• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I'm trying the Direct Exchange thru Quarter House

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
With this great experience I will no longer ever deposit my QH into II going forward as this will provide me a fabulous option for trading at a very low price. WIN-WIN for me. I’m loving my QH.
FYI, my week 8 QH unit (a flex week so I don't ever have Mardi Gras) has gotten AC's for the last two years. I think I remember you saying that you didn't receive one this year, but it wouldn't hurt to ask. That way you can get two years instead of one. YMMV of course.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have a question for fellow QH owners. I paid my 2017 maintenance fees during 2016. I rented 2017 to a friend. Despite mailing the QH form indicating that a friend would be coming, plus calling twice, they had no record of my friend's arrival on check in day. Luckily I called them in the morning before my friend arrived and got it straightened out, but I was kind of nervous. What could I have done to make this go smoother?

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
That worked out! One not so hidden gem of the QH is the ability for an owner to book a discounted nightly rate. This makes it really nice night to book the larger units for only a weekend.
I didn’t know that. Thanks for sharing.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FYI, my week 8 QH unit (a flex week so I don't ever have Mardi Gras) has gotten AC's for the last two years. I think I remember you saying that you didn't receive one this year, but it wouldn't hurt to ask. That way you can get two years instead of one. YMMV of course.
For last years deposit, I was able to split the lockoff and get two trades thru II. I’ve never gotten an AC for my QH deposit. I only get them for my SDO

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
That worked out! One not so hidden gem of the QH is the ability for an owner to book a discounted nightly rate. This makes it really nice night to book the larger units for only a weekend.
I've done that for guests -- I book the reservation and they pay the owner's rate when they check-in. I have one renter that rents the full week then adds three nights.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
For last years deposit, I was able to split the lockoff and get two trades thru II. I’ve never gotten an AC for my QH deposit. I only get them for my SDO
Now that's weird - I've never received an AC for my SDO's - in five years. I received them for my Donatello unit, my QH, and my Marriotts. Obviously, not complaining, but I didn't think that II gave Vistana owners AC's. :D

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Now that's weird - I've never received an AC for my SDO's - in five years. I received them for my Donatello unit, my QH, and my Marriotts. Obviously, not complaining, but I didn't think that II gave Vistana owners AC's. :D
This year right after I deposited my SDO, I got an AC and then I got two more about two months ago. That is so weird.

I will say my QH seems to pull good trades thru II, but since this direct trade is so much cheaper, I might just stick with this option. I’m planning on using my week in 2019 as I really want to get back to Nola

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've done that for guests -- I book the reservation and they pay the owner's rate when they check-in. I have one renter that rents the full week then adds three nights.

I was wondering to what degree they enforce the owner rate rules. It is supposed to be for the owner or immediate family and not even relatives. Can you really do as many reservations as you want and rent them out or is it just an extension of your owner rental?

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I was wondering to what degree they enforce the owner rate rules. It is supposed to be for the owner or immediate family and not even relatives. Can you really do as many reservations as you want and rent them out or is it just an extension of your owner rental?

My situation is that I rented one of my regular fixed weeks but my renter wanted three extra nights at the end. I made the three-night reservation for him, got the owner's rate, but was otherwise not involved in the transaction. He paid QH directly when he checked in. I don't know how much he paid for the three nights or how much I saved him by booking at the owners' rate instead of the regular rack rate.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a question for fellow QH owners. I paid my 2017 maintenance fees during 2016. I rented 2017 to a friend. Despite mailing the QH form indicating that a friend would be coming, plus calling twice, they had no record of my friend's arrival on check in day. Luckily I called them in the morning before my friend arrived and got it straightened out, but I was kind of nervous. What could I have done to make this go smoother?

The QH emails a reservation confirmation with the requested name on it. If you did not receive the reservation email then they likely did not make the reservation. This has happened to me before and I keep following up until I receive the email. One time they created a reservation for the wrong type because it had taxes on it. I had to call and get it corrected.

In the future if you do not get a confirmation I would email Nina and copy Nikki.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The QH emails a reservation confirmation with the requested name on it. If you did not receive the reservation email then they likely did not make the reservation. This has happened to me before and I keep following up until I receive the email. One time they created a reservation for the wrong type because it had taxes on it. I had to call and get it corrected.

In the future if you do not get a confirmation I would email Nina and copy Nikki.
Thank you for this information. I never received an email (obviously) and since it was my first time renting, I wasn't looking for one either.