• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Inexpensive decent 2bd II resort

CaliDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm possibly looking for a resort that will trade with II.. I am looking to trade into the Royals in Cancun. I need a 2bd and will mostly be traveling early summer.

Any Ideas for cheap purchase price.. say under $3K and MF's under $600?

Fletcher921

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Mission Hills, CA;
Los Abrigados, AZ;
The Whaler, HI;
Playa Del Sol Costa Sur, MX;
Westgate Park City, UT
Me too?

ChelleJ.

I'd love an email also!

Thanks, Babs

Avery

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know how often you're planning to use this other ts, but if it's just to get into the Royals, we have rented at the Royals twice for $700 to $1000 for a 2bedroom. ISCO often runs discount promotions and used to have "friend of an owner" rates that were pretty good.

CaliDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the emails.. and the rental idea.. I will check it out

Dave

Dani

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Dave,

Have you looked at the very first II trade test that we conducted here on TUG? It should provide you with some very good ideas. Just in case...I'm sending you a note.

For those who do not know, a link to this test can be found from a STicky post at the top of the Sightings board.

Last edited:

Steve

Reaction score
Foxrun

Hi Dave,

Foxrun in Lake Lure, North Carolina is exactly what you are looking for. It's easy to buy a summer week there for around $2000, the maintenance fees are $490, and it will trade into the Royals with ease.

Clark Kessel at Redden Realty has a great selection of available weeks, and he is excellent to work with. He can be reached at 828-625-8115 or 800-693-4926.

Steve

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dave - Take a look at purchasing one of the non-Cancun Royals Resorts such as the Pelican Resort in St. Maarten. Ownership there would offer "internal" priority trading into the Royals Cancun resort. You can probably pickup and owner resale within your price range and the MF would also be consistent with your target number.

Bill4728

Reaction score
I've owned Monarch Grand for years. They have nice resorts in the SoCal area. The developer charges an arm and a leg but they can be had on ebay for 10% or less of developer. They trade well in II.

PS Read my advice article before buying as there are several oddities about MGV.

PSS Alway reserve a 2 bd to exchange but if you're using it yourself be carefull of the 2 bd as many have NO view at all , were all the 1 bd have a ocean view.

Good Luck

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
i dont understand fox run

Hi Dave,

Foxrun in Lake Lure, North Carolina is exactly what you are looking for. It's easy to buy a summer week there for around $2000, the maintenance fees are $490, and it will trade into the Royals with ease.

Clark Kessel at Redden Realty has a great selection of available weeks, and he is excellent to work with. He can be reached at 828-625-8115 or 800-693-4926.

I have heard this many times and have seen the trade test. but why is foxrun such a strong trader. who would want to go there and why ?

M&M

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Royal Mayan

Dave,
You could always buy a RM resale for between $2500-$3500 the maint fees are a little higher but then you wouldn't need to pay the exchange fee. I have seen weeks 23, 24 in that price range.

Mike

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
dave there are sea lice in cancun in early summer April to June.

lweverett

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
As I understand it, the Royals internal exchange program only matches exact exchanges. In other words you have to be requesting a unit that someone wants to exchange for your unit. I think the Royal owners have said that this seldom works.

Steve

Reaction score
RE: Foxrun

My guess is the major reason II values Foxrun so highly is that II has very few resorts in the North Carolina mountains. Of the resorts they do have, most (including Foxrun) began as RCI resorts and have since become dual affiliated. When resorts become dual affilated, typically the vast majority of owners stay with the original exchange company. As a result the new company, which is mostly II in North Carolina, gets few deposits.

At the same time, II has a huge membership base in Florida. Lots of people in Florida (and other states, too) like to vacation in the mountains. North Carolina has the closest mountains to Florida. This creates a large demand, but II has a very limited supply. It therefore follows that Foxrun has pretty good trade power.

Also, having been to Foxrun, I have to say that the area is absolutely gorgeous and the resort is very nice. It's a place worth visiting...even though it is a bit isolated.

Steve

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
yes, lake lure is VERY popular with Fla.---it is the closest place to try to escape the heat.