• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Interval International Points System

dundey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - BLT & WLV, Cliff Club, Bolton Valley, Morritt's, Sudwala
I received an interesting offer from one of the timeshare resorts we own at, to buy another week and get II points membership for life.
It looks like a decent deal, but I have no experience with the II points system.

Any thoughts on the program would be appreciated!

winnipiseogee

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've had it for a few years now. I've yet to see any material benefits. Pooling points would be nice if there were attractive 3br or high end properties available but I haven't seen any. It might just be that with the stong economy of the last few years there was so much demand that it would have been hard to get matches with or without the points system. Either way I've got about 2.5 years of points sitting in my account right now because I haven't found anything good to use them on. One interesting note is that Grand Luxxe does not allow people to trade into their properties using Interval points exactly because they don't want people pooling. I've traded into GL but had to convert my week into an II week instead of points to do it

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
Maybe, but I have RCI Points where pooling is easy as well. If you pay RCI the nominal amount for a platinum account, there is a fair amount of Grande Luxxe inventory .... if a 1BR meets your needs.

I do not have exposure to II points yet, but to me the advantage of a points program is not access to great resorts, but access to “good enough” resorts around me for extended weekends. I have a young family, work schedules, and school calendars to work around. When we take a nice vacation for a week, that is great ... but not something points helps us with.

One interesting note is that Grand Luxxe does not allow people to trade into their properties using Interval points exactly because they don't want people pooling. I've traded into GL but had to convert my week into an II week instead of points to do it

winnipiseogee

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've got RCI points as well. RCI seems to be much more conducive to shorter than a week trips. Interval points doesn't have as much inventory for anything other than one week trips (probably because RCI points has tons of users and very few people use II points. Its largely all II weeks that you can pay for with points).

Bernie8245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've got 3 different Interval points accounts: a 400,000 points every year, a 221,000 points every even year, and a 175,500 points every odd year. Last year we stayed 12 weeks in Interval International resorts and 4 weeks in a VRBO in Orange Beach, Alabama. We've only been gone 8 weeks so far this year with the Covid-19 scare. We've got 2 weeks booked at Marriott's Legend Edge the last week of September and the first week of October but the way things are looking, we might end up cancelling those weeks.

dundey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - BLT & WLV, Cliff Club, Bolton Valley, Morritt's, Sudwala
Thanks all for the feedback. Trying to make a decision!

Bernie8245

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've got RCI points as well. RCI seems to be much more conducive to shorter than a week trips. Interval points doesn't have as much inventory for anything other than one week trips (probably because RCI points has tons of users and very few people use II points. Its largely all II weeks that you can pay for with points).
I have Interval points and have used short stays(2 to 6 nights) nights several times

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
It sucks and it’s expensive IMHO. We have one week in their points program. Straight up exchanges would get at least a one bedroom and a studio. With points I can get a lessor quality 1 bedroom but not enough left over points for a studio. Very limited short stay availability.
it sounds good, but I’d never do it again.