• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Immunity to Covid-19 could be lost in months

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
A study done at King's College, suggests that one's immunity to having been affected by the coronavirus could be lost within about three months. A few highlights...

In the first longitudinal study of its kind, scientists analysed the immune response of more than 90 patients and healthcare workers

The study has implications for the development of a vaccine, and for the pursuit of “herd immunity” in the community over time...The immune system has multiple ways to fight the coronavirus but if antibodies are the main line of defence, the findings suggested people could become reinfected in seasonal waves and that vaccines may not protect them for long.

“I cannot underscore how important it is that the public understands that getting infected by this virus is not a good thing. Some of the public, especially the youth, have become somewhat cavalier about getting infected, thinking that they would contribute to herd immunity. Not only will they place themselves at risk, and others, by getting infected, and losing immunity, they may even put themselves at greater risk of more severe lung disease if they get infected again in the years to come.”

The study, which has been submitted to a journal but has yet to be peer-reviewed...

Krteczech

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Towers at Mullet Bay, SXM
Silverado II, CO
This may be an answer for own lacking of antibodies. I took antibody test three months+two weeks after being sick. I learned something today again thangs to TUG.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
This my be an answer for own lacking of antibodies. I took antibody test three months+two weeks after being sick. I learned something today again thangs to TUG.
It could also be that antibody testing isn't as far along as it needs to be.

Monykalyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
"But Prof Arne Akbar, an immunologist at UCL, said antibodies are only part of the story. There is growing evidence, he said, that T cells produced to fight common colds can protect people as well. Those patients who fight the virus with T cells may not need to churn out high levels of antibodies, he added. "

There is actually more and more evidence coming out that Antibodies only are ONE -repeat ONE part of the immune system to fight against covid and when researchers dug deeper (more expensive and time consuming and not as splashy of headlines) that the immunity is more hidden in T-cells

But there is still lots of unknowns. I just wish the news media would be responsible in putting that out there instead of fear-inducing headlines with the actual meaning buried in an article and usually behind a paywall!!!

At this point anything coming out of Imperial College I look at with the side-eye ;)

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
But there is still lots of unknowns. I just wish the news media would be responsible in putting that out there instead of fear-inducing headlines with the actual meaning buried in an article and usually behind a paywall!!!
It does seem like the media (and a few people here on TUG) thrives on the fear-inducing headlines. ;)

Kurt

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I guess the question to ask is, are there reported mass cases of people being infected again? I know there have been some limited reports, but some of those were early on where tests could have easily been false positives. Even now, they could be false positives. Perhaps if we start seeing waves of reinfection, it is time to get concerned.

geekette

Reaction score
The question of reinfection is really interesting to me, goes hand in hand with my curiosity about mutation. I don't know how they name strains, I'll go with A, B, C. Is there some scenario in which getting A means you won't get B, but if you get C, you remain susceptible to A?? Or, can you cycle through each of them once and be done with those, until another mutation comes along? Is B the one that sends blood clots throughout the body, but A is pneumonia and C is Everything??

The pandemic has made me 'more sciency', not a bad thing. It will be a while to know much about mutations, but it has to make vaccine development even trickier.