• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Inline images

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, I wanted to post an image within a post. I tried the upload button, that works, but it makes it landscape so it rotates the picture. So, I uploaded the photo to Google Drive, got a shareable link, and, used the IMG tag in the editor, inserted the link, and, it shows a broken link image.

Does it not work perhaps from Google drive? The image is this link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eQFj6F91MEpRAue4wSeBBSoloxk14DJz

So, the editor put a IMG tag before and after that, but it just doesn’t display?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
the reason for this is that picture is staggeringly large (some 4000+ pixels wide/tall).

here is the picture scaled down to a more manageable size.

IMG_0307.JPG

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
its usually easier to open very large photos using Microsoft Paint (available on any windows pc, simply right click any image, choose OPEN WITH and then select MS PAINT.

from here its simple to resize a photo down to a much more manageable size.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don’t have Windows, but the idea is the same obviously. It’s just a regular camera photo. I guess so many pixels on modern phones is the issue then. I’ll try resizing next time I try and upload one, thanks!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
it wont let you use IMG tags around something that does not end in a proper file extension (ie jpg, gif, bmp, png, etc)

usually when you upload a photo to photo hosting sites it will have an option that provides you a "link url" that you can use to paste in forums or emails etc.

itd be something like http://imagehostingsite.com/imagename.jpg

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Aha! So, sharing from the cloud sites simply won’t work then, I see. I see now I can resize to under 600 pixel heights and just use the upload file method and it works fine.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
the cloud site should have a way to provide you with a "link" that is in the correct format, some are more obvious than others!

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
the cloud site should have a way to provide you with a "link" that is in the correct format, some are more obvious than others!
Can't find a way to get a standard link from Google Drive. Only link I can get is similar to Steve's original one.
I can resize to under 600 pixel heights and just use the upload file method and it works fine.
Yep, that's what I do. My favorite program for most simple image manipulations is Irfanview (and it's free).

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I used Image Size (IOS), a free app. Would be simple on my iMac, but, that’s at home. :)

It works fine after resizing, including Safari. Did it from IOS.

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Steve, try using a different browser. I have a Mac, and can't upload images using Safari. If I want to include an image in a post, I use Firefox for the one post, and it's good to go. You can even use Preview to resize images. (Preview --> Tools --> Adjust Size)

Dave