• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Interval International

tmoscola

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just joined Interval Internation in hopes of scoring a nice getaway for Dec. I need some help with the getaways. I understand they have a limited number of choices, but how often do they update them? Everyday, once a week? How come I can't get the search feature to look for additional dates or certain resorts? I am getting an error message. Does that mean I am doing something wrong or that nothing is available?

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Getaways, like exchange inventory, are updated whenever II decides to add more. That can be any time of the day or night. However, your best bet is to search very, very early in the day (e.g., 5:00 a.m. Eastern time).

If you don't see what you want when you have performed a specific search, use your browser's "Refresh" feature, which will occasionally (rarely?) show additional weeks. But other than that, there likely isn't more inventory for a specific geographic area that what your initial search shows.

If you are searching for the holiday weeks in December, you probably won't find much.

Werner Weiss

TUG Member
Reaction score
How come I can't get the search feature to look for additional dates or certain resorts? I am getting an error message. Does that mean I am doing something wrong or that nothing is available?
The Getaways are a different inventory than exchange weeks.

Essentially, the Getaways are surplus weeks that II buys from developers and rents out to II members. You should see what's available in Getaway inventory, regardless of what you own.

If there are website functions that don't work, such as buttons that behave in unpredictable ways, you need to try a different browser (such as Firefox instead of IE for Windows or Safari for Mac). If it still doesn't work right, then you need to call II Internet tech support.

But if it's just matter of not seeing the resorts or dates that you hope to see, it's because those weeks aren't being rented out through the Getaways program.

Swice

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Think of Getaways as

Think of Getaways as "leftovers."

...extra inventory not being used for whatever reason (slow travel time of the year, schools in session, etc).

Some nice "finds" are there there-- just not during peak travel times.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I bought several getaways this year. I find that they don't tend to add new dates or resorts often. Selection ususally dwindles. They are weeks obtained from developer inventory and just inventory overruns. You will probably see more weeks in getaways over the next year due to more people depositing and fewer people requesting exchanges.

applegirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I find that about 3 months prior to your travel is when selection and prices are pretty decent.

You could probably still score a getaway in Palm Springs for early December.

Janna

Kola

TUG Member
Reaction score
Think of Getaways as "leftovers."

Some nice "finds" are there there-- just not during peak travel times.

Some nice finds are there, that's for sure. Sometimes even in peak demand time. Example: just a few days ago I noticed a rare Getaway: Marriott's at Seaview, July 18 -25, 2009 Couldn't ask for a better time ! It may still be there.... keep checking.

K.