• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

In Search of a Margaritaville St. Thomas unit

wilson14

Reaction score
I checked the TUG marketplace for a rental at the Margaritaville St. Thomas in December. I'm only seeing one ad and I reached out to that member, but does that seem normal? I know the MVC inventory and ownership is much smaller than the Club Wyndham inventory. I've been to this resort before but our family member no longer has their timeshare. Does anyone have any alternative options I might be able to use to book a room?

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
You will have better luck finding someone to rent from at the 5 month mark. Any member can book it 5 months out. Anything more than 5 months out, you have to be a MVC member (very few exist) or a VIP. Renting from a VIP is going to cost you a lot more because VIPs can rent out at the 60 day window for a lot of $$ per point. Just post a wanted ad at the 5 month mark and any owner with extra points can book it.

wilson14

Reaction score
You will have better luck finding someone to rent from at the 5 month mark. Any member can book it 5 months out. Anything more than 5 months out, you have to be a MVC member (very few exist) or a VIP. Renting from a VIP is going to cost you a lot more because VIPs can rent out at the 60 day window for a lot of $$ per point. Just post a wanted ad at the 5 month mark and any owner with extra points can book it.

I'm looking for dates around Christmas and wanting to book as early as possible. I feel like at 5 months there won't be much left?

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
FWIW I just checked the inventory I can see. For the week 12/20-12/27, I only
see a 1BRPR at this point for 350k points. Extra holidays has no inventory there
this far ahead.

We’re you looking for a larger room? A cheaper room? Unfortunately I don’t
know this location at all, although we were on St Thomas while they were
building it.

wilson14

Reaction score
FWIW I just checked the inventory I can see. For the week 12/20-12/27, I only
see a 1BRPR at this point for 350k points. Extra holidays has no inventory there
this far ahead.

We’re you looking for a larger room? A cheaper room? Unfortunately I don’t
know this location at all, although we were on St Thomas while they were
building it.
I’m looking for check in on December 25 or 26 for 7 nights in either two studio units poolside or a two bedroom poolside. Are you able to check these dates?

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The calendar shows availability for 1BR, 2BR, & Studios for those dates. Its still the priority booking window at this point, and I dont have priority there to be able to see what the specifics are that are available, but it looks like everything is currently available except for 3BR.

PhilD41

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
@wilson14, In another week and a half I should be able to see out to Christmas. The beginning of the month only has studios available pool side.

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yep, same here. 10 months from today shows plenty of inventory.
Ten months plus one day only shows priority inventory, in my case PR.

And Xmas week has a whole lot less inventory, of course. It looks
like NYE is essentially gone, at least for me. I found a three-night
span available in a 1BRPR...but not longer stays or larger rooms.