• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I'm a new Hyatt owner!

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, HGVC The Bay Club, HGVC Elara, Worldmark
I find EEE and II a lot less useful for our impulsive family plans, but this is the one case where 800-GOHYATT (rather than the website) had been useful in the past when we purchased resale and ended up with EEE points the previous owner couldn't use. Eventually they got wasted due to COVID but the Hyatt telephone team was very knowledgeable on strategies to use them.
Thanks once again. I assume this means the phone line has Hyatt priority access over what you get on the website?

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
Thanks once again. I assume this means the phone line has Hyatt priority access over what you get on the website?

They see stuff we don't. For instance, I have stayed at some older places in the UK which aren't listed because they're considered too "tired" for Hyatt people. Just looked one up -- Hever Hotel & Country Club, in 2007. There was another place in Wells (the smallest city in England). It still doesn't show up in Interval. Wells doesn't even show up in my history anymore. I don't know if these places are still in II or not. I would have to call. I thought these places were fine -- I used to live in Europe. I'm used to squeaky floors and buildings which are older than the city of Boston.

They also have reservation options we don't. "Anything in X general location during Y timeframe -- book it and charge me. Don't even ask. Email me when I have something." -- It's been several years since I've done one of those (also in the UK). Hopefully that is still possible.

alameda94501

TUG Member
Reaction score

While @ScoopLV probably has way more experience on access, I just meant they were smarter at finding things, explaining the ins and outs of EPlus, etc. I avoid the phone line because of additional costs for internal Hyatt reservations, but for Interval I need some handholding!

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
While @ScoopLV probably has way more experience on access, I just meant they were smarter at finding things, explaining the ins and outs of EPlus, etc. I avoid the phone line because of additional costs for internal Hyatt reservations, but for Interval I need some handholding!

I call them up as well. I've found that "Here's what I want, please set up the search and auto-reservation" works well. BUT -- I haven't had any need to do this for several years. So if things have changed over at II, I wouldn't know.

My current way to travel is to agree with my wife about when we want to travel. And then I run a search and ask her, "Do you want to go to Kuala Lumpur, Sardinia or Phuket?" She tells me and that's that. There are also a few specific places I want to stay because they look really, really cool. So I keep an eye out for those.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
A generous owner gifted us his High Sierra Lodge timeshare. We have 1,400 LCUP points to use this year. Owner services told me that we have a 60 day reservation window to use the points, before Sept. 16th. We have a fixed week 11, which I don't think we will use most of the time. So going forward, is there a better strategy for converting the fixed week to points and getting more time to use them, and a longer reservation window? If not, that's OK because we are flexible - just trying to figure out the best strategy.

Congrats Denise, I'm so happy for you, I really enjoy my Hyatt

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Be aware of some Hyatt quirks when using points in II:

No 24-hour grace period as with non-Hyatt exchanges. If you get a match with Hyatt, you are stuck.

No free size upgrades during flexchange. If you ePlus into a bigger unit, you pay for size difference in points, even during flexchange. No option to pay cash.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Be aware of some Hyatt quirks when using points in II:

No 24-hour grace period as with non-Hyatt exchanges. If you get a match with Hyatt, you are stuck.

No free size upgrades during flexchange. If you ePlus into a bigger unit, you pay for size difference in points, even during flexchange. No option to pay cash.

@echino , Oh wow, I did not know this about using points in II, thanks so much...

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, HGVC The Bay Club, HGVC Elara, Worldmark
@echino , Oh wow, I did not know this about using points in II, thanks so much...
I assume you mean trading a non-Hyatt to a Hyatt in II. I don't believe you can get Hyatt with Hyatt EEE points with the exception of the Welk/Hyatt mess.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
I assume you mean trading a non-Hyatt to a Hyatt in II. I don't believe you can get Hyatt with Hyatt EEE points with the exception of the Welk/Hyatt mess.

No, the other way around. When you have a pending request with Hyatt points in II, and you get an exact match (to a non-Hyatt resort), you are stuck, you cannot decline the match within 24 hours.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
We always get eplus, problem solved

You cannot do a request with ePlus, only manual search. Also, any size upgrades using ePlus cost additional points, even within 60 days.

When you use non-Hyatt timeshares (like Marriott for example) to exchange via Interval, and you get a match to your request, you have 24 hours to decline a match and continue with the request. You don't have those 24 hours with Hyatt.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
You cannot do a request with ePlus, only manual search. Also, any size upgrades using ePlus cost additional points, even within 60 days.

When you use non-Hyatt timeshares (like Marriott for example) to exchange via Interval, and you get a match to your request, you have 24 hours to decline a match and continue with the request. You don't have those 24 hours with Hyatt.
I get it , we rarely do requests with Interval so I didn't realize that. With searches we use eplus. The one time we did do a search we ended up with a 2 bedroom after requesting a 1 bedroom. They corrected it when I called and apologized.

SteveinHNL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another way to use your points CUP or Restricted CUP (RCUP) is to make an exchange in II. Limited LCUP pts cannot be used for II exchanges.

You can also deposit CUP points into an EEE pool (Extended Exchange ???) for II exchanges up to 4 months prior to your week's check-in date. EEE pts are good for 2 years for II exchanges.

The dates for all these periods & EEE for the use year are listed in your Account summary on the HRC website.
I am looking at Kal’s points chart, and it references HRPP, CUP, and LCUP. But I don’t see a reference to RCUP, what does this refer to?

[Whoops, I see the answer now. RCUP are points from canceled reservations.]

GTLINZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking at Kal’s points chart, and it references HRPP, CUP, and LCUP. But I don’t see a reference to RCUP, what does this refer to?

[Whoops, I see the answer now. RCUP are points from canceled reservations.]

You always have to think about the points age.

RCUP is restricted points due to cancelling a reservation within 60 days of checkin - but the returned points are still from before the original home use date. Like LCUP the points are restricted to a reservation within 60 days out. The only real use difference between RCUP and LCUP us RCUP points are still valid to use in II since not yet expired.

If you cancel a reservation more than 60 days out and the points are from before the original use date, they basically go back unrestricted to CUP.