• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Interesting Scam email on Vidanta Resort Fees

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Here's an interesting scam email I got from a fake URL email address similar to Vidanta (I changed the phone numbers from the ones in the email; hopefully it doesn't bother Jenny too much - spelling, etc., as it was in the email). Don't be fooled by one of these!

Contact us, we are here for you! Having problems viewing this email? clic here
page1image4968
page1image5128

page1image5296

PREPAYING YOUR RESORT FEE IS A WONDERFUL IDEA!
page1image6296

page2image920
page2image1088

DON ́T MISS THIS OPPORTUNITY CONTACT US TODAY
FROM USA or CANADA
844 867 5309
FROM THE UK
808 867 5309
This email is only informative, and in no way intended or nor may it be construed as, an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy lodging rights or any other product or service, and may not be construed to modify or become part of any contract of lodging rights and services or any other contract, this email is addressed to the recipient user, and it was sent from an email that does not receive messages. Vidanta, its affiliates and/or subsidiaries, are only responsible for compliance with the provision of the services included in the benefits promoted through the reservation program; for which its affiliates and / or subsidiaries do not acquire any type of obligation or responsibility in the quality and fulfillment of the rights and obligations that the client acquires for the payment of the Resort Fee.
Looking for your protection, we inform you that we do not collect personal data or update them through this means. Your privacy and the security of your personal data are very important to us. You can find more information about the treatment we give to your personal data or your rights in regards of your personal data; you can consult our privacy policy on the website www.vidanta.com in the Privacy notice section. All names and trademarks mentioned are intellectual property, are used under prior authorization or licenses. Any matter related to the provision of the services provided directly by Vidanta, its affiliates and/or subsidiaries, will be governed by applicable Mexican laws and the courts of Guadalajara, Jalisco Mexico, will have exclusive jurisdiction.

Attachments

• 1595341115823.png
    1595341115823.png
    22.6 KB · Views: 15

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Got this response from Vidanta Customer Service to my email regarding the above:

Thank you for your email. Please note that this communication was not sent by our Company. This entity posing as Vidanta/Vida Vacations is soliciting your participation in a fraudulent rental scam.

Please note that if you receive any kind of unsolicited communication from anyone claiming to be a representative of Vidanta/Vida Vacations offering to repurchasing, buying, selling, or renting your weeks the offer is not legitimate.

As stipulated in your contract, your membership is intended for your use and enjoyment and we will never be involved in any way in the rental or resale of our member’s weeks or membership.

We urge you not to engage in any communications with this entity nor provide them any payments (like untraceable wire transfers); as this is not a legitimate offer. If you still decide to do business with this person, Vida Vacations will not be held responsible for the outcome.

It is important that you know that our only valid domains are:

@vidavacations.com, @vidanta.com,@grupovidanta.com,@vidantacruises.com, @vidantagolf.com and @vidapayments.com

If you require further information, please contact us on any of the toll-free numbers listed below.

The Customer Care Center is now open Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. CST.

We remain at your service.

Sending you sunshine from Mexico,

vidavacations-logo.jpg
Customer Service Representative/Customer Care Center
USA & CANADA: 1-800-292-9446
England: 0-800-096-9367; Mexico: 800-543-7044
Brazil: 0-800-025-8715; Other Countries: +52-322-176-1431
Mon.-Fri. 9a.m.-8 p.m., Sat. 9 a.m.-3 p.m. CST
http://www.vidanta.com

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I didn’t get the Jenny reference until I looked closely at their scam number, lol.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I have not had this one - but have had multiple scam calls.
The last one said Vidanta was reopening and “they / the scammers” were in need of weeks for rental.
I said I was using our week.
Then he basically asked if I was really going to do that - because of Covid .....

I hung up.