• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Impossible to Book a Resort for Asia(particularly Phil) on a 2 yr search.

bingowingo

Reaction score
hello all,

I am disappointed with HGVC as I have been asking them for a search for almost 2 yrs now, starting my search to as early as Jan 2004 for any resorts available for the Philippines on holy week. It is impossible to book it even for a 5 yr frame, so what is the use then of reserving weeks when I want to travel then, for rci that is..

I know some owners have had luck booking it on that time frame as it is a highly seasoned week, and i believe my trading power is sufficient enough to get me the weeks I want..but no dice as I have been doing this for the past few years(putting it on search but cannot confirm)..

iiderman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Bingowingo.. I think the problem here is probably not HGVC but RCI's available inventory. My guess is there aren't too many deposits that are coming in for the Philippines and other Asian destinations.. You can always try the Hilton Cebu Resort and Spa with hhonors points if all else fails...

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I kind of have to agree. You can't exchange for what is NOT available.

If it were there in RCI, your HGVC would certainly have the power to trade for it.

CaliDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hilton has a very high VEP. It's possible you can't get into any of these resorts with HGVC

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
CaliDave said:
Hilton has a very high VEP. It's possible you can't get into any of these resorts with HGVC

That may be the issue.

My wife is from the Philippines & we have looked at the RCI Philippine resorts and while the locations are beautiful, overall they may not match HGVC quality in regard to accomodations/amenities/services etc.

Maybe you need to speak to an HGVC rep and talk about the VEP issue with them. My understanding is that Hilton can sometimes be picky about it.

The Hilton Cebu idea may be a good one as well. But the reviews on Tripadvisor are mixed for the resort.

Good luck and let us know what happens :)

Rick

bingowingo

Reaction score
thanks for the comments here..

Actually I already informed Hilton that I'll be accepting a lower quality resort just as long as they can book me in to that particular season..I really dont care about the VEP(what is VEP by the way?)...just as long as they can take me in to that season.

About Hilton Cebu how many points do I need to give it out to HGVC then, as I am desperate to get that weeks. I dont really know how other owners were able to book those weeks ahead of time...and they are rci members as well...and im not saying their resorts are not to hilton standards, but they were successfully able to book it as I have talked to one a year back and he just booked it by coincidence....(yet he never told me the whole story about it)..

iiderman

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Hilton Cebu is only a category 2 resort if you plan to use Hhonors points... I think it's like 20K points per day..