• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

PhotoGrow

Reaction score
I’m wanting to join Platinum, but really ONLY FOR THIS BENEFIT!!

Has anyone used this benefit at airports?

Does it allow access to international airports?

Are there any lounges to which you have been denied?

Does it let you go in regardless of what airline your flying that day?

How many people do they allow in with your one membership? Yourself and a guest? More?

Any issues/tricks/things we should know?

Thank you!

A.Win

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thru Interval, this benefit is for the low tier membership to Priority Pass. You still need to pay a large fee to enter the lounges. In other words, this perk has close to 0 value for most people. If you want the real membership, get a credit card that has this perk. The card will come with high annual fees and other perks as well. I personally have Chase Sapphire and Amex Platinum.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Thank you for that. It’s very misleading then…
It is misleading. You have to pay at least $27 per person with the II membership.

The Sapphire Reserve Chase credit card may have a hefty fee, but $300 back after you spend anything on travel, and the Priority Pass Select membership, which gets you and two guests into the lounges and restaurants. No fees upon entry of the lounge.

TheHappyWanderer

TUG Member
Reaction score
I tried to use my II Priority Pass membership once at PDX and I was going to have to pay $32 for food they valued at $29. It may have some value at other airports but I would not recommend joining II Platinum just for Priority Pass.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Platinum is best used for discounted upgrades in unit sizes for exchange and for guest certificates.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
We have an upgraded version of Priority Pass thru one of our AmEx cards and have had if for approx 3 years. Most of the lounges seem to be in international terminals, which is generally inconvenient if most of the flying you do is US domestic flights. We’ve used it all of once on DFW and that wasn’t really a lounge. It was essentially a quiet room and we were only allowed a short period of time. IMHO it was no big deal except it kept us out of the terminal when masking was mandatory. It was nice to be able to sit somewhere quiet without our masks on.

It looks like it would be of some value if you travel overseas frequently as that appears to be where the majority of true, decent lounges are located. IMHO, this benefit, whether it’s thru II or a credit card, is not reason enough to pay extra. There needs to be another reason to upgrade. Personally, I’d be looking at one of the AmEx cards that gives the holder use of their Centurion Lounges before looking at one that offers PP, but we fly mostly domestics US routes, and I really have to looked at the location of the AmEx lounges to judge how the value would play out for us. Most of our layovers are short enough the member lounges aren’t even a consideration for us. Most times were lucky to have enough time to go to the bathroom and grab a quick sandwich. The lounges just are an option.

Last edited:

PhotoGrow

Reaction score
I tried to use my II Priority Pass membership once at PDX and I was going to have to pay $32 for food they valued at $29. It may have some value at other airports but I would not recommend joining II Platinum just for Priority Pass.
Okay, thank you for your help!

PhotoGrow

Reaction score
We have an upgraded version of Priority Pass thru one of our AmEx cards and have had if for approx 3 years. Most of the lounges seem to be in international terminals, which is generally inconvenient if most of the flying you do is US domestic flights. We’ve used it all of once on DFW and that wasn’t really a lounge. It was essentially a quiet room and we were only allowed a short period of time. IMHO it was no big deal except it kept us out of the terminal when masking was mandatory. It was nice to be able to sit somewhere quiet without our masks on.

It looks like it would be of some value if you travel overseas frequently as that appears to be where the majority of true, decent lounges are located. IMHO, this benefit, whether it’s thru II or a credit card, is not reason enough to pay extra. There needs to be another reason to upgrade. Personally, I’d be looking at one of the AmEx cards that gives the holder use of their Centurion Lounges before looking at one that offers PP, but we fly mostly domestics US routes, and I really have to looked at the location of the AmEx lounges to judge how the value would play out for us. Most of our layovers are short enough the member lounges aren’t even a consideration for us. Most times were lucky to have enough time to go to the bathroom and grab a quick sandwich. The lounges just are an option.
Hmmm… thank you for that. I need to analyze my usage…. Thank you

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Eh sit at a bar and buy a glass of wine and a burger and you’ll pay less than you would each visit to these lounges.board your plane, eat your peanuts and get home safely…. These memberships aren’t worth it unless you’re an airport warrior

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@dougp26364, the lounges that we have visited have been extremely nice, and some years we have visited 6-7. SJC has an excellent lounge, so does SEA, and Denver has a restaurant that is okay, if you get there in plenty of time. The one we enjoyed before in Concourse C stopped as a Priority Pass lounge, but one opened in B, at the very end of the concourse. It's a brewery/ bar restaurant, but they even have to-go choices, which can be helpful for long flights. They had sandwiches and chef salads available in to-go containers, plus bottled water. So even if you don't have time, you can get something to go in minutes. SFO has a couple of good restaurants. We also enjoyed one at LAX, which was Alaska's Board Room, but they do allow PP members on a space-available basis.

Orlando has some good ones, but I haven't been because we almost always neglect to allow the time to visit. Our son and daughter-in-law are determined for October. We will see.

Maui's is the same kind of thing you described, a quiet place to sit with soft drinks, coffee and tea and little packages of snacks like you get on the flights with Hawaiian because it's basically Hawaiian's lounge.

I like flying first class with Alaska because you get that lounge access ahead of anyone else, where they have the lounges. PDX's was very nice.