• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Important papers and info to take with you

EAM

TUG Member
Reaction score
We all take along our reservation confirmation, copies of e-tickets, car reservations, and, for international travel, our passports.

Are there any other important pieces of information you always take with you (e.g. eyeglass Rx., list of medications, emergency contacts) and if so, where do you keep them while traveling?

riverdees05

TUG Member
Reaction score
Somewhere with you or so that you can get ahold of someone that you have given the information to, is a list of all credit cards - numbers and who to call if you loose them one way or another.

I always take a list of medicines, doctors, emergency contacts, and if we are taking grandchildren the following:

1. Power of Attorney or Authorization to take the children where we are taking them, also address medical care.
2. One of their insurance cards or at least a copy of it.
3. Picture ID of the children - if they don't have passports, most states offer a picture ID similar to a drivers license.
4. List of medicines and doctors
5. Phone numbers of parents - home, work, cell, pagers
6. Anything else that may be of importances

I also, make out a detail itinerary including address, phone numbers of timeshares, cell phones, etc., etc., if we fly, flight numbers, schedules, rental car agencies, etc. If we are driving, then our car/van license number, etc. That way if the parents need to get ahold of us in an emergency, they have all the information possible.

There is not such thing as overload with information.

Last edited:

DebBrown

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I second the recommendation for a list of credit cards and the customer service numbers for reporting lost/stolen cards.

We also have copies of our passports in our luggage and at home in case we need to replace them.

If you buy trip insurance which we do for international travel, have the policy and contact info with you.

What about phone numbers/email addresses of friends? If your cell phone is dead, will you know how to contact anyone? ;)

Deb

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
When I had an HMO, I always brought along a couple of claim forms. Now that I have a PPO (United Healthcare) I go to their website in advance and look up the nearby hospitals, what their specialties are, etc. I also look up doctors in the area in several specialties.

In addition I bring along a small, typed health history and list of prescribed meds for each of us. Actually I keep one of these in my wallet all the time, and make a bigger one of just the meds to give to the doctors each visit.

I don't necessarily bring my medicine vials, but I always bring the slips from the pharmacy showing the name of the medicine, strength, who prescribed it, when, etc.

Fern

Minnie

TUG Member
Reaction score
All the suggestions are good ones (some of which I would never have thought of). Thank you all. We recently had a living trust drawn up and it was recommended we take a copy of our Advance Health Care Dirctive with us on all trips. They even provided a bound copy to use.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Proof of car insurance is a must with some of the smaller car rental companies. If you don't have it, they require you take their stuff which more than negates the lower cost of the rental.

GEORGE

suzanne

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I make 4 copies of my list of important information. I leave one in safe at home, one with friend or relative and take two with me. I leave one in either the in-room safe and if there is not one I put it a suitcase and keep the suitcase locked with a small padlock. The other one I keep in my wallet.

Suzanne