• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Interval International Getaways Friends & Family Programme

pendarves

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me the fundamental difference between Condo Direct's Interval International Getaways Friends & Family Programme:

https://friendsandfamily.condodirect.com/web/cs?a=5&clubCode=interval-internet

And Interval's Getaways booked through Intervalworld.com?

We have booked many weeks at MVCI resorts for friends and family through the Condo Direct site over the years, with plenty of availability at MVCI resorts (at prices much cheaper than MF for that resort), but since September this year they have all disappeared. I understand that I am not allowed to book Getaways through IntervalWorld for friends and family (or risk account suspension)?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
We have booked many weeks at MVCI resorts for friends and family through the Condo Direct site over the years, with plenty of availability at MVCI resorts (at prices much cheaper than MF for that resort), but since September this year they have all disappeared. I understand that I am not allowed to book Getaways through IntervalWorld for friends and family (or risk account suspension)?

You can book getaways through Interval for friends and family, but you need to purchase a guest certificate. What you can't do is sell them the getaways you book. So you can "gift" them a getaway or even have them pay Interval directly with their credit cards, they just can't pay you for a getaway even if it is reimbursing you what you paid. In reality II isn't going to know if they privately reimburse you or not. The really big no no is advertising getaways or exchanges for rent. Interval does look for this and will suspend your account. Even if they miss it you would be renting to strangers that may end up complaining about something and how they rented the unit and that could get you in trouble as well.

pendarves

Reaction score
How much is a guest certificate? A friend is a Platinum II member, and gets access to more Getaways at cheaper prices (I think), if they were to book Getaways for us (no commercial gain) would that be against the rules?

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Can someone explain to me the fundamental difference between Condo Direct's Interval International Getaways Friends & Family Programme:

https://friendsandfamily.condodirect.com/web/cs?a=5&clubCode=interval-internet

And Interval's Getaways booked through Intervalworld.com?

Wow, I’ve never heard of this program. Thanks for sharing.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did not know about that site either. Thank you for sharing. I checked the availability for the next year in Orlando both on friendsandfamily and the II getaways.

1) Friends and family seems to be a bit more expensive, about 90 dollars when comparing with the regular getaways (not platinum)
2) the available weeks seem to coincide for the resorts that you can find in both
3) Friends and family does not list any Marriott or Vistana but you can find many getaways on Interval.

Is this a temporary situation and the Marriott and Vistana weeks will come back? I do not know but it is possible that after the takeover, MVC does not allow Interval to list cheap rentals to the general public since it hurts both its rental and sales business. Just my thoughts.

pendarves

Reaction score
No worries, just sorry it's not as juicy as it was 3 months ago (paid £400 for a 2 bed @ Marriott's Marbella Beach Resort over Easter weekend earlier this year!)

pendarves

Reaction score
I did not know about that site either. I checked the availability both on friendsandfamily and the getaways availability in Orlando for the next year.

1) Friends and family seems to be a bit more expensive, about 90 dollars when comparing with the regular getaways (not platinum)
2) the dates seem to coincide for the resorts that you can find in both
3) Friends and family does not list any Marriott or Vistana but you can find many getaways on Interval.

Is this a temporary situation and the Marriott and Vistana weeks will come back? I do not know but it is possible that after the takeover, MVC does not allow Interval to list cheap rentals to the general public since it hurts both its rental and sales business. Just my thoughts.

The timing of the MVCI and Vistana resorts disappearing from the F&F programme does coincide perfectly with the merger. Doesn't Marriott own II? I agree that it would hurt their sales, but they've been 'hurting' themselves for the past 7-8 years (that I know of). I asked II why the 'better' resorts had disappeared, and they just gave me the default supply/demand answer.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
The timing of the MVCI and Vistana resorts disappearing from the F&F programme does coincide perfectly with the merger. Doesn't Marriott own II? I agree that it would hurt their sales, but they've been 'hurting' themselves for the past 7-8 years (that I know of). I asked II why the 'better' resorts had disappeared, and they just gave me the default supply/demand answer.
MVC now owns Interval. Yes, it was hurting their business but they had no control before over what Interval was renting, i guess.

If this is the new Interval policy, I expect the MVC and Vistana owners to be happy about it especially those who rent out their weeks sometimes. Who wants cheap competition? I am not sure though how popular this site is, it looks like not many people heard about it.

Last edited:

pendarves

Reaction score
MVC now owns Interval. Yes, it was hurting their business but they had no control before over what Interval was renting, i guess.

If this is the new Interval policy, I expect the MVC and Vistana owners to be happy about it especially those who rent out their weeks sometimes. Who wants cheap competition? I am not sure though how popular this site is, it looks like not many people heard about it.

I agree. When did MVC acquire II exactly?

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score