• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Imperial Waikiki

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Hi Slip,

Thank you for all of the information/postings on the Imperial. I read through and didn't see an answer to what I am wondering. I was just offered a two bedroom at Imperial for next February (2022). Do you know if all of the units have a lanai that you can sit on? And do they all have a little but of ocean view? Or are some city view? Normally when we go to Hawaii we book oceanfront but with an exchange that is a lot more difficult to do. I think as long as I am guaranteed a lanai I will be happy.

Yes, they would all have a lanai but not all have an ocean view. You may get a lower floor and not get much of a view at all. But remember, you can always go to the owners lounge and use the lanai up there for the best views in the building.

Here’s the website for the Imperial. We really enjoyed it and it was close to everything.

https://www.imperialofwaikiki.com/

SeeMe

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shell Vacation Club
Global Exchange Vacation Club
The Imperial of Waikiki
Westin Kierland Villas
The Hala units actually have 2 lanais. The second bedroom is tight but overall the units are excellent especially after the soft remodel. We had 13 of us there 4 years ago in 3 Koa units while the remodel was still in progress. All completed now.
i have owned there for 10 years now and prior either traded on RCI or rented through Craigslist. I loved the location and ended up buying a Koa and an Ohia unit. I almost always go the first 2 weeks of December.
The Imperial is one ofvthe best kept secrets in Waikiki ...location, location, location and the staff is great! I am greeted by name each year as I arrive!

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
The Hala units actually have 2 lanais. The second bedroom is tight but overall the units are excellent especially after the soft remodel. We had 13 of us there 4 years ago in 3 Koa units while the remodel was still in progress. All completed now.
i have owned there for 10 years now and prior either traded on RCI or rented through Craigslist. I loved the location and ended up buying a Koa and an Ohia unit. I almost always go the first 2 weeks of December.
The Imperial is one ofvthe best kept secrets in Waikiki ...location, location, location and the staff is great! I am greeted by name each year as I arrive!

Although we are Hilton Hawaiian Village people we have stayed at the Imperial about 3 times and liked it very much. You can't beat the location and the staff. We know some people that stay in the winter months and even though we aren't stay there we stop on our way back to the Hilton to say hello and visit with them on the front porch. Do you stay there in the winter? Do you a couple named Shirley and James from Chicago or their friend Shirley that lives near them?