• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Incarceration shortens life expectancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
For obvious reasons, I am posting this in the Covid section. Maybe those of you that have been travelling during Covid do not feel this way but a lot of people do feel they have been locked in one big prison because of all the Covid restrictions.

1611493345999.png

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
We have an exercise yard at our location.
Food has been pretty good
LOL

I am also concerned by those who wish not to allow visitor travel to & access to prisons.
The article you posted. specifically listed the various issues family members can have ,even though they
are not the incarcerated individual.

I am a little concerned about a local incarcerated gorilla , as this is leading to problematic behaviour ; including the inclination to jump on boxes. This could lead to local long term problems if required vaccine medication is not soon provided.

Last edited:

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score

LOL

I am also concerned by those who wish not to allow visitor travel to & access to prisons.
The article you posted. specifically listed the various issues family members can have even though they

I am a little concerned about local incarcerated gorilla , as this is leading to problematic behaviour ; including the inclination to jump on boxes. This could lead to local long term problems if required vaccine medication is not soon provided.
do I sense the onset of a Stockholm syndrome? :)

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
do I sense the onset of a Stockholm syndrome? :)

- Sarcasm Syndrome *

* IMO - this is analogous to the pre-1990 Eastern European folk wisdom.
“ they pretend to pay us / we pretend to work” — hence the reference to boxes & 362.87 kilo gorillas.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow. It’s bad enough for those of us who have some ability to get out. What about those in assisted living/nursing homes? We keep them alive but alone, and they may die sooner anyway. Including my DH.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
.... What about those in assisted living/nursing homes? We keep them alive but alone, and they may die sooner anyway. Including my DH.

Good reminder
and right now they are often confined to their rooms - with no mobility / exercise and often food that is cold by the time it is delivered. (according to what I have read)

Brett

Reaction score
LOL

The article you posted. specifically listed the various issues family members can have ,even though they

I am a little concerned about a local incarcerated gorilla , as this is leading to problematic behaviour ; including the inclination to jump on boxes. This could lead to local long term problems if required vaccine medication is not soon provided.

Our prison yard includes a beach ;)

IMG_9833_copySMALL.jpg

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow. It’s bad enough for those of us who have some ability to get out. What about those in assisted living/nursing homes? We keep them alive but alone, and they may die sooner anyway. Including my DH.
I’m so sorry about your DH . I’m practically sick over what has transpired with my mom over the last year.

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
For obvious reasons, I am posting this in the Covid section. Maybe those of you that have been travelling during Covid do not feel this way but a lot of people do feel they have been locked in one big prison because of all the Covid restrictions.

View attachment 31446

Good reason NOT to break the law and get locked up..

Monykalyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m so sorry about your DH . I’m practically sick over what has transpired with my mom over the last year.
I've been pretty vocal about this as well. I have witnessed firsthand resident's giving up. And many DO liken it to "prison". We USED to consider solitary confinement as a harsh "punishment" but apparently we can voluntarily do it to our elderly "for their own good" without their consent. For what it is worth-the staff at the places I work are just as sick about it as they also were not given a choice if they'd take the risk to continue to have family in...

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been pretty vocal about this as well. I have witnessed firsthand resident's giving up. And many DO liken it to "prison". We USED to consider solitary confinement as a harsh "punishment" but apparently we can voluntarily do it to our elderly "for their own good" without their consent. For what it is worth-the staff at the places I work are just as sick about it as they also were not given a choice if they'd take the risk to continue to have family in...
A LTC facility near me has completed their vaccinations, yet they have not loosened any of the resident restrictions . Why not ? It almost begs the question of what’s the point of the vaccines ? When is this crap going to end ? I thought vaccines were the goal ?

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
A LTC facility near me has completed their vaccinations, yet they have not loosened any of the resident restrictions . Why not ? It almost begs the question of what’s the point of the vaccines ? When is this crap going to end ? I thought vaccines were the goal ?

Though you have asked these questions several times previously, it seems you are still confused re the practical implications of the vaccine and what it means for our daily lives. I respectively suggest that you research this issue yourself, since I believe we have previously answered these questions on TUG and yet you continue to ask them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Though you have asked these questions several times previously, it seems you are still confused re the practical implications of the vaccine and what it means for our daily lives. I respectively suggest that you research this issue yourself, since I believe we have previously answered these questions on TUG and yet you continue to ask them.

Well, hello Mr. Pompous arse!

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Well, hello Mr. Pompous arse!

Rather than constrain yourself to the issue at hand, as I did, you insult me personally. I’m sorry to see that. You’re forgiven - don’t bother apologizing.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Rather than constrain yourself to the issue at hand, as I did, you insult me personally. I’m sorry to see that. You’re forgiven - don’t bother apologizing.

I feel confident I have addressed the issue at hand quite clearly.
Movin' on!

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I feel confident I have addressed the issue at hand quite clearly.
Movin' on!

I suppose when you have to resort to an ad hominem attack, it tells us all we need to know.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
@Ken555 Why don't you instead comment about the topic in discussion? Is the current situation due to Covid similar to a big prison and can this lead to lower life expectancy? You do not have to agree with this premise of course, opinions on all sides should be encouraged.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I think we're done here.

THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.