• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Interval international membership. Without timeshare ?

sathebull

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello

I am new member to tug. I wanted to ask what is the best way to be able to be a member of interval international without owning a timeshare ( I have RCI membership and I use it to buy the extra vacation /last minute deal) I would like to do the same thing with Interval international.

I have called ii and the told me I have to be A current owner of on of their affiliated resort before I can be a member .?

my questions
1- is there anyway around it to be a member without buying a timeshare .?
2- if I have to buy a timeshare ( most likely I won’t use it so it doesn’t matter where its at) which one is currently has the lowest purchase price and lowest maintenance fees ? I looked at The listed timeshare on bargain basement but I could not figure out which ones would be affiliated with ii. ?
3- is interval international resorts better than RCI. to be worth going through the ownership of a timeshare just to be a member ?

areas of travel , colorado and Utah for skiing, Florida and California for summer fun.

any advice is much appreciated

thank you

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
You can buy a timeshare, sign up with II and then resell the week. As long as you keep paying the annual MF, they won't care. Just make sure it is a timeshare that you have to get an individual II membership for and not one where the timeshare company pays for your membership. A Marriott week would work in this example and should be an easy enough flip. You might even be able to get one for free and give it away for free. You may be on the hook for a year of MFs depending on timing of the buy and sell.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
It sounds like you may have been to a recent timeshare presentation. Exchange companies like RCI and II aren't chopped full of prime time vacations at low prices. If they do have getaways for Beaches and ski locations expect to pay a premium. If you are very flexible and/or love to travel to places like Orlando and Vegas regularly or can travel in the off season and want a nice beach in the 50's-60's when its in the 30's in lots of places.

Timeshare sales try to make it sound like timeshares work for everyone, when in reality they really only work well for a fairly small group. There are hundreds of thousands of owners who timeshares don't work for.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
@dioxide45 gives you good advice on the "how to". @tschwa2 reminds you of exchange company limitations.

My add-on here is that the availability you currently see for Interval Getaways is anomalous; covid has unfortunately created lots of short term inventory at good resorts. Do not buy with the expectation that this will continue.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Probably a good way is to buy a free Vistana trader. Sometimes they even come with free current year usage. You can open the Interval account and deposit your free week if that's the case then use the free Vistana buyback program. Interval will never know (or pretend to not know) you are no longer an owner and can keep the membership. Just make sure Vistana does take back what you are buying before doing it, there is a TUG thread about that.
For this to work the resort should be voluntary. SDO and SVR would do

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Not sure, it MUST be voluntary. I don't think a Vistana paid for account that comes with mandatory would work.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
deleted

Last edited:

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure, it MUST be voluntary. I don't think a Vistana paid for account that comes with mandatory would work.
I am confused, this is why I said it should be voluntary (not mandatory). If it was a mandatory resort, the Interval account would be paid by Vistana part of the VSN fee so Interval would be notified when the ownership is sold.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I am confused, this is why I said it should be voluntary (not mandatory). If it was a mandatory resort, the Interval account would be paid by Vistana part of the VSN fee so Interval would be notified when the ownership is sold.
"Should" just seemed a little loose IMO. Kind of left it open to well, should or should not. Guess a terminology thing for me.

sathebull

TUG Member
Reaction score
Probably a good way is to buy a free Vistana trader. Sometimes they even come with free current year usage. You can open the Interval account and deposit your free week if that's the case then use the free Vistana buyback program. Interval will never know (or pretend to not know) you are no longer an owner and can keep the membership. Just make sure Vistana does take back what you are buying before doing it, there is a TUG thread about that.
@DannyTS ,thank you for the Idea. how can i look for /buy the vistana TS for sale ? where do you think i should i start ?

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
@DannyTS ,thank you for the Idea. how can i look for /buy the vistana TS for sale ? where do you think i should i start ?
Redweek, TUG market, Ebay, various Fb Vistana owners groups. You have to know, the offer has been low lately for a number of reasons

dustenm

Reaction score
Hello

I am new member to tug. I wanted to ask what is the best way to be able to be a member of interval international without owning a timeshare ( I have RCI membership and I use it to buy the extra vacation /last minute deal) I would like to do the same thing with Interval international.

I have called ii and the told me I have to be A current owner of on of their affiliated resort before I can be a member .?

my questions
1- is there anyway around it to be a member without buying a timeshare .?
2- if I have to buy a timeshare ( most likely I won’t use it so it doesn’t matter where its at) which one is currently has the lowest purchase price and lowest maintenance fees ? I looked at The listed timeshare on bargain basement but I could not figure out which ones would be affiliated with ii. ?
3- is interval international resorts better than RCI. to be worth going through the ownership of a timeshare just to be a member ?

areas of travel , colorado and Utah for skiing, Florida and California for summer fun.

any advice is much appreciated

thank you

If you want access to interval extra vacation weeks all you need is a planet fitness membership. They give you access to leisure time passport with their black card membership & leisure time passport is owned by interval & allows non owners to buy extra vacation weeks for $379

Here is a link to the info https://www.planetfitness.com/travelperks

sathebull

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you want access to interval extra vacation weeks all you need is a planet fitness membership. They give you access to leisure time passport with their black card membership & leisure time passport is owned by interval & allows non owners to buy extra vacation weeks for $379

Here is a link to the info https://www.planetfitness.com/travelperks
That sounds exactly. What I am looking for. Thank you for the advice. I am going to try it out and buy plant fitness membership.