• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Input on Sell Timeshare, LLC and Pacific Property Transfer LLc

itrainu

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of purchasing a timeshare from Sell Timeshare, LLC. The closing is supposed to be completed by Pacific Property Transfer, LLC (Torrence California)

Any one had any experience dealing with either of these companies. Very cautious about getting scammed in today's world. Input needed.

Thanks....Susan

Last edited:

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Never heard of 'em, but my $0.02 worth follows...

I am in the process of purchasing a timeshare from Sell Timeshare, LLC. The closing is supposed to be completed by Pacific Property Transfer, LLC (Torrence California)

Any one had any experience dealing with either of these companies. Very cautious about getting scammed in today's world. Input needed.

My (admittedly unsubstantiated) bet is that you are buying from a PostCard Company (a.k.a. PCC) which uses its' own "in house closing company". Torrance, CA somehow seems to be a common location / geographic capitol for a whole handful of PCC's and their various, assorted spin-off companies.

If my bet is correct, then the real issue for you as a buyer is probably more one of potential incompetence in the deed preparation and recording and later resort notification, as opposed to a risk of being scammed.
The "scam" has already occured (if my PCC theory is correct) when some poor fool paid a PCC several thousand dollars to "take that timeshare off their hands". If that's the case, then the PCC has already made good money in that "transaction"; whatever you are now paying for the purchase and / or closing is just additional "gravy" for the PCC. Accordingly, I hope there is not much money involved from your end (i.e., hopefully not much more than a very few hundred dollars). Hopefully too, there are no existing unpaid fees associated with the current ownership --- have you been provided with written assurance and confirmation of that ownership account status (via copy of an estoppel letter, for example)?

I hope this is a timeshare facility and week that you know, clearly understand and actually want to own.
If my PCC theory above is correct, just remember that, to someone else, the week was likely of so little value and /or marketability that they willingly paid a PCC a few thousand dollars just to be rid of it. :shrug:

Last edited:

carl2591

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
Sell Timeshare, LLC

i would be hesitant to deal with a bunch of companies with LLC in the title. Sound like a cover for a sham dealing outfit.

be very careful with them.

what is the place your are buying? .. and timeframe. have you done a search on TUG to see what it worth.. look one ebay as well..

merry christmas

itrainu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Potential Marriott Grande Ocean Purchase

The week I am potentially considering buying is a Marriott Grande Ocean Gold week for 5800K. I own several weeks at the Grande Ocean and one at a non Marriott. I have been a timeshare owner for 15 years, and purchased all of my weeks on the resale market.

My other concern is that Marriott will invoke its "first right of refusal", and I will have issues getting my money back.

I am thinking I will cancel this deal, as it does not feel right. At this point, I do not have any money out of pocket. I know what these weeks sell for on the market, and would be willing to pay more, and deal with a "real" title company.

Susan

itrainu

TUG Member
Reaction score
The week I am potentially considering buying is a Marriott Grande Ocean Gold week for 5800K. I own several weeks at the Grande Ocean and one at a non Marriott. I have been a timeshare owner for 15 years, and purchased all of my weeks on the resale market.

My other concern is that Marriott will invoke its "first right of refusal", and I will have issues getting my money back.

I am thinking I will cancel this deal, as it does not feel right. At this point, I do not have any money out of pocket. I know what these weeks sell for on the market, and would be willing to pay more, and deal with a "real" title company.

Susan

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
we have had reports of companies forging the sale price on the submitted deeds/etc to pass Marriott ROFR...just something to check!

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Revised info creates revised input...

The timeshare involved here was initially not identified by the OP. Since then, it has been identified as a Marriott property. With this new info, my own previous suggested purchase limit of "a few hundred dollars" is hereby retracted and obviously not applicable. I had assumed (...my bad) that we were talking about just another garden variety deeded week at Mugwump Towers, which turns out not to be the case. My error for offering input based upon clearly insufficient info.

That being said, I am now also a lot less than fully comfortable with any $6k purchase involving an obscure LLC seller and an obscure LLC "closer".

gblotter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mountainside x 2
Maui Ocean Club x 2
Ko Olina Beach Club x 1
Very mixed reviews. The seller seems like an honest person, but the problem is that he uses Pacific Transfer as his closing company.

I did a recent resale purchase at Marriott Ko Olina with selltimeshare.org and Pacific Transfer. The closing took nearly four long and frustrating months.

Because of the ineptitude of Pacific Transfer, I was forced to take over the final step of the closing process myself (i.e. ownership transfer by Marriott). After sending in all the required info to Marriott along with the $25 transfer fee (paid out of my own pocket), it took Marriott just 4 days to get the unit listed under my name. This task is something that Pacific Transfer could not get accomplished in 6 weeks. If I had not taken these steps on my own, this "dance of the dunces" with Pacific Transfer likely would have continued for several more months.

Four months is a ridiculous amount of time to complete a timeshare closing. In addition to this purchase, I have also bought two other timeshares this year. For a Marriott Mountainside week, the closing took just 25 days from start to finish. For a Marriott Maui Ocean Club week, the closing took 55 days from start to finish.

I am just grateful that Pacific Transfer's poor processes did not derail the entire purchase and result in legal action.

The seller (selltimeshare.org) seems to be an honest timeshare resale broker - he refunded to me the $25 transfer fee. However, his alliance with Pacific Transfer is likely to doom his business I fear. There is no reason to put up with the delays and frustrations associated with Pacific Transfer when there are a variety of highly-reputable closing services recommended here on tug. When you are the buyer, you have the leverage to demand a good closing company rather than just go along with whatever the seller dictates. If you choose to purchase from selltimeshare.org, I would advise that you insist on using a closing service of your choosing other than Pacific Transfer.

See this thread for more details: http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156879

Last edited: