• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

In Cabo now! In love with this place :)

maja651

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow! We didn't know what to expect in Cabo because we are Cancun/Playa del Carmen lovers, but we are in love! Such a beautiful place! We are staying at the CCD at the Hilton in the corridor. Beautiful property, but as expected very pricey. We toured the Grand Solmar on Monday and fell in love. Great location, and such a beautiful property! We ended up buying, and had no intention at all to do so...but we are pleased with the decision , so please don't burst our bubble. :)

We went on the Cabo Rey yesterday for a whale watching tour . It was Amazing! We saw humpbacks, grays, mamas, babies, daddies, breaching, tails, everything you would want to see. Highly recommend this company, as they were very nice, great service, and made sure we saw whales...without putting the whales in any harm.

Today is zip line day....not sure how I feel about it, but my hubby talked me into it. Wish me luck! :)

Michelle

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear that you're having a good time, and the whales put on a great show for you! We're headed down to Grand Solmar for a few weeks of whale watching and relaxation. It's my favorite time of the year to be in Cabo.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
So glad you are having so much fun. My adult kids did the ziplining in August and loved it. Hope you enjoy it, too.

That's so cool that you saw the whales. I've not been to Cabo during whale season, but it sounds like something I'd enjoy. We've been on the Caborey for sunset cruises and always enjoyed it.

Have a great week!:)

beach_bumz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Awww - what a great post! I too am in love with Cabo! We usually visit Puerto Vallarta and/or Riviera Maya for spring break, but spend 4-5 weeks in Cabo each summer.

We plan to spend half the year there when we retire!

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Will the whales still be around the last two weeks of February?

I believe so. On the Pacific side of the tip of Cabo the whales get really close to shore at times. They roll in the big wave to remove barnacles sometimes only 20 ft off shore. The whales start to migrate out of the Sea of Cortez and head north in Febuary and March. Many whales stay within a mile of shore. We plan on looking for then in a couple of weeks.

Out of all the places we have been in Mexico we like the southern Baja and Cabo the best. It rarely rains. Its very beautiful country. No mosquitoes. Great fishing. Long lonely beautiful beaches. Not much humidity. Many people speak English. Driving is easy. Great nightlife.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
We love Cabo too! We just returned from a week there at PBSB in January and can't wait to go back. Grand Solmar looks beautiful. It's on my list pf places to visit.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
You all are making me thirst for our first trip to Cabo this coming December. We will be staying at Sirena del Mar, the new Welk Resort property.

When do the whales typically start appearing near Cabo? Is Dec 8 - 15 too soon to see them? Never seen them before, so that would be an exciting part of our trip.

Thanks.

beach_bumz

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've seen whales as early as November. Just bring binoculars and point your lounger towards the sea and who knows - you just may spot some!!!!

BTW - you don't need binoculars -- the whales are so large you'll see them...but I enjoy watching the boats/yachts/ships cruise by.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Will the whales still be around the last two weeks of February?

Absolutely!!! Whales hang around the Sea of Cortez and off the Pacific coast of Cabo all winter long, before making the trek north. We are usually in Cabo for the month of March and see whales cavorting off Solmar Beach every day. It's a sight we never get tired of!

Former Cruiser

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't see any resorts for Cabo in the II directory or in the TUG reviews. Am I looking in the wrong area? We were in Cabo twice on cruises. BEAUTIFUL sandy beaches, unlike Puerto Vallarta.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I don't see any resorts for Cabo in the II directory or in the TUG reviews. Am I looking in the wrong area?

In the TUG reviews, go to Mexico, then Baja California.

yeereid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Shearwater-Kauai
Maui Sunset
I don't see any resorts for Cabo in the II directory or in the TUG reviews. Am I looking in the wrong area? We were in Cabo twice on cruises. BEAUTIFUL sandy beaches, unlike Puerto Vallarta.

Go to Resorts, Ratings & Reviews
Click on 'Mexico'
Then click on 'Baja California'
All of the Cabo properties will be listed

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cabo

heading down there in a week, our first of two trips a year. Starting going 10 years and have the fever.

maja651

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just returned from Cabo last night. What an amazing week! We had such a great time! We saw many, many whales from the beach, and even saw a baby whale breaching about 7 times over a 10 minute time span, right from the beach on Friday! We had the best weather...sunny and dry! Soooooo looking forward to going back next year!

Michelle

travelplanner70

TUG Member
Reaction score
If one goes at the end of February, is the weather cool at night where someone needs a sweater or light jacket? It looks like it can get down to 60 degrees at night. The high looks like 75 degrees in the daytime which does not seem too warm for swimming.

What was your experience?

Thanks.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Everyone is different regarding hot/cold - university students wear shorts and t-shirts in 30F weather here! :eek:

We always stay on the Pacific side (Solmar or Sunset Beach), so the wind off the ocean definitely chills things down after the sun sets. A light jacket or sweater works fine if we're beach walking, or out on a boat in the evening. Downtown and the marina are warmer, as it's more protected from the wind there. Days are brilliantly sunny and warm, but the ocean is a little brisk for us (average Feb/Mar ocean temperature is 72F). It doesn't stop others from spending a lot of time in the water, though! Feb/March is our favorite time to be in Cabo. (Heck, any time is a good time to be in Cabo!)

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
If one goes at the end of February, is the weather cool at night where someone needs a sweater or light jacket? It looks like it can get down to 60 degrees at night. The high looks like 75 degrees in the daytime which does not seem too warm for swimming.

What was your experience?

Thanks.

At the night clubs and restaurants it seems warm. Pool in the daytime is great but at night we like the hot tubs. When we go fishing early in the monrning I always layer. The afternoom is great for ocean activities for us like playing in the waves at Cerritoes or snorkleing.

Pretty much what Pammo said............