• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 26 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  • TUG started 27 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $15,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $14 Million dollars
  • Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
  • Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

In Puerto Vallarta, Mexico now

DonnaD

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Vacation Club
I arrived at Club Regina in Puerto Vallarta on 2/5 and I feel very safe here. Staff is following safety procedures and guests are checked for temperatures when arriving at lobby even from the grocery store. Hand sanitizer is available even in elevators. Walmart will not allow anyone over 60 to shop there. Other grocery stores do allow you to shop without regard to age. We have stayed on resort grounds other than our outing to grocery store. Either we eat in our units or we eat at our resort restaurants. We want to give them the business to help keep staff employed and resort open. I heard today that the Mayan Palace at marina is going to close for at least a few weeks.

We wear our masks any time we are moving about resort. Lounge chairs are grouped in twos and then spaced out to allow social distancing. Once seated, we can remove our masks. We do not have to wear them in the pool but keep our distance from other guests when chatting in the pool. We can also remove our masks once seated in restaurants. Staff is very happy to have us here but occupancy is about 30% of normal, I think. Pool is warm even though air temp is in mid to low 70s right now. Sun is beautiful and I have seen a lot of whales from my balcony. I am so happy to be at my home away from home.

bankr63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Resort Orlando (2BR, Deeded Wk10) , Silver Lake Resort Orlando (3BRLO)
That's good to hear, we really miss travelling. But I am shocked by the Walmart rule. Do they maybe have different hours for those over 60? Most stores near me have early hours for seniors before opening to the general public, but I can't imagine banning them outright at other times or worse at ALL times? If everybody did that, they seniors would die of starvation before COVID got them!

DonnaD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Vacation Club
That's good to hear, we really miss travelling. But I am shocked by the Walmart rule. Do they maybe have different hours for those over 60? Most stores near me have early hours for seniors before opening to the general public, but I can't imagine banning them outright at other times or worse at ALL times? If everybody did that, they seniors would die of starvation before COVID got them!
Walmart dropped the restriction and we shopped there yesterday late morning. We stepped into sanitizer, social distancing from person in front of me, then we got hand sanitizer and had our temperature checked by holding our hand in front of scanning thermometer, then we shopped normally wearing our masks.

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
Thanks for the report. I have a reservation mid April and am definitely looking forward to it. Any additional info about buses, taxis, the Marina or Downtown would be appreciated.

Enjoy the stay.
Cheers

Blondie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Blue, Raintree Resorts; Sudwala Lodge, SA; Hollywood Sands, Hollywood , Fla
Sooooo miss PV and our 8 weeks at Club Regina this year. We just did not want to risk it, but it sounds as if they have it under control. Looking forward to next Feb. Thanks for the update, Donna. I, too, am wondering about the marina restaurants and what is operational. Have a great, safe time!

Rene McDaniel

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
What is required to go in and out of Mexico, returning to the US? We will have our 2nd dose of the Moderna vaccine this week. Do we need to get negative PCR COVID tests before flying to Mexico, or returning to the US? Or do we just show our new COVID vaccination cards? I have some weeks I will lose if I don't use them in the next 2 months. Thanks

DBS1968

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Paradise Village, 2 weeks
What is required to go in and out of Mexico, returning to the US? We will have our 2nd dose of the Moderna vaccine this week. Do we need to get negative PCR COVID tests before flying to Mexico, or returning to the US? Or do we just show our new COVID vaccination cards? I have some weeks I will lose if I don't use them in the next 2 months. Thanks
CDC says vaccination cards do not fulfill the negative requirement. You still need the rapid or full lab test (either) to show negative within 3 days of flight home.

We went to PVR in June and October last year, no one got sick. Just be careful and have fun folks.

DonnaD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Vacation Club
You do not need to get a Covid test to come into Mexico by air. You will have your temperature checked at airport in US and in Mexico. I think we filled out a form about our health before checking in at airport in USA. You will need to get a Covid test 2 days before you are to fly out of Mexico to the USA. Our temperature was checked upon arrival at resort and also at grocery stores. We can now shop at Walmart which was limited to those younger than 60 years old. I used Uber to go to store for groceries. We walked from Club Regina to the marina and we had dinner at Terraza de Roma in open air. Other restaurants were also open there but it seems some of the stores are vacant now. I did not try shopping there so did not pay attention. I have stayed at our resort where I feel safer from Covid exposure by limiting my travel, but we have plans to go with friends to a restaurant in town that is open air.
More people have arrived at Club Regina but pool is not crowded and that is where I spent my afternoon.