• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

In 2020, are you looking to acquire for free or give away for free a timeshare?

In 2020, are you looking to acquire for free or give away for free a timeshare?

• Acquire for free

Votes: 22 14.4%
  • Give away for free

Votes: 39 25.5%
  • Both, acquire for free and give away for free

Votes: 13 8.5%
  • Neither

Votes: 45 29.4%
  • Maybe, not really looking but if right property appeared I might

Votes: 34 22.2%

• Total voters

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Just curious, for 2020, how many tuggers are looking to acquire or find a new home for their timeshare, not selling, but acquiring for free or giving away for free. Let‘s not list what , just if. Of course, it can be both. I know if I give away enough, there is one I would love to find.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Panina, I also feel you need to add one more category.
For 2020, we will not be acquiring any more timeshare properties. We are down to two (2) timeshare resorts. Both are paid in full over 20 years ago.

I am in my seventies and at my age I just want to Enjoy Life.
The grandkids are 21 and 25 . The oldest has a MBA from UNC in Mathematics and Computer Science. Plus, he is single & employed in Charlotte, NC.
and the youngest will be commissioned an Ensign in the Coast Guard in May 2020.

”Take the time to enjoy and enjoy the time you take.”

This is my new daily goal.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You didn't include an option for my choice, "neither."
For 2020, we will not be acquiring any more timeshare properties. We are down to two (2) timeshare resorts. Both are paid in full over 20 years ago.

The grandkids are 21 and 25 . The oldest has a MBA from UNC in Mathematics and Computer Science. Plus, he is single & employed in Charlotte, NC.

I thought neither would be the overwhelming response. Purpose was for givers and takers to see supply versus demand BUT I ADDED NEITHER, maybe my assumption is wrong.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1

Would like to thank you and your granddaughter for your service.

Last edited:

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am in 70s too, but if a great week on Beach came up, I would love it and my grandsons would love it. They are 5, 8, 8, and 10. I started waaaay after Pedro

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
If the right TS comes up, we will be acquiring. If not? We will enjoy the one we have that we purchased resale.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Am hoping to pick up a free one I found on Timeshare Nation, but it's a WorldMark account and I just started the process in December. Based on postings on Wyndham's performance in resale transfers, I might make it....

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Can't really answer the poll because I'm kind of in a "Maybe" category. Not actively looking, but always keeping an ear to the ground. If I fell over the right deal, I might buy/acquire a new one. Or maybe not. Since I only have one t/s ownership remaining, I don't want to get rid of it just yet, since it's working well for me. I'm sure the whole feeling is a "purchase withdrawal" thing for me - I think I should be timesharing more than I am. But truth be told, I'm not using all my current ownership credits as it is, so it makes no sense to add more to it. But a deal is a deal, right? :)

I'm in a transitional phase of my life - retiring from full-time work in a couple of months - and I'm not really sure what the future holds. Been thinking of buying a vacation condo someplace warmer, visiting there for the next few years, then retiring to it once my spouse retires. If we do that, timesharing will probably come to an end for us. So many options, so few answers...

Dave

A.Win

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe is definitely a popular answer I think. Some people including me aren't actively seeking to buy. However, if the right property was available at the right price, then we buy.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maybe is definitely a popular answer I think. Some people including me aren't actively seeking to buy. However, if the right property was available at the right price, then we buy.
Maybe added

chalee94

TUG Member
Reaction score
more likely to give away than to acquire one at this point but still in the "neither" camp at the moment.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I would like to acquire a small WM package, but I would like to deedback or give away 1 or 2 or all 3 fixed weeks. Too many TPUs and not enough usage.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Yet another combination -- I might be willing to acquire something special for free but may also divest some of my ownership, hopefully not as giveaways.

I understand that acquiring something special for nothing is not likely to happen. I have some special contracts and some not-so-special and don't want to give away either kind.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I understand that acquiring something special for nothing is not likely to happen.
but it can and has for me, a needle In a haystack but they do happen

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
"Not likely to happen" doesn't exclude the possibility that it might happen from time to time, like finding a needle in a haystack.

But, thanks.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have one that management has stripped any usefulness from. I m going to simply quit paying the MF and offer the ownership (there is NO deed) back. Frankly I don't care what they do but I'm not paying them any more. Otoh, I paid $1.25 for it so I don't have anything to lose.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind giving away a couple of our weeks. We'll see...

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Some of my best acquisitions came along when I thought I was done. I try to never say never; it's just tempting fate to show me how wrong I was to have said it.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some of my best acquisitions came along when I thought I was done. I try to never say never; it's just tempting fate to show me how wrong I was to have said it.
That happened to me in October. Purchased a points contract on eBay & while on the phone a few days later they informed me they just had a larger points contract come in from the same resort. They offered to sell me the higher points contract for the same price if I took both.
Well I couldn’t pass that up!!lol

Not free but felt like it was free for the deal I ended up with! Now selling a couple of other contracts.

Last edited:

Bailey#1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC SSR BWV, Avenue Plaza, Redington Ambassador
I went with " if the right property comes around ". Right now we would only consider a SW Florida gulf coast view winter week, or a Clearwater/St Pete Gulf view November Week but nothing is urgent until my wife retires in 3 years.

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

That's alot of jargon for a poll. Panina did a great job without folks trying to micro-manage her efforts to present us with an excellent service via that poll. It's a poll designed to assess supply and demand within the TUG community...and I think it's very timely with maint fees due this time of year. Thanks, Panina, for thinking up this poll!