• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Interval International

mbstn6254

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mariott Vacation Club
I don't quite understand what this is. I assume it is a way to expand our resort choices by using points to vacation in places that MVC isn't available. I also see they have different memberships gold and platinum. Are these worth the extra cost?

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
II is an exchange company where Marriott weeks owners exchange to other resorts- including other mvc resorts since Marriott does not have an internal mechanism for weeks exchange.
Points owners can exchange to non Marriott resorts only using II.
Your DC dues comes with a basic membership. Upgrading gets you discounts on the purchase of getaway weeks and some fees and also access to some other II features like short stay and hotel exchanges.

Last edited:

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
As you pointed out in your opening post, MVC Points owners/users can also use their points to exchange into non-MVC resorts. I have only seen a couple points users post that they have used this option, so I don't think it is utilized much, at least among TUGgers. As for is the gold and platinum upgrades being worth it, assuming I am correct and you are a points owner, I think that depends on if you plan to purchase getaways (which are less expensive additional weeks you can rent via II) or want to add guest certificates to your II exchanges and/or getaways.

Here is a link to a guide on using MVC Points in II.

Last edited:

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
... I also see they have different memberships gold and platinum. Are these worth the extra cost?

The primary benefits of gold or platinum include:
- reduced cost for unit size upgrade for weeks owners or people who deposited a week.
- free guest certificates (including at non-Marriott timeshares)
- access to short-stay exchange (I don't know how this works with M. points owners). But for a week's owner, you deposit and can get 2 two to six day exchanges. That is you can get up to 12 days in 2 segments. Locations are a little limited to higher availability locations.
- access to some other minor things that aren't worth mentioning IMHO. Go to ii and look at "Benefits"

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I get about $100/year value out of the Entertainment benefit, and, I enjoy the priority pass ability when traveling overseas esp. so, a couple more that could be useful to you. It easily pays for itself the way we use interval, it may or may not for you.

DanO

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received 50% off to renew Platinum Interval membership for my Destinations Marriott Account, but I also have a Marriott GV week in my original pre Destination account that's up for Platinum renewal anyone have any codes to get 50% off ?