more information, please fill out our Inquiry Form. Select “New Membership Info” from the subject drop-down menu and let us know you’re interested in HGV Max in the message section. One of our program experts will contact you.
I’m an HGV Max Member. Why don’t I see any HGV resorts on the Diamond Club website?
We’re working on adding HGV properties to The Club website over the next couple of months. We will notify Club Members via email and on The Club website once properties are available for booking.

I’m an HGV Max Member. I see an HGV property online, but the website says it’s not bookable. When can I book?
We’re working on adding HGV properties to the Diamond Club website over the next couple of months. We will notify Club Members once properties are available for booking via email and on The Club website.
+ Request More Information
For additional information about HGV Max:
  • Fill out our Inquiry Form. Please be sure to select “New Membership Info” from the subject drop-down menu and let us know you’re interested in HGV Max in the message section. One of our program experts will contact you.

Last edited:

DRIless

Reaction score
The "Inquiry form" link at the end of message above takes members to a form on the "old" DRI web site.

Will my Member benefits as part of The Club go away if I don’t join HGV Max?
Your current Club membership will continue to exist, and you’ll continue to access the benefits associated with your membership, as noted in The Club documents.
*the management can change the benefits in the Club documents

Last edited:

DRIless

Reaction score
here's another thread under the HGVC forums posted an hour earlier from the other side's perspective.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
I'm just puzzled at your ability to predict an email that you say will be issued May 12, 2022; how can we be sure of it?

DRIless

Reaction score
I'm just puzzled at your ability to predict an email that you say will be issued May 12, 2022; how can we be sure of it?
Stay puzzled, I think you've taken too many pucks to the head !

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
Definitely true! Fyi i got the same email so was just yanking your typo chain :)

DRIless

Reaction score
Definitely true! Fyi i got the same email so was just yanking your typo chain :)
I know, it's amazing how many more replies are on the 'sister' HGVC thread. Now we have some replies, even though off topic.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The DRI owners i talked to while traveling this winter are not interested in upgrading to Hilton, they/I am assuming i can keep doing what I'm doing which I'm happy with.

RPP is gone, if they kill Club Solo i will be upset but so far it's under the radar.

Victory

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamond Resorts
here's another thread under the HGVC forums posted an hour earlier from the other side's perspective.

for HGVC members they're offering 7k + tax but for me they told me I've to buy extra points (min 4k) to join and it'll cost around 16k to move my existing 15k to HGV max (Total 19k). Not sure how they decide these and really not sure how this is going to beneficial.

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
What Are the Benefits?
HGV Max Members have immediate access to more than 80 resorts within The Club exchange network with complimentary reservations at these properties. The great features and benefits current Members enjoy today will stay in place, such as borrowing Points, depositing Points to Destination Xchange for immediate or future stays, and access to Travel-Related Member Benefits including cruises, guided journeys and special events under HGV Ultimate Access — our revamped experiences platform, formerly known as Events of a Lifetime.

Future benefits coming to HGV Max Members later in 2022 and beyond include
  • An Expanded Portfolio of more than 140 properties featuring access to Hilton Grand Vacations Club and Hilton Club resorts, starting six months or less before check-out.
I posted this in the HGVC forum, but it's pertinent to DRI: So they are keeping the Clubs separate (as expected based on the information so far). Outside of 6 months Diamond owners have access to DestinationXchange network, not HGVC exchange network (and vice versa). I still wonder what cross inventory Max gets access to within 6 months.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
We are Platinum DRI Members with Club Select/Club Combination. Not interested in HGV Max.

Hobokie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara (HGVC) + Worldmark
Borrow Points for use within the expanded portfolio of over 140 properties (fee applies).
Fees to borrow points…? We don’t have fees to borrow on the HGV side, only to save. Do you Diamond owners have to pay to borrow points?

DRIless

Reaction score
Fees to borrow points…? We don’t have fees to borrow on the HGV side, only to save. Do you Diamond owners have to pay to borrow points?
Not currently, but looks like it's coming.

Mowogo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview at Las Vegas; HGVC on Paradise; Bay Club at Waikoloa; Vacation Village Williamsburg; Sheraton Flex
That would be a new fee for HGVC too.