• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Interval International Getaways - How to get the best deal?

MissRumphius

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
In my experience the very best deals on getaways are last minute.

Are there any other time windows to consider?

Seems like I remember getting a really good price a couple of years ago during an II "getaway sale". Are getaway sales a regular promotion?

I'm thinking of traveling thru the Branson area in the fall and there are some good getaway prices. That said a lot can happen in 6+ months. Is it worth rolling the dice now on a cheap nonrefundable getaway or will good rates likely be available for a while?

Monykalyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
I played "chicken" with a couple weeks in Cancun-they were regular price, then a "sale" and then the prices dropped almost in half!
If you found a good deal you can live with-go for it.
I also got a week in July for a 3 bedroom at Marriott Grand Chateau for a good rate (splitting it with a group). And thinking of snagging an Orlando one for when we take the kid back to UCF-trying to save some of our regular weeks for a big Hawaii trip in 2022-If I can get a week for less or equal to what I pay for an exhange + MF-why not do it?

My only caution with Branson is fall will be likely be slow again-and the market is way overbuilt so sometimes renting direct can be cheaper and easier to cancel/refund. Check on Orbitz/expedia too.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I have so far not determined a specific pattern. The best deals aren't always last minute and you may find good deals pretty far out. I have determined when you see a price jump that a getaway sale is around the corner. The prices jumped earlier this week on a number of resorts we were watching, so I suspect a sale soon.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I have so far not determined a specific pattern. The best deals aren't always last minute and you may find good deals pretty far out. I have determined when you see a price jump that a getaway sale is around the corner. The prices jumped earlier this week on a number of resorts we were watching, so I suspect a sale soon.
I noticed a 50 dollar increase at WLR for 4th of July week. Maybe a “luck of the Irish” St Patrick’s day flash sale? I can see a getaway at the end of the rainbow

MissRumphius

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Thanks all - I went ahead and booked Marriott Willow Springs Branson in October at $450 for the week. Now just hoping that life doesn't intervene!!

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
My thought, if it is a good price (like $450 for a week at Marriott mentioned above) just do it. No reason to hold out just "in case" it may be $50 cheaper. Take the sure thing.

I do wish II would offer some sort of graduated refund on these like RCI with Extra Vacations though....

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
My thought, if it is a good price (like $450 for a week at Marriott mentioned above) just do it. No reason to hold out just "in case" it may be $50 cheaper. Take the sure thing.

I do wish II would offer some sort of graduated refund on these like RCI with Extra Vacations though....
^^^ This. As they say in the project world, don't let perfect be the enemy of good.