• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Interval Platinum Airport Lounge Membership ?

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
As an Interval Platinum member of Interval International (II) have you used the Airport Lounge Membership benefit ? What are your feelings about this benefit ?

melissy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe you still pay for each visit. Worthless at this point in time to people like me who are not flying at all at, especially overseas where the lounges are really nice and a lounge visit is worthwhile. Also, I would think that even domestic airport lounges would have limited benefits due to Covid,

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe you still pay for each visit. Worthless at this point in time to people like me who are not flying at all at, especially overseas where the lounges are really nice and a lounge visit is worthwhile. Also, I would think that even domestic airport lounges would have limited benefits due to Covid,
Thank you.

A.Win

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree this is mostly worthless. But if you happen to be near a great lounge, or if you have a very long layover, it might be worth the price of admission. The better version with FREE access is available for Amex Platinum or Chase Sapphire Preferred card holders. I suppose it isn't actually free since these 2 cards have hefty annual fees.

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
I agree with the Platinum card
I just recently got rid of ours but if used in normal times properly it can be worth the fee

I also was wondering if the II platinum level was worth it

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Not a fan of the lounges. Depends what they offer. One trip from SW Fla to Hawaii we had bad weather in Dallas and spent the night in LAX. We needed a place to sack out overnight. Oh no, the lounge closes at 11:00. Pick a chair out on the floor. What good is that? What a nightmare, not what I expected. Give me a place to sack out. These lounges need to be open all night, and offer bunks for people like us that get stuck overnight. American said they would accommodate people from NYC to LAX, but not me. I was travelling from SW Fla to Hawaii! Why didn't I get the same consideration, flying almost twice as far ?

Last edited:

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
I think that most of the lounges have been decent for us but also think that the more clubs or cards that become part of their group the more it will end up being more like having a breakfast bump at the daycare center

We had that a few times. Kids running everywhere like they were at Wally World

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Not looking for a hotel, just a lounge open all night with some recliners. Having been stuck overnight due to bad weather, I'd be happy in my lounge in a recliner rather than trying to sleep in one of the gate chairs or on the floor as so many do. It happens often enough to not be an unreasonable expectation. Membership isn't free.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Does this get access to Escape Lounges or just Priority Pass?

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
Not to Hijack but we recently bought from HICV a small II unit or points that gives us Gold II membership

Is there any other reason to upgrade than the lounge thing?

KProuty

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have platinum, for now.

$50 Discounts on getaways. Is gold $25?

5 free guest certificates a year
*used to be unlimited guest certificates.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
The value of the various lounge benefits vary a lot depending on your personal travel patterns. I have Priority Pass with a few of my credit cards, and usually have access to the United clubs via membership or passes. The United lounges work great if your flying on United, and at a bigger airport.

With something like Priority Pass, you need to check if they have lounges at the airports you plan to use, and even then the lounges really only work if they are near the gates your airline uses. Having access to something that is in a different terminal won't be of much use unless you have lots of extra time.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
We have a Priority Pass membership through one of our CC's. For travel within the continental US, it's worthless. The majority of lounges appear to be in overseas airports. On our most recent trip through Atlanta, Priority Pass had nothing to offer so we ended up in Delta's lounge.

If it wasn't an included benefit I'd never pay extra for it.

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
I have 2 Priority-Pass Accounts.
  • BASIC Offered by Interval: Costs $27/Visit for myself + $27 for each guest.
  • SELECT Offered by Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant: $0 for myself + $0 for 2 additional guests.

The Bonvoy Brilliant card comes with a $450 Annual-Fee [$300 credited when we pay our Marriott/Vistana MF].
Additional Benefits
  • TSA-Pre $100-Credit every 4-Years.
  • $100-Off St. Regis/Ritz Carlton reservations.
  • Marriott GOLD Elite Status
  • Marriott 15 Elite-Nights Credits Each Year
  • Marriott 1-Night-Stay Certificate [valid at 50K Bonvoy]
  • Marriott 6-Bonvoy Points/$ [recently received 10-Points/$ with promos]
    • This year alone we received over 200K Bonvoy for paying our MF.
We have used the Priority-Pass lounges all over the US, Mexico, Caribbean, Asia, Europe and more.
Since the Brilliant card Priority-Pass alone is so good I referred my wife and 2 kids [each received 125K Bonvoy and each receive GOLD Elite-Status].
I am Bonvoy-Titanium as long as I own our Marriott TS [Chairman's]. Wife is Bonvoy-Platinum as long as she owns our Vistana TS [5-Star].
2-Kids are Bonvoy-Platinum for 1 year [until 2022] as part of the enrollment promotion.
Since each card comes with its own Priority-Pass membership we can take a total of 12 people free.
With 4 cards we receive $1200 credited back each year in MF.
Although we have Delta Executive membership, many airports we travel to don't have Delta [or Member] lounges.

We have II-Platinum for the lower Size-Upgrade fees.
We did not upgrade our II-Membership for the Priority-Pass as we have never found value in that.

Last edited:

barco13

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Realize this thread is a bit old, but I thought I'd roll the dice. I've been a II Platinum member for awhile, but haven't really been traveling enough to think about the Priority Pass membership. Anyway, I am going to be traveling through Denver, but it only appears there is a restaurant (Sweetwater Mountain Taphouse) that is listed in Priority Pass. If I'm following correctly per the below, I would pay $32 to receive a $28 dining credit? The below is the charge per visit from Priority Pass & the Taphouse info on Priority Pass indicates a $28 credit with membership. So I guess I won't use it :) , but I am bound to find a lounge at some point this year!

• All member or guest visits will be charged directly to the payment card associated with your account at a rate of US$32 per person per visit.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
new to interval- can anyone tell me where I find the pin?

DRIless

Reaction score
Realize this thread is a bit old, but I thought I'd roll the dice. I've been a II Platinum member for awhile, but haven't really been traveling enough to think about the Priority Pass membership. Anyway, I am going to be traveling through Denver, but it only appears there is a restaurant (Sweetwater Mountain Taphouse) that is listed in Priority Pass. If I'm following correctly per the below, I would pay $32 to receive a $28 dining credit? The below is the charge per visit from Priority Pass & the Taphouse info on Priority Pass indicates a $28 credit with membership. So I guess I won't use it :) , but I am bound to find a lounge at some point this year!

• All member or guest visits will be charged directly to the payment card associated with your account at a rate of US$32 per person per visit.

I agree this is mostly worthless. But if you happen to be near a great lounge, or if you have a very long layover, it might be worth the price of admission. The better version with FREE access is available for Amex Platinum or Chase Sapphire Preferred card holders. I suppose it isn't actually free since these 2 cards have hefty annual fees.
I was disappointed when in JFK one of the perks of the Priority Pass in the terminal I was in was $30 credit at one of the concourse restaurants. I had used this in Cleveland once, This time I was told that this perk didn't come with the AMEX Platinum version of Priority Pass now.

barco13

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would gladly pay $32 on a long layover. Probably won't be using for the dining credit option it seems.

Bunk

TUG Member
Reaction score

I don’t believe this is accurate. If you have a priority pass through interval international and you go to a restaurant I understand that you get a $28 voucher at no cost. It doesn’t make any sense to pay $32 to get a $28 voucher. If you have priority pass through interval international and you go to a lounge it costs you $32 per person.

If you have priority pass through American Express, the lounge does not cost any money but the restaurant voucher is not available