• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Interested in wyndam /Advice on choosing home resort

890zbh

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in a resale Wyndham. Does where your home resort is really matter? Or should I get the best deal I can find, as long as its wyndam points. Would it be advisable to but near where I live? I guess more what I'm asking is if I buy say 168,000 points home resort Wyndam Bonnet Creek, Fl, or 168,000 points home resort Wyndam Branson, do I get same value and choice of other wyndam resorts. Are points just points no matter where home resort is? I live near Phoenix Az, but am interested in Bonnet creek Florida Wyndam. I've seen some stuff saying, "has best trading/exchange power." But if points are points and I can get a Branson 4 less with less maintenance fees and still use the same points to stay anywhere wyndam then that sounds like a better deal. Any advice or insight would be appreciated. And if anyone is looking to give any wyndam points away for free, I'd be more then happy to take it off your hands....thanks.

Joe33426

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cove at Yarmouth, Star Island, La Belle Maison, Grand Desert, and Bali Hai Villas
To me, points are points, and when I bought resale points I looked for the lowest MFs to points ratio. Over the last three years, I never had a problem making a reservation I wanted. Keep in mind that we don't travel during high demand times (e.g. Orlando during Christmas/New Years Week, Mardi Gras, etc.). AND we plan our vacations years in advance and I'm ready to make the reservation exactly when the window opens.

If you need hard to get reservations, you may need ARP (Advanced Reservation Priority) at a specific resort. So, just say that you must go to Bonnet Creek during Christmas week every year without fail because of school vacation schedule. Then you might want to consider buying Bonnet Creek points so that you can make reservations as far as 13 months in advance. Other Wyndham owners (besides CWA owners) cannot make reservations until 10 months out.

Whether you need ARP at a specific resort varies by resort and time of the year. I think trying to get a summer week or a weekend at Glacier Canyon would be nearly impossible without ARP.

Ron says that he's been able to make regular point reservations for Mardi Gras at 10 months. But YMMV...

Whether or not you would need ARP for Bonnet Creek is beyond me, others could probably weigh in on that, but since Bonnet Creek is such a huge place and given the fact that there are tons of timeshares in Orlando, I would doubt that ARP would be needed.

Good luck and make sure you do a lot of reading before you buy...

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are just 2 reasons to buy wyndham points deeded at one resort or another (or Club Wyndham Access) . one is the Advanced Reservation Priority (ARP) and the other is low maintenance fees (MF)

If you dont need the ARP go for low MF

Be careful about the lowest MF however. Generally speaking the lowest mf contracts come with the highest purchase prices. Bali Hai, National Harbor Canterbury Panama City Beach etc often get bid up so high that the value of the low mf is not realized because you paid too much. Also be careful of the lowest purchase prices. As tempting as it might be to get something for almost nothing, some contracts you shouldnt take, even if they are given to you, Tamarack for example, because the mf is so high

I find the best value in the average stuff, CWA for example gives you an average or slightly less than average mf and ARP at a lot of resorts.

Prices went way up earlier this year for everything , especially CWA, but have come back down in the past month or so. Its a good time to be shopping. Last night 3 contracts about (1.7 million points) went off on ebay for under 1/4 penny per point

Its a good time to be buying.... just know you arent alone, pick your targets, set your price and enjoy

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are just 2 reasons to buy wyndham points deeded at one resort or another (or Club Wyndham Access) . one is the Advanced Reservation Priority (ARP) and the other is low maintenance fees (MF)

If you dont need the ARP go for low MF

Be careful about the lowest MF however. Generally speaking the lowest mf contracts come with the highest purchase prices. Bali Hai, National Harbor Canterbury Panama City Beach etc often get bid up so high that the value of the low mf is not realized because you paid too much. Also be careful of the lowest purchase prices. As tempting as it might be to get something for almost nothing, some contracts you shouldnt take, even if they are given to you, Tamarack for example, because the mf is so high

I find the best value in the average stuff, CWA for example gives you an average or slightly less than average mf and ARP at a lot of resorts.

Prices went way up earlier this year for everything , especially CWA, but have come back down in the past month or so. Its a good time to be shopping. Last night 3 contracts about (1.7 million points) went off on ebay for under 1/4 penny per point

Its a good time to be buying.... just know you arent alone, pick your targets, set your price and enjoy

While I agree with most of this, I think CWA is overpriced IF you don't need the ARP at all the resorts within CWA. UDI points at resorts with MF's close to or a little above CWA may go for less than half the price of a similar number of CWA points.

Recent good buys at Ocean Boulevard, for example... which also has useful ARP if you want Myrtle Beach in the summer.

890zbh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I definitely have been and will be doing more reading on here and elsewhere to educate myself the best before I decided what's best to but for me. Luckily my work schedule gives me pretty good flexibility, 3 days off a week and I can usually take more time if needed. I mostly take a few 3 to 4 day vacations a year and would like to start throwing a full week into the mix also. As for the time of year, that's flexible. I have no problem traveling some places in the "off season." If I can avoid the big crowds anywhere all the better.