• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I'm closing on a new timeshare... Has anyone heard of Holiday Transfer Services....

irisheaven

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be buying a timeshare from e-bay (item #4438223714) and was wondering if anyone's heard of this closing company? Are they any good? Are they fraudulent? I think they go by the names of: Holidygroup, Holiday Resales, INC., and Holiday Transfer Services. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sarah

gidat1

TUG Member
Reaction score
They been..

I have seen them advertise items on Ebay for atlest past two years. I do not have any personal Exp. but they seem to be ok. Check out the history of the seller and look at all other items for sale by them.

Some of the closing agencies are inhouse concerns and sometimes they make more money on closing a deal than the deal itself. ( Electronics stores selling warranties comes to mind).

Good luck.

Phil

Blondie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Blue, Raintree Resorts; Sudwala Lodge, SA; Hollywood Sands, Hollywood , Fla
They are fine. I bought five weeks from them. Double check all the info they give you. They are a reputable organization, albeit pricey by some standards.

Purduece

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have used Holiday to purchase two timeshares, they are a little higher than some but if they have what you want they give great service. I would deal with them again.

John

rod

TUG Member
Reaction score
I purchased a timeshare through them last summer, and I was very pleased with both the timeshare and the closing services. Donna Dubert was the salesperson for my timeshare and Holiday Transfer Services handled the closing in a professional manner. A "personal transfer agent" is assigned to make the ownership transfer to you, and you are given the name and e-mail address of this agent.

caribbean

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Three of the 5 weeks I own were bought from them. They occasionally make a mistake, but can be relied on to make it right. My experience has been good.

eal

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
Holiday Group A-OK

I have purchased several timeshares from Holiday Group via e-bay and every transaction went very well. I have dealt with Donna and Dion. The closing costs are a little higher than other companies but they are fast, efficient, and own up, then fix any mistakes.

irisheaven

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for eveyone's help.....I'm having a little problem having Donna checkup on some things for me regarding my purchase, but as long as they are reliable, it makes me feel better.

Thanks Again.

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bought 4 things from Holiday Group and they are fine. Their closing fee is highish at $395 but if you figure it into your total cost, you are fine.

Brenda was my transfer agent and was pretty decent. The pain in the neck think is that my club membership required a notarized letter to transfer and since I was buying it with my sister and she was on vacation and I was travelling on business, things got delayed a little... The delay was more from my side then theirs. I faxed the transfer documents to the club and paid the resort transfer fee to them to expediate despite the fact I was charged by Holiday Group but got refunds for those after 4 weeks or so..

Last edited:

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
I had some trouble with them and Donna checking up on things - they told us our deed was closed and it was not and it took another two months for it to be resolved - 5 months altogether

Amy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Holiday Transfer Services is Holiday's in-house transfer agent -- they charge more than outside professional transfer agents because that's another source of profit for them. So you are basically paying the seller to handle the closing. My one dealing with Donna on an ebay auction left me with no desire to buy from her, though I haven't heard any major complaints here. I just prefer honest sellers; but Donna ignored my emails telling her a listing contained incorrect information re unit configuration and maintenance fees (and I knew because I was an owner at that resort) - the listing was never corrected. So take care to check and doublecheck details - call the resort directly to verify details re ownership, fees, size, etc.

Mr.Airport

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Holiday Transfer service was fine for the one unit I bought through them.

However, Holiday Group had a little incorrect information in the description of the unit I bought. The description said I could sit on my balcony and watch the beautiful sunset in Pompano Beach. Unfortunately, Pompano Beach is on the Atlantic and my knowledge of how the Earth works told me the sun rises over the beautiful waters at Pompano, unless you are on the Intercoastal Waterway. They stammered because they realized they didn't know what they were talking about.

You should have no problem with their closing!

-gary