• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I'm looking at Sheraton Desert Oasis

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at Sheraton Desert Oasis a 1/1 float 1-52. I need to know what's good about the resort or bad. I have seen the pictures and it looks beauitful. The week they have up for sale is week 26, but I would like to go there at a different time of the year. Any help would be greatly apprecated.

maggiesmom

CaliDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
The large 1bd's are good size.. jacuzzi tub, full kitchen.. resort has a huge pool and is good for kids.

The week on the deed doesn't matter as long as it floats 1-52.

You should be able to pay under $1K for the week

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you have the HOA phone number?. I would like to find out if there is going to be any updates to the resort (if any) and when.
Wha tis the best time of year you and your family like to go?.

maggiesmom

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
SDO

The large one bedroom's are nice, I don't think you will find an annual use
large 1 bedroom for under $1000 however. Maybe with the prices going in the toilet it won't be long though

CaliDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't have the HOA # .. but we like to go during spring break. Too hot in the summer..

nazclk is right.. the small 1bd.. you can easily get under $1K .. If you're patient and make lots of offer.. $1000-1500 should be attainable

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Since this is a Starwood resort, I'm going to move this to the Starwood board.

One of the great features about this resort is that it has a 3 day priority for other Starwood resorts on the II website. In the last 6 mos., owners have been able to exchange into some fabulous Starwood resorts like the 3 Maui Resorts and the new Cancun resort, Lagunamar.

For lots of info. about Starwood, see the FAQ and Owner Rersources at the top of the board.

Joshadelic

TUG Member
Reaction score
And from another thread...

If you're purchasing, make sure it's one of these units...

The true platinum deeded unit should be: 1064, 1072,
1081-1100, 2064, 2072, 2081- 2100, 3064-3072, and
3081-3100.

These are considered "true platinum" weeks. They were the ones that were sold AFTER Starwood took over the resort. This is important later on if you ever plan to requalify your week.

pointsjunkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
it is a great resort. a very homey feel. the people i met last march were really wonderful. the staff is very helpful. the pool is beautiful. according to the info i got before i purchased they had just had a cosmetic renovation.
good luck.

i have gotten great trades with my units.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
These are considered "true platinum" weeks. They were the ones that were sold AFTER Starwood took over the resort. This is important later on if you ever plan to requalify your week.

After all the news in the last few weeks, why would anyone really want to requalify now? Of course, there will be exceptions...but for the vast majority of us I just can't see it happening.

lars158

TUG Member
Reaction score
And from another thread...

If you're purchasing, make sure it's one of these units...

What difference will this make? Is it that you will not be able to requalify the older units or that the amount of StarOptions will be lower than 148,100 when requalified? I understand that you will get access to RCI with the older units, which would be a benefit (in addition to II).

Joshadelic

TUG Member
Reaction score
What difference will this make? Is it that you will not be able to requalify the older units or that the amount of StarOptions will be lower than 148,100 when requalified? I understand that you will get access to RCI with the older units, which would be a benefit (in addition to II).

Yes, the 1-52's will only requalify as gold even though they say they are platinum. The "true" platinum weeks seem to have a higher resale value because there are less of them available. If you have a "true" platinum week and you do requalify it, you'll be able to trade it in SVN with a much better value. Whether this is a benefit to you or not, you'll have to decide for yourself.

lyonsma

Reaction score
I just returned from Scottsdale last week, and though I wasn't at a Starwood resort this time I own at one and checked out SDO and Kierland (where we played golf). Wonderful thing about SDO is it is located literally blocks away from TPC (which is host to a pga tour event that is one of the biggest draws to the city each year) and is very near a large variety of good restaurants and shopping. We were there in early October obviously, and the weather was absolutely beautiful. 90-95 degrees in the "dry heat" of the desert is perfect! great for sitting by the pool, but also didn't get too hot playing golf or getting around town. I hadn't been to the area in 10 years and already can't wait to get back next year

Don S

TUG Member
Reaction score
Desert Oasis = Beautiful

Hi. We stayed there for the first time in May 2008. The 2BR unit we had was very nice...average upper class I'd say.

The grounds themselves are beautiful. Manicured, well maintained. Each little "alcove" between the buildings has it's own theme (water, forest, flowers) and they are beautiful.

My favorite spot was the hammock behind the "quiet pool". The hot tub behind the water falls was also great...and we really enjoyed the Wednesday TexMex buffet.

The grounds themselves are quite small and although there is a work-out centre, is not much else to do on the grounds. There is a field across the road if you're in the mood for some football or baseball catch.

Hope you enjoy your stay.

P.S. They had a potery painting guy in one day...you buy the pottery and he helps you paint it with patterns and stuff...well worth the time and money if you're into the crafty kinda thing.