• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Interval International, Eplus, Flexchange and points refund question

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you book a two BR in International Interval and used 10,000 Worldmark points, and buy EPlus, can you rebook with your Eplus to another II resort during FLEXCHANGE and only use only 4000 points?

Will they refund the additional 6000 points?

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you book a two BR in International Interval and used 10,000 Worldmark points, and buy EPlus, can you rebook with your Eplus to another II resort during FLEXCHANGE and only use only 4000 points?

Will they refund the additional 6000 points?

Yes, they will charge 4K and refund the 10K. Make sure to keep an eye on WM account to see the 10K being credited.

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
For the past 2 years, I've always had to call to get my credits back after a re-trade, regardless of whether a flexchange or not.

chemteach

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
For the past 2 years, I've always had to call to get my credits back after a re-trade, regardless of whether a flexchange or not.
Same here - it's not easy to get hold of someone who knows how to deal with the worldmark/II points situation...

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
EPlus is awful with WorldMark.
WorldMark and II are both aware but nothing is being done to resolve it. I’ve tried depositing into II to get around this issue but the trading power of the deposited week is a crapshoot.

Before Covid, the WM owner care reps had to reach out to the one person in their department that was responsible for all investigations and manual II adjustments. If that person was sick or out on vacation, you simply had to wait until he/she returned.

There are lots of old threads on the topic.

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for this information. I am on hold again right now with Worldmark for either the 4th or 5th time trying to resolve an EPlus problem. I doubt I will ever trade Worldmark into II again , this whole experience has left a sour taste in my mouth. It really should not be this complicated.

I wish I would have started documenting call dates and call wait times since the start of this whole ordeal. Right now I am on 39 minutes with this current call.

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
63 minutes on hold and on the phone with Worldmark. Part of my issue is WM took a Housekeeping token and then are charging me for another token after I did an EPlus trade using II. They did not refund the original token. Seems like DaveNV had the same problem. After arguing with me that there was nothing Worldmark could do for me, and it was all on II's part, the CS agent finally offered to fill out a form doing a "housekeeping token investigation" or something to that effect. It will take 5-7 days. Out of frustration and because I wanted to utilize my account, I paid the amount due on my account after the CS agent assured me I would get the housekeeping token money back if they found I was charged in error. Only to find out it will take up to seven days to unlock my account after paying today.

Part of this is my fault. I started dealing with this and another issue pertaining to this trade before Christmas. I kept getting frustrated after being on hold for so long with both II and WM and being shunted around, that I had to walk away for awhile and come back. I should have been more persistent. ( And I should have bought Amazon stock five years ago too. :sneaky: ) But with getting ready for family coming and staying for Christmas, that was not a priority at the time. Live and learn. TUG certainly helps me learn !

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
63 minutes on hold and on the phone with Worldmark. Part of my issue is WM took a Housekeeping token and then are charging me for another token after I did an EPlus trade using II. They did not refund the original token. Seems like DaveNV had the same problem. After arguing with me that there was nothing Worldmark could do for me, and it was all on II's part, the CS agent finally offered to fill out a form doing a "housekeeping token investigation" or something to that effect. It will take 5-7 days. Out of frustration and because I wanted to utilize my account, I paid the amount due on my account after the CS agent assured me I would get the housekeeping token money back if they found I was charged in error. Only to find out it will take up to seven days to unlock my account after paying today.

I just checked my WM account after reading what you've been through. It would seem they've taken new credits for the Retrade I did the other day. So I guess I need to contact WM myself, and go through the refunding process again. I hope I get a faster response than you did. At least this time around I know what's going on.

Fun times! ;)

Dave

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
A housekeeping token has been redeposited in my account. Now I need to see if my money was refunded for being charged for the housekeeping token that was not needed. I'm not sure if this is worth dealing with anymore. I would be hard pressed to trade WM into II ever again.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
A housekeeping token has been redeposited in my account. Now I need to see if my money was refunded for being charged for the housekeeping token that was not needed. I'm not sure if this is worth dealing with anymore. I would be hard pressed to trade WM into II ever again.
If you do use WM with II again, use it for reservations that you’re less likely to change.

exyeh

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, alwysonvac

You said:
Before Covid, the WM owner care reps had to reach out to the one person in their department that was responsible for all investigations and manual II adjustments. If that person was sick or out on vacation, you simply had to wait until he/she returned.

May I ask if this person is relocate from Seattle office to the new wm office (since the Sealttle office closed)??
The person worked on the refund of the credits due to II trade hold my refund every time, sometimes for 4 months before the relocation. Is this the same person?

exyeh

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I do want to do deposit first instead of request first. That sure will save all the trouble, but I have two 9k & 10k deposit first weeks in the account now. There is no way these will get what I want now. while I have a request first and confirmed for only 4k last month.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
May I ask if this person is relocate from Seattle office to the new wm office (since the Sealttle office closed)??
The person worked on the refund of the credits due to II trade hold my refund every time, sometimes for 4 months before the relocation. Is this the same person?
Hi @exyeh,

The last time I dealt with WM ePlus issues was several years ago.
I simply try to avoid ePlus with WM request first. However I did make an ePlus booking last year to allow for late adjustments due to COVID-19. :(

I do want to do deposit first instead of request first. That sure will save all the trouble, but I have two 9k & 10k deposit first weeks in the account now. There is no way these will get what I want now. while I have a request first and confirmed for only 4k last month.
Yeah, I have two deposited first weeks with a similar issue. :rolleyes:

Under normal circumstances, I would simply make a WM request first booking and never change my II reservation again. But since we cutback travel due to COVID-19, I used deposit first for my expiring credits to avoid the ePlus nightmare with WM.